• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Cerium

Code:
1) Kendou Itsuka
2) Kyouka Jirou
3) Todoroki Shouto
4) Tsuyu Asui
5) Tooru Hagakure

#1 said:
latest
#2 said:
#3 said:
#4 said:
#5 (NSFW?) said:

cntr

Banned
1) Izuku Midoriya
2) All Might
3) Ochako Uraraka
4) Katsuki Bakugou
5) Eijirou Kirishima

Pretty standard taste, heh.

Qurupeke

1) Hatsume Mei
2) Itsuka Kendou
3) Hagakure Tooru
4) Katsuki Bakugou
5) Uraraka Ochako

I'd vote for Slime Girl too, but we don't even know her name...

balgajo

1) Deku
2) Uraraka
3) A Mad Banquet of Darkness
4) All Might
5)Don't know if Bakugou or Todoroki

Honorable mention: Best Jeanist.

Code:
~~~Second NeoGAF Popularity Contest for "My Hero Academia".~~~
1)Tsuyu Asui
2) Izuku Midoraya
3)Shouko Todoroki
4)Stain
5)Inasa Yaorashi, though to be honest, this is interchangeable.

Pappasman

1) Eraserhead
2) All Might
3) Todoroki
4) Ochako
5) Jirou

My runners up would probably be Sugar Man and Edge Shot

edit: switched my one and two. You already know that Aizawa is the best.

Here it is, you asked for it! The OFFICIAL Sequel to the popularity contest! Why settle for the official when the only opinion that matters is that of GAFfers?

You get FIVE votes, once again. I considered increasing the format to 10, BUT for the sake of consistency and truthful voting, we'll keep it at five.

Here is your format:

Code:
~~~Second NeoGAF Popularity Contest for "My Hero Academia".~~~
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

It works the same as last time. 5 points for first place, 4 for second, 3 for third, 2 for fourth and 1 for fifth. At the end we accumulate all the votes and publish what the GAF hive mind thinks. Oh, what a thrill!

1. Tokoyami Fumikage
2. Shouji Mezou
3. Yaoyorozu Momo
4. Stain
5. Midoriya Izuku

Cerium

I think everyone is kind of assuming Todoroki will be well represented so they're giving him short shrift.

That's what I did anyway.

Cerium

You know, I really don't think there is any other manga out there that had such a large quantity of high quality characters with so few chapters.

cntr

Banned
Horikoshi's writing is fantastic. Just compare Todoroki to other moody characters like Sasuke, Todoroki is so much better that it feels wrong to even consider them in the same class.

You know, I really don't think there is any other manga out there that had such a large quantity of high quality characters with so few chapters.

IIRC, ES21 had at least this many strong characters by now, but I might be misremembering the timing there. MHA's stable of greats grew a lot faster, though.

cntr

Banned
That's because E21's character introductions were more spread out, Deku met the entire class in the first few chapters.

That's because E21's character introductions were more spread out, Deku met the entire class in the first few chapters.

Pretty much, yeah. Other characters that were introduced early didn't become great until later, though, like the Huh Huh brothers, who were basically just generic bullies until the Sphinx game.

But Hiruma> all, so it worked out p. well.

Bowl0l

Pretty much, yeah. Other characters that were introduced early didn't become great until later, though, like the Huh Huh brothers, who were basically just generic bullies until the Sphinx game.

But Hiruma> all, so it worked out p. well.
i wished that there is a Hiruma-esque character in My Hero Academia.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I knew the guy was hiding his hands for a reason.

This was DTL's chapter lol. It's going to melt DTL's heart.

Anyone still think Kaminari's evil?

Deku was straight up ruthless.

So Tsuyu, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Six Arms, and Headphone girl all passed.

Iida and Navel are working together. Sugar Man, Rock Animal, and Chuunibird are working together.

I did not expect that last panel lol.

Cerium

So Deku gets paired with tape guy this time, that's new! Who else hasn't he been teamed with yet? Tail guy, Kaminari, Animal Talker, Jirou, Alien Queen, Invisigirl (does she actually do anything?) and anyone else?

Oh right, Navel guy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah it's multipart lol. The beginning was to weed out 93% of the applicants.

It's the Killua Hunter Exam.

I wonder if the second part starts automatically or not. Looked like it was going to start right away without a break, but then again all those other guys are in the waiting room.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah it's multipart lol. The beginning was to weed out 93% of the applicants.

It's the Killua Hunter Exam.

I wonder if the second part starts automatically or not. Looked like it was going to start right away without a break, but then again all those other guys are in the waiting room.

oh shit. just when I was thinking all of Class A might make it.

Top Bottom