• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

This isn't something really relevant to the current chapter or even arc, just some speculation about future events, but:

Since the series is called My Hero Academia, what will happen if they graduate from Yuuei? Because I'm pretty sure that time will come (in the far far away future). They probably go pro at some point, so what will the connection to the title be then? Sure, it just could continue without caring about that, but I'd like to believe a title is something that spans over the entire work, like One Piece or even something as basic as calling it the name of your main character, like Naruto.
So I thought... What if there came a point where Deku would build 'his' own Hero Academia, his own version of Yuuei, for others, to become a mentor for a new generation while working as a pro hero.

Deku becomes a Part-Time teacher while still doing heroics.

Crocodile

The sound you hear is of a million doujins being launched and fan-artists hammering away at their tablets!

At first I was like, "Damn, really Ochako? You're gonna fuck up by falling when your power is Anti-Gravity?" Seemed kind of regressive for her character, especially since it meant Deku had to save her.

But I guess I forgot that this manga is fucking great. It even had Deku figure the situation out without being surprised! So fucking well done.

I dont know what to say its great as always.

I did love that. I didnt realise what that rock being thrown meant until i read the chapter again. More smart and mind trick battles like this would be
👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

Also it was hilarious when he humped the ground to get away.

Agreed with these posts. This chapter was fucking lit!

Ascheroth

Deku becomes a Part-Time teacher while still doing heroics.

imagine grown-up Deku having to train first-year fanboys/fangirls in workplace training

He's going to grow an army of little Madmen, isn't he?

As for the chapter, I really liked those non-quirk techniques of the girl. This really seems like something Deku will pick up eventually, so I'm looking forward to that.

This isn't something really relevant to the current chapter or even arc, just some speculation about future events, but:

Since the series is called My Hero Academia, what will happen if they graduate from Yuuei? Because I'm pretty sure that time will come (in the far far away future). They probably go pro at some point, so what will the connection to the title be then? Sure, it just could continue without caring about that, but I'd like to believe a title is something that spans over the entire work, like One Piece or even something as basic as calling it the name of your main character, like Naruto.
So I thought... What if there came a point where Deku would build 'his' own Hero Academia, his own version of Yuuei, for others, to become a mentor for a new generation while working as a pro hero.

The opening of the manga has Deku as narrator, noting that this is the story of how he became the greatest of all heroes. I assume the manga will end with him getting that recognition. Basically, any time he narrates, it's clear the entire story is a flashback for him.

EDIT: The same line from Ep 2 of the anime.
rnQz2YZ.jpg

The perfect dovetail would Deku telling the story to another quirkless child.

The most fun i get from jump every thursday, excellent as always.

The slime girl's "I want to know more about you" kinda reminds me of the psycho girl from the league of villains.

Maximo

I am hoping he will learn how to use his arms without completely destroying them, so far haven't seen his focus on his legs come up with anything extremely interesting, still early days. Man soooo many characters love every design I have seen so far hopefully it won't get over the top trying to juggle everyone.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I am hoping he will learn how to use his arms without completely destroying them, so far haven't seen his focus on his legs come up with anything extremely interesting, still early days. Man soooo many characters love every design I have seen so far hopefully it won't get over the top trying to juggle everyone.

He just leveled a whole squad of people with his foot.

Trojita

DTL's complaint on Monday would have been that there literally wasn't any Bakuboy or the other boyz in this chapter.

Trojita

Deku is going win this girl over with his nerd charisma.

He already has I take it. The whole "I saved you even though you're an enemy and I knew that you were in disguise the whole time thing, and I looked fucking cool doing it" is like the Konami Code in manga to make girl's melt. AND SHE IS MELTING.

Jintor

i'm still vaguely curious as to why joke squad looks like the league of villains in civvie mode

i assume they can't be because, yo, both of them seem to have actual histories that don't really allow for crossover (short of a mass brainwash scenario etc) but the visual similarity is pretty striking

Don't think MHA will go much past their graduation, I'm sensing a Harry Potter-esque ending; big fight right before graduation/around that time, then epilogue X years in the future revealing how everyone turned out and Old Man Deku relating the story to his successor.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm kinda hoping for a timeskip post high-school so I can see how the professional world is in detail. Would also be fun if the school gets closed down due to a surge in villains or the school not being able to keep the students safe.

cntr

Banned
The goal is to have Deku become the greatest hero, not merely defeat All for One/Hands McGee. Having the story continue with Deku being a professional hero feels like the intended path the story is taking.

But who knows, maybe the direction will change and it'll make sense by the end.

Would be pretty baller
or stupid depending on how its done
to have deku become a top hero by his 3rd year so i imagine a timeskip is going to happen.

cntr

Banned
I hope there aren't any huge multi-year timeskips, reading about Deku growing up is great. I'd prefer smaller timeskips, like a few months or so. That should get us through the years without getting bogged down.

The opening of the manga has Deku as narrator, noting that this is the story of how he became the greatest of all heroes. I assume the manga will end with him getting that recognition. Basically, any time he narrates, it's clear the entire story is a flashback for him.

EDIT: The same line from Ep 2 of the anime.

The perfect dovetail would Deku telling the story to another quirkless child.
Wooooow I completely looked that over. At least we know Deku won't die anytime soon.

DTL's complaint on Monday would have been that there literally wasn't any Bakuboy or the other boyz in this chapter.

Keeping his legacy alive, i see.

i'm still vaguely curious as to why joke squad looks like the league of villains in civvie mode

i assume they can't be because, yo, both of them seem to have actual histories that don't really allow for crossover (short of a mass brainwash scenario etc) but the visual similarity is pretty striking

Yeah. They seem really too similar to just be coincidence, and we've seen how creative Horikoshi is with every character introduced...

There's still the chance slime girl is psycho-villain league girl. Didn't she actually take blood from Ochako that time?

You mean the other way around right? The one on the left was the prototype.

Edit: Wait do you mean he changed it for the tankoubon release? Holy shit that's a terrible step down.

Themeatically sure, but its far more consistent with how he looks through the rest of that arc. Had the next few chapters not turned into the final battle I might have disliked this but since Deku would be able to see A4O for the rest of the arc just fine it makes this initial moment strange.

Jarmel

Banned
Themeatically sure, but its far more consistent with how he looks through the rest of that arc. Had the next few chapters not turned into the final battle I might have disliked this but since Deku would be able to see A4O for the rest of the arc just fine it makes this initial moment strange.

I think it works better even for the initial moments as it could then be someone's perception, even if that doesn't match the reality, and hence has more of a surreal effect to it. He looks like a scratch/blot/error in the original release and it adds to Deku's perception of him just like he idolizes All Mights's actions and All Might is exaggerated in an opposite manner.

Moaradin

Yeah I kinda like the original version better too. Something about it is very menacing. It's a great introduction to the character.

The rest of the redraws are great though.

We briefly saw AFO in an earlier chapter, make sense to me to change his appearance when he's formally introduced to be coherent with that vs "blurry lines!".

cntr

Banned
The blurry line thing works better in the weekly release, since it's so sudden. Volume releases don't have that same level of surprise and suspense, so it'd just seem weird.

Jarmel

Banned
We briefly saw AFO in an earlier chapter, make sense to me to change his appearance when he's formally introduced to be coherent with that vs "blurry lines!".

That's the first time that we (and especially Deku) have seen AFO in formal combat gear. It's not just 'blurry lines' but rather by obfuscating there's a level of emotion that is lost with clarity.

Top Bottom