• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Truck-Chan wants in on this action!
tw9tQpj.jpg

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Quick predictions because we're probs not gonna see the end of this fight for awhile. Bakugou gets killed by Truck-san. Then is later replaced by a new Bakugou who'll be way less of an asshole and as a result, less memorable.

Veelk

Banned
What the fuck lol

I hadn't read it, but apparently, it's a romance manga that is by that awful Town Where You Live guy which was one of the most epic hate reads on manga gaf.

Anyway, the guy is up for melodrama, so apparently he decided to kill off the main character named Fuuka Akitsuki. But then he realized "Well, shit, the name of the manga is Fuuka, what the fuuka am I gonna do now? I know, make another Fuuka!" So we now have Fuuka Aoi enter as the replacement fuuka toy.

It's fuuka'd up.

Edit: I'm looking stuff up and apparently TV tropes has this decription of what happens in the Town manga

"Haruto keeps taking back Yuzuki. Seriously she never tells him anything, takes on things often that require him to go out of his way to save her, flat out lies to him, breaks up with him without a word, screws with him, and now after an argument over a misunderstanding on her part (again) she storms out of Haruto's house, blocks his number, leaving him to almost file a missing persons report with how he can't get in contact with her and no one has seen her. Then when she finally comes back she doesn't even say a word to him as she just gets her suitcase. But for some reason he does everything he can to keep her.

Then once they get back together, she promises they will finally have sex the next day. So to make everything perfect Haruto cleans the house, cooks dinner, goes through mental heck trying to prepare to finally cross this line. What does Yuzuki do? She shows up late, is half drunk, eats the food, and states she is going to sleep because she is exhausted from partying with Miyu all day, leaving Haruto confused and understandably frustrated when she goes to bed. So after he cleans up everything, he goes to bed, and tries to go to sleep, Yuzuki looks over at him and gets angry at HIM."

I think I may have read some of that chapter. Apparently, that's the drama of his stories. Will these horrible people ever find it in their cold, psychotic hearts to love each other?! Stay tuned and find out!

cntr

Banned
And the most recent chapter has
the original Fuuka reappear, because she wasn't dead, she only had amnesia! And her parents held a funeral and told nobody for no reason.

well she might be a third fuuka, but who the fuuka knows

Kansoku

Goddammit guys. Fuuka is receiving a anime adaptation next season, and I wanted to watch it but now I kinda know stuff will happen (didn't read the spoilers per se, but now I can guess what will happen :<)

I mean, it's most recently back in the public eye because of Fuuka but it's also been an underlying amusing trope in manga to have a character killed by a truck. It doesn't seem that weird til you see how often it happens. I'm reading probably something like 5 different manga that had a character get hit by a truck.

Ascheroth

If you were to believe manga and LNs, then trucks are the single highest cause of death in Japan. Especially for teenagers.
Half of the reincarnated/transported to fantasy world things probably start by having a truck kill the MC.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
When I think of a truck in anime/manga I think of the very end of Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie when Bison tries to run Ryu down with a semi. Which is oddly hilarious considering the entire movie is about fighting another person with your own physical prowess and skills and Bison is supposed to be an absolute monster... but lets try and run Ryu down.

cntr

Banned
honestly half the reason I want Ochako/Deku to happen is because it'd be really funny to have a jump battle shounen do it right, when almost everything else does it so fuukaing wrong

Cerium

When I think of a truck in anime/manga I think of the very end of Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie when Bison tries to run Ryu down with a semi. Which is oddly hilarious considering the entire movie is about fighting another person with your own physical prowess and skills and Bison is supposed to be an absolute monster... but lets try and run Ryu down.

level-discontinuity-20110311053522953.jpg

latest

Jarmel

Banned
I AM GOING TO FUCKING EAT DURING THAT ANIME ALL MIGHT VS ALL FOR ONE FIGHT

That Hayashi score is going to be so god damn good.

cntr

Banned
It's unlikely, but I kinda hope that S2 is longer than expected and it goes all the way to All for One.

wouldn't even take that many episodes either, if they speed up the pacing to be more like the manga

cntr

Banned
I had very low expectations for S1, so I was quite pleased with it...but yeah, the pacing and flashbacks mean I can't recommend it unconditionally. And it was really annoying that it only covered like, the least impressive parts.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I had very low expectations for S1, so I was quite pleased with it...but yeah, the pacing and flashbacks mean I can't recommend it unconditionally. And it was really annoying that it only covered like, the least impressive parts.

The animation quality was really piss poor in some episodes which is made even more glaring when they go all out for the final eps.

I don't think we're getting to All For One unless its like a 26 episode series, at least if the pacing is the same as the first season. If its 13 eps we get up to Stain. If its longer by a bit we might get the second villain attack and if its lengthy then I could see it getting to All For One.

cntr

Banned
Yeah. I'm hoping that was just a result of the awkward episode count and the rushed production, and won't be a problem with S2.

Meffer

Honestly it'll end at the Stain arc. The Sports Festival is decently long and took longer to finish than Hiro expected. Then we'll get the Stain arc in the second half.

FlowersisBritish

Honestly it'll end at the Stain arc. The Sports Festival is decently long and took longer to finish than Hiro expected. Then we'll get the Stain arc in the second half.

I'm taking an honest guess it will end with his speech before he passes out, a little ending ominous ending dialogue from Deku, and the after credit stinger should be a couple dudes in a window with their phones out going, "Holy shit, that dude was nuts. Let's upload this to Youtube!"

They're not going to show the other villains because that's a lot of work for only a few minutes of this season. They'll open next season with the effects of Stain.

My humble guesses.

cntr

Banned
That's way too abrupt, yo. Ending on All Might explaining everything to Deku, and thinking that he won't be around anymore, that's a better tease for S3.

Meffer

I'm taking an honest guess it will end with his speech before he passes out, a little ending ominous ending dialogue from Deku, and the after credit stinger should be a couple dudes in a window with their phones out going, "Holy shit, that dude was nuts. Let's upload this to Youtube!"

They're not going to show the other villains because that's a lot of work for only a few minutes of this season. They'll open next season with the effects of Stain.

My humble guesses.

While Stain's speech is one of the more powerful moments in this series just ending at it there isn't a good point. That's a climatic moment so we need a slow moment to ease excitement down and let viewers reflect.

FlowersisBritish

Maybe? My only issue is more narrative taste. I like my seasons to be relatively self-contained. Ending on All For One kind of ruins a circular closeness to the season, especially since if you open with it in a third season and end with All Mights last battle, you again get a nice circular closedness.

Edit: to clarify, I'm not saying end end on the speech, I mean the speech is in the final episode and we get the gradual decrease in tension, but I don't think they're going to show the part with the Villian's alliance forming and those shots of Toga Dabi. The idea of my tease is they open with a youtube video of Stain in the third season and then pick up from there.

cntr

Banned
Well, an alternate option is to end on Deku using full cowl in front of the class, which would be pretty hype too

cntr

Banned
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/07/my-hero-academia-manga-author-to-make-first-public-appearance-at-jump-festa-2017

It will be Horikoshi's first public appearance in a stage event. When he appeared on a TV interview for the first time in January 2016, he wore a gas mask and refused to show his face through the whole interview for some reason. But he is expected to appear on the stage without the mask. He posted his comment for the event, "I have thought this is a kind of job I don't need to appear before public. But I have decided (to join) because I received advice from great people that I should. I will try not to bother the voice actors."

Top Bottom