• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Knowing Deku, he'll figure out
she's a villain and continue to date her anyway as a way to reform her

Listen I am a banking on kidnapping, Stockholm syndrome, reverse Stockholm syndrome, reform, then dating cutsey dating where they get cherry milkshakes and shit and share one straw and ahhhh! Why can't this manga just turn into Kimi Ni Todoke damn it. Why can't every manga just turn into Kimi No Todoke...

Side note: Don't want to click the spoiler, does she still have the freckles and fangs? Cause she's dead to me without those.

Cerium

Oh the PM finally came through, just late.

Okay so now the question is, was there ever really a
Kemi? Was it a fake identity all along? Or did Toga kill a girl and take her place?

Jarmel

Banned
Oh the PM finally came through, just late.

Okay so now the question is, was there ever really a
Kemi? Was it a fake identity all along? Or did Toga kill a girl and take her place?

Later one most likely.
She needs blood from a person to transform. RIP Kemi

cntr

Banned
(Actual chapter spoilers)
Yes, there was a real Kemi, since the Shiketsu classmates comment on "Kemi" acting weird. The real Kemi is dead and/or turned into Noumu fodder.

Spinx

Real Kemi is knocked out and tied up somewhere. No way Horikoshi kills a kid lol

If best jeanist survived, no one is dying in this thing

FlowersisBritish

Upon some legit and serious thought.
Nazi school is a bunch of fucking idiots! Holy shit how does someone not notice? Especially when out of the blue she has an entirely different fucking quirk???

cntr

Banned
Nazi school is a bunch of fucking idiots! Holy shit how does someone not notice? Especially when out of the blue she has an entirely different fucking quirk???
Summer break just ended, so I'm assuming Kemi was replaced in the summer, and they haven't seen "Kemi" use her quirk. They'll find out soon.

FlowersisBritish

Summer break just ended, so I'm assuming Kemi was replaced in the summer, and they haven't seen "Kemi" use her quirk. They'll find out soon.

kay kay,
but a big part of this world is keeping tabs on quirks. If I remember right, everyone is registered because that's a smart move when half your citizens could be super villains if they really wanted to. Kemi has a file somewhere and I bet they pulled it out for the exam as they watched her and at some god damn point someone had to notice the girl who can shoot, I dunno, Marmalade from her fingers was not shooting marmalade and instead zipping around in a flesh cocoon. I refuse to believe my cute yandere got as far as she god damn did without near comical levels of incompetence from literally everyone looking in her general direction.

Edit: Cerlum was right, this was a terrible idea.

Cerium

Wait, that first pic.
Did Bakugou not pass?

edit: Oh wow,
Bakugou didn't pass.
I like that. That part I like.

cntr

Banned
But remember, the only time we see her use her quirk was behind a bunch of rocks, and only three people saw her. It was during the battle examination, too, where the testing was automated, not observed. It's not that implausible.

Edit: also we're working off a one-line spoiler and a panel, wait for the actual chapter

Cerium

I just realized that
Toga was extracting the blood so that she could have a supply to drink from later. That's gross and unsanitary. What if the target has AIDS?

FlowersisBritish

But think about the time between the summer and now? And no one noticed? Deku's class was training all the god damn time. What, she never used her quirk? Like, maybe if she snatched the girl right before the exam for shits and giggles? But the further down the rabbit hole I go the more this just becomes an episode of Mr. Bean....

Metal B

Having a father absent working overseas is a common trope in manga. I recall The World God Only Knows, for example, used this prominently. The father never even appeared on screen despite being invoked as a plot device several times.

It might be a product of Japanese society where men are often overworked and children tend to be raised almost completely by their mothers.

Seems likely to me that the author just didn't want to deal with a father character.
It helps to understand, why Deku is obsessed with All Might. The hero became his father figure, since is own father isn't around him much.
I could see, that Kōhei will use Deku's father in the future to create a conflict between him and All Might. I trust Kōhei to get the cliche and use it for an interesting twist.

cntr

Banned
Pfft, I'm too many spoilers being dropped now, I was only aware of
the Kemi
one

Gotta go hide in the spoiler bunker until the chapter comes out

Jarmel

Banned
kay kay,
but a big part of this world is keeping tabs on quirks. If I remember right, everyone is registered because that's a smart move when half your citizens could be super villains if they really wanted to. Kemi has a file somewhere and I bet they pulled it out for the exam as they watched her and at some god damn point someone had to notice the girl who can shoot, I dunno, Marmalade from her fingers was not shooting marmalade and instead zipping around in a flesh cocoon. I refuse to believe my cute yandere got as far as she god damn did without near comical levels of incompetence from literally everyone looking in her general direction.

Edit: Cerlum was right, this was a terrible idea.

Honestly it's not that much of a stretch as
visibility was a mess in the first exam due to the rocks everywhere and in the second exam she might just have been helping people. It could also be just thought of as nerves due to being a big exam as to why she doesn't display her powers.

Wait, that first pic.
Did Bakugou not pass?

edit: Oh wow,
Bakugou didn't pass.
I like that. That part I like.

The best part is
Mineta gives him shit about it. Mineta is the one making Baku eat shit.

cntr

Banned
MHA's always been dark. It's a setting where you can get kidnapped and turned into a mindless gene-monster, where one of the top heroes abuses his wife and children for eugenics, and that such eugenics-based quirk marriages used to be a common occurrence, and the apocalypse is part of the backstory.

I can't wait for the scene where Bakugou and Izuku find out what happened to the wing kid, mostly because I imagine it being like that scene from The Incredibles, and they find a Noumu database.

Edit: Heck, even Principal Nedzu's backstory was that he used to be a lab rat, i.e., people used to abuse an intelligent creature simply because he was an animal. What do you think they'd used to people who have inhuman quirks?

Cerium

MHA's always been dark. It's a setting where you can get kidnapped and turned into a mindless gene-monster, where one of the top heroes abuses his wife and children for eugenics, and that such eugenics-based quirk marriages used to be a common occurrence, and the apocalypse is part of the backstory.

I can't wait for the scene where Bakugou and Izuku find out what happened to the wing kid, mostly because I imagine it being like that scene from The Incredibles, and they find a Noumu database.

Edit: Heck, even Principal Nedzu's backstory was that he used to be a lab rat, i.e., people used to abuse an intelligent creature simply because he was an animal. What do you think they'd used to people who have inhuman quirks?
That's all different from having an actual character get either killed or turned into Noumu.

I'm just picturing what the other kids will think and it's so sad.

Jintor

she probably
just never demonstrated the 'new' quirk in front of them and 'kemi' had no reason to use her 'real' quirk

didn't
Toga say something about needing certain quantities of blood during the forest attack? Do you think she needs a constant supply to maintain her form perhaps?

she probably
just never demonstrated the 'new' quirk in front of them and 'kemi' had no reason to use her 'real' quirk

didn't
Toga say something about needing certain quantities of blood during the forest attack? Do you think she needs a constant supply to maintain her form perhaps?

So basically, so far as we have seen, Toga has always been masquerading as Kemi? That would kind of explain her attachment to the main character...

It was a logical ruse.

Minetas Hierarchy has already fallen. Loved when iida turned him. i love those small interactions.

Great chapter cant wait to see how things develop.

Cerium

ISIfOtQ.jpg

This pairing is so official.

Cerium

God I hate arcs where the villains impersonate the hero and go around ruining his good name.

I hope that's not where this is going.

Maybe just an infiltration? Or kidnapping the real one to replace him. But I feel the others would see right through that.

cntr

Banned
I wasn't liking how Camie was randomly into Deku, so her being Toga is a good development in my book. An impersonation-smear plot doesn't feel like Horikoshi's style, so I'm betting it'll be infiltration.

The original Camie's dead. Toga did it alone, so it's not a kidnapping or Noumufication, and she's a serial killer.

Philippo

NOOOOOOOO

Hottest girl turns out to be the most annoying one, i'm disappointed.

Still, Mineta and Bakugou where gold comedy once again.

upandaway

I wasn't liking how Camie was randomly into Deku, so her being Toga is a good development in my book. An impersonation-smear plot doesn't feel like Horikoshi's style, so I'm betting it'll be infiltration.

The original Camie's dead. Toga did it alone, so it's not a kidnapping or Noumufication, and she's a serial killer.
If the thing about needing lots of blood is true then yeah, there's no way she survived.

Ascheroth

If the thing about needing lots of blood is true then yeah, there's no way she survived.

I'm guessing she either needs a drop of blood every time she turns into someone or a single drop only works for a certain duration, because otherwise it would be way too overpowered.

cntr

Banned
0MaTpdP.png

Yeah, this panel implies she needs a decent amount of blood to work. She might not be able to turn into Deku.

Jarmel

Banned
She probably needs a drop per transformation. If she needed large amounts then her having a drop of Deku's blood wouldn't matter.

FlowersisBritish

Jeeeeeezus you guys are so bad at speculations. Transforming? Impostering? No son, think way way way waaaaaaay back to chapter 2. When All Might gave Deku a hair. And that little bit of DNA was able to start the pass down process. And now the villains have a bit of DNA. I'm thinking Army of All Might Nemus. That would definitely pose some problems, especially since the hero's response seems to be "get as many good heroes out as possible."

Side note: I reread the last few chapters of the exam and my ship has wind and sails. Notice how Deku asked for her, the girl with the 'lips.' Previous chapters, he saved her even when he knew ahead of time she was impersonating Oochako. Also she waved to him and he waved back. Just saying, I think he and crazykun would be cute. I atleast want to see how it goes gosh darn it!

Also for real I think Toga's thing might more be like she just needs blood to survive. Remember, the author is trying to set up all the villains in either sympathetic or atleast understandable roles whether just in admiration of Stain or what. A girl who needs to feed off blood to survive can not be well liked in society.

Well I was extremely wrong.

I guaranteed 100% it wasn't Toga and boy was I super wrong.

Also Camie's probably not dead and is just being used as a blood bag locked up somewhere.

Jeeeeeezus you guys are so bad at speculations. Transforming? Impostering? No son, think way way way waaaaaaay back to chapter 2. When All Might gave Deku a hair. And that little bit of DNA was able to start the pass down process. And now the villains have a bit of DNA. I'm thinking Army of All Might Nemus. That would definitely pose some problems, especially since the hero's response seems to be "get as many good heroes out as possible."

Side note: I reread the last few chapters of the exam and my ship has wind and sails. Notice how Deku asked for her, the girl with the 'lips.' Previous chapters, he saved her even when he knew ahead of time she was impersonating Oochako. Also she waved to him and he waved back. Just saying, I think he and crazykun would be cute. I atleast want to see how it goes gosh darn it!

Also for real I think Toga's thing might more be like she just needs blood to survive. Remember, the author is trying to set up all the villains in either sympathetic or atleast understandable roles whether just in admiration of Stain or what. A girl who needs to feed off blood to survive can not be well liked in society.
They established with stain that one for all can't be forcibly taken, the user has to want to transfer it

FlowersisBritish

Deku is wearing transformer shoes. Science exists in this universe and I'll be damned if science can't figure a way around whatever magic makes the consent work in the process.

cntr

Banned
They mentioned Toga's victims had all the blood drained from them, right? The original Camie would've had the same thing happen to her.

Top Bottom