• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Best Girl's Birthday is today!

5R2w5tI.jpg

It was between her and slime girl for my best girl of the month.

I'm looking forward to the results of the next popularity poll. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed since one year.

I'm guessing Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo will keep their spots, but I'm guessing a downward trend for All Might and Uraraka. I don't know why. Just an odd feeling. I don't know who would rise. Possibly Tsuyu and Tokoyami?

I'm looking forward to the results of the next popularity poll. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed since one year.

I'm guessing Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo will keep their spots, but I'm guessing a downward trend for All Might and Uraraka. I don't know why. Just an odd feeling. I don't know who would rise. Possibly Tsuyu and Tokoyami?

Given how prominent All Might was in the last arc, I can still see him ranking relatively high. Uraraka will definitely take a fall though.

I can see Shigaraki and Toga getting pretty good ranks. Momo as well since she was more prominent since the last poll.

cntr

Banned
Can't wait for the textless version of that spread
and I see Horikoshi went all the way with invisible girl

Ochako: reasonable shounen heroine who doesn't assume things based on situation; hallelujah.

I also appreciate these new weird-ass quirks.

Deku and Bakugou hype!

Jintor

I'm starting to think she is too. It would explain her already cultivated 'interest' in Deku and how she could transform into Uravity.

The thing is the Joke Squad are vouched for by Joke who is vouched for by Lazybones. It's difficult with the information we currently have to reconcile that...

Jarmel

Banned
The thing is the Joke Squad are vouched for by Joke who is vouched for by Lazybones. It's difficult with the information we currently have to reconcile that...

It seems like it wouldn't necessarily be hard for her to maintain multiple identities. She stole someone else's ID and goes to school under their name.

Jintor

holy shit that is the grossest power i've ever seen.

yeah... I dunno, it kinda seems to hint that Slimey is Toga... but man, I dunno

cntr

Banned
I wonder if Endeavor forced Inasa out of going to UA, it makes perfect sense but...goddamn, Endeavor, what a fucker he'd be.

Trojita

Slimegirl isn't a part of joke squad? She's with the other elite school Shiketsu.

Joke teaces joke squad at Ketsubutsu.

Also I wonder if the Cronenberg guy has his ability automatically release that form after some time is over and / or knocking him unconscious turns everyone back. If not Kirishima is not getting his provisional license ;_;

Slime girl is not Toga. Stop it.

Actually, reading the chapter again, it makes even more sense. She scratches deku, drawing blood from him (the same way she did it with ochako on the camp).Then tells Ochako how she was very well trusted (she got the info from the blood, deku really trusts ochako). This is exactly what happened on the camp, she used information she gathered from her quirk.

So, in other words, she uses blood to turn into the "person" it was from: as in, gather intel on what they think + physical appareance.

Trojita

There's no way Slime is vampire girl. Even being stalkers their personalities are completely different.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I feel like the only real reason we think slime girl is evil is because of her interest in Deku. But lets be real, Deku is a hunk. One could shred cheese off those abs. Im surprised there isnt a miny fan club for him yet.

Jintor

Well she was pretty excited about getting the claw-blood or whatever and we all think toga has some kind of shapeshifting or body stealing power so it kiiiiinda links together.

SalvaPot

Isn't SlimeGirl's school in like, the east side of Japan, while Yuuei is on the west side? Won't that make it physically impossible to be on both places at the same time?

Or maybe that is why the school trip was setup on a break, so there are no plot wholes.

The plot thickens.

Oh yeah, and who is up for our second popularity contest? I wonder how much it has changed since last time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Unless Slime Girl got replaced during the test:

Serial Killer girl sneaks into the testing site

Serial Killer girl takes out/kills original "slime girl"

Serial Killer girl assumes slime girl's identity and attacks Deku.

This could also explain why slime girl doesn't have any of the targets on her. Because it's not the original slime girl.

cntr

Banned
My bet is that it's either totally unrelated, or Slimeketsu is Himiko's sister or something. It would be a simple way to keep Shiketsu connected to the main plot.

didn't she not have the targets because she got out of her clothes?

i doubt it's the villain girl. I think we're taking a break from the villains after the AFO arc.

Or she targeted deku for a reason; i. e using his appearance for something later on... I agree that the league appearing again so soon would be kind of too much, but that doesn't mean they can't set up things from the background in this arc.

Team slimegirl is toga.

Cerium

Jesus Christ that guy mangling people was gross. Hope Bakugou wrecks him.
Same. That's a crazy quirk to have.
It felt like the kind of stand powers you see in Jojo.
Yeah seriously what the fuck is that quirk.
Betting he has a skin or flesh manipulation quirk

He turns people into Cronenbergs.

Horikoshi has probably been watching Rick and Morty.

cntr

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi actually watched Rick and Morty, but that weird finger attack makes it feel like flesh manipulation

SalvaPot

Here it is, you asked for it! The OFFICIAL Sequel to the popularity contest! Why settle for the official when the only opinion that matters is that of GAFfers?

You get FIVE votes, once again. I considered increasing the format to 10, BUT for the sake of consistency and truthful voting, we'll keep it at five.

Here is your format:

Code:
~~~Second NeoGAF Popularity Contest for "My Hero Academia".~~~
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

It works the same as last time. 5 points for first place, 4 for second, 3 for third, 2 for fourth and 1 for fifth. At the end we accumulate all the votes and publish what the GAF hive mind thinks. Oh, what a thrill!

Top Bottom