• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Old man narrator Deku always makes me think something sinister is about to happen.

Not sure if it is because of the translation, but I was worried his inner monologue at the beginning was making it sound like he has a regret from this event in the future.

Cerium

Not sure if it is because of the translation, but I was worried his inner monologue at the beginning was making it sound like he has a regret from this event in the future.
To me the clear implication is that Bakugou is about to get seriously hurt. Midoriya mentions how he underestimated his own strength and lost some of his control.

TheFlow

Banned
OMG just read the chapter. this is so sad. Baku is going to be injured pretty damn seriously. For anyone didn't quite realize Baku was guarding with both his arms..holy shit. early retirement.

edit: sorry for the double post. got way to excited. sorry guys again

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Realistically that hit if it contacts will break both arms if not just straight up kill whoever it hits. But we are dealing with comic book rules as we discussed last week lol.

Aizawa could always stop it.

Who knows.

TheFlow

Banned
Realistically that hit if it contacts will break both arms if not just straight up kill whoever it hits. But we are dealing with comic book rules as we discussed last week lol.

Who knows.

bruh. I pray Aizawa or someone makes it in time but I doubt it. Baku is going to be put of comission for a bit.

SoulUnison

Banned

Who knows.

These characters are weirdly tough, though.
Aren't those Grenade Gauntlets on Baku's arms solid metal?
He backhanded Deku across the face out of nowhere with one of them once and Deku looked way more emotionally hurt than physically.

Veelk

Banned
It's not like bakugou doesn't deserve what's coming to him.

I mean....he was literally asking for it. It would have happened eventually. If not Midoriya, than someone who had enough of his shit, and they wouldn't have been their friend afterwards either.

Cerium

Hope Horikoshi goes through with it and the consequences are serious.

I have faith though, he has solid storytelling chops.

The thing is he did this kind of tease with the Stain arc as well, hinting that Iida would suffer some kind of terrible consequence. In the end it was no big deal.

Maybe Bakugou spends some time in the hospital after getting the ass beating he probably wanted on some level (this is all about purging his guilt after all) and maybe Midoriya faces some kind of punishment for it.

cntr

Banned
Yeah we're getting one more chapter, and then a two week end-of-year break.

Edit: And I'm on the side of "Bakugou wasn't seriously hurt". That's reading too much into it.

But the fact that we had future Deku narrating this kinda feels ominous, as it's been already pointed out.

And the usual site announced there's no jump next week.

cntr

Banned
idk, man, I'm not sure if it's supposed to feel ominous? for all we know, that's a mistranslation, and actually a lead-in to having a balanced fight next chapter

And the break's next week? huh.

SalvaPot

Bakugou can easily sponge some of the damage with a explosion of his own, also its pretty clear the kids are tough and just getting tougher.

I still expect baku to win this battle, but I do believe they are both going to be injured somewhat, but if that happens the consequences could be really severe, they'll have to hide it somehow.

Or we get a Detention arc, lol.

Meffer

tumblr_oguiv3tnM01s9p214o1_1280.jpg

cntr

Banned
Also, Bakugou being seriously injured doesn't make sense. Deku turned his arm into jelly punching that robot, but Recovery Girl fixed him up before the day even ended. Bakugou getting injured would end the fight but it ain't gonna hospitalize him.

if that happens the consequences could be really severe, they'll have to hide it somehow.
Zero chance Aizawa and the Mystery Person aren't already waiting for them outside.

Veelk

Banned
I think you guys overstating the physical consequences of this battle. Sure, he'll be injured, but if he's taken out of commission, it won't be for long.

The consequences I expect will be that his relationship with Midoriya will take a drastic turn and he will possibly face severe disciplinary charges.

I do honestly wonder where he is going to end up though. His life at UA keeps getting worse. He has such high ambitions as a hero that I'd don't think he's liable to turn villain any more now than he did then, but I do think something is going wrong for him here.....

OH GUYS, WAIT

Of all the students there, other than the already present traitor, Bakugou is the only one who'd the villains believe to turn to villainy. I would totally buy that the outcome of this might set up a pretense for Bakugou going to the villains side as a mole.

Cerium

I still think he belongs with Endeavor. They're too perfect a match. Endeavor will teach him to get over his guilt by purging him of such weak emotions.

Nah, I honestly see this much more as either the start or a big turning point of him not becoming a better person but not wasting his time being angry at Deku or Todoroki and instead focusing on himself. So he'll still be a shitdick but he won't be aggressive about it or or antagonize people anymore. He'll just get really focused or come to terms with him being a butt.

So I'm not expecting a huge character change but I am expecting the start of his asshole decline.

I'll also mention that I loved this chapter just for showing that once again Bakugou is a REALLY smart dude when it comes to fighting. You think he's just a brash asshole but he knows what he's doing completely in a fight.

Top Bottom