• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

upandaway

Don't think MHA will go much past their graduation, I'm sensing a Harry Potter-esque ending; big fight right before graduation/around that time, then epilogue X years in the future revealing how everyone turned out and Old Man Deku relating the story to his successor.
Actually I'm not even sure about a successor (at least as far as OfA is concerned). The quirk adds the current dude's power to the pool, so every generation it becomes harder and harder to use, something has to give eventually. I guess they could manually cap it at some point (unless they're mentally deranged like Deku and constantly use it at max with no regard for their life).

As far as the manga goes the story's scope is pretty much limitless. Goes without saying for future events and arcs, there's also a lot of prior generations of OfA that could each easily have an arc-long flashback.

I like the Vol 5 review for MHA

My Hero Academia's fifth volume manages to turn a classic tournament arc into a thematically cohesive meditation on parents and children, acknowledging the many ways we reflect our influences and our ultimate ability to rise above them. It's equally impressive as a display of action drama and refined character writing - each punch and tear feels earned and impactful, each passionate conversation layered with backstory and personality. It's an astonishing new peak for a series that seems determined to outdo itself with every volume. My Hero Academia is a classic in the making
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia/gn-5/.105915

Cant wait to have this and stain arc to be animated in season 2

I like the old one better.
New one is fine but the old version gave off the impression to me like we were seeing in that moment what deku was. A being beyond his comprehension

These are pretty much my thoughts on the change. Maybe not beyond comprehension, but someone who Deku perceived as completely and utterly wrong in everyway.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Well, he is the hottest and coolest character in the series.

But not the darkest

gCrc5Qn.jpg

cntr

Banned
Horikoshi's art for Kochikame's end in Issue 42, the one on the top with the gun. (Nice example of how Horikoshi's shading and coloring is American comics-influenced)

Next week (Issue 41) is going to be the 2nd anniversary!

Nightbird

Horikoshi's art for Kochikame's end in Issue 42, the one on the top with the gun. (Nice example of how Horikoshi's shading and coloring is American comics-influenced)

Next week (Issue 41) is going to be the 2nd anniversary!

Who drew the one on the left? I know the bottom one is the original and the one in the middle is from Oda.

Trojita

A better translation definitely makes certain scenes feel different.

It's made way more obvious that Deku knew that wasn't Uraraka.

Chairhome

So, after watching the first season and finding out they carry the manga at my library, I'm caught up to this up to the 5th volume of the US manga. What WSJ issue should I start with if I want to catch up? Vol 5 ended at chapter 44. I am thinking about getting the digital back issues of WSJ and getting a subscription from here on out. If there's another (legal) way of catching up, let me know. Thanks! I'm really into it now.

Trojita

So, after watching the first season and finding out they carry the manga at my library, I'm caught up to this up to the 5th volume of the US manga. What WSJ issue should I start with if I want to catch up? Vol 5 ended at chapter 44. I am thinking about getting the digital back issues of WSJ and getting a subscription from here on out. If there's another (legal) way of catching up, let me know. Thanks! I'm really into it now.

Hmm I think it is WSJ 2015 #28 for chapter 45.

Chairhome

Bah, seems like I can only get back issues of weekly Shonen jump up to three months back. If anyone knows of another way, let me know please. Otherwise I guess I'll wait for the collected volumes...

Chairhome

I have emailed them and they said due to licensing issues, they can only offer up to 3 months back. I guess I'll just have to wait, or read a wiki then jump in on the subscription

SalvaPot

I have emailed them and they said due to licensing issues, they can only offer up to 3 months back. I guess I'll just have to wait, or read a wiki then jump in on the subscription

You can buy the Japanese 6th volume digitally and then read a fan translation.

cntr

Banned
The amount of strength obtained from OFA is directly proportional to how tight you clench your asshole.

When Izuku is at his chair not putting his ass on his chair, it's not him just trying to exercise his legs, but him practicing his clenching.

For the harder your sphincter, the stronger you are.

The original One For All wanted to kill his brother, All For One, not because All For One was evil. The original OFA wanted AFO dead because AFO ended up creating this kind of power intentionally, knowing fully well that the original One For All suffered from a serious case of Hemerrhoids.

BNHA's true plot isn't the struggle between good and evil between AFO and OFA.
It's the battle to avenge the original One For All's butthole.
believe it.

Trojita

Chapters out! Second Anniversary.

There's a color spread and it is gorgeous!

Also a new character popularity poll is starting.

Trojita

I was wondering what the deal would be with body transformation people and their targets. Her targets completely disappeared.

Someone like Chuunibird has a natural advantage with his cowl covering those areas as well.

Top Bottom