• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

TheFlow

Banned
Hey, no shame! There is a section of every fandom that overthinks everything all the time and that happens to be their mode of fun. Just check out any DeathBattle vid, sometimes its fun to think about the science and limits of this kind of stuff.

you know what fair enough. least we don't obsess over pudding here
OP joke

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I suspect that if you had a version of a phasing quirk that didn't have safeguards like Mirio's, you...probably wouldn't survive childhood.

When it first activated I'm sure he just dropped down into the earth, he probably had no idea what was happening and had no way of turning it off and just fell and fell until he passed out from lack of oxygen, which turned off the quirk and launched him back upwards. The fact that it didn't launch him into the stratosphere means he must not maintain momentum after being rejected by same-space mass, he's moved quickly but then just stops instantly in space once he no longer overlaps. They saw him "teleport" after all, not "leap out of the earth." Which is pretty weird but hey.

cntr

Banned
Quirks are pretty consistent if you figure out the set of internal rules that each one works on. Like well, if we're going to really, really nerd out, the rules of Ochako's quirk are:

0. an object is "something you'd call an object in normal life". I shouldn't need to define this out but people go "what if she removed the gravity of the earth" so might as well get it out of the way
1. Ochako's quirk activates when she touches the pads on five fingers to an object
2. it makes her motion sick, creating a weight limit, but that weight limit can be trained away
3. anything under the effects of zero gravity stops falling towards the ground
4. anything under the effects of zero gravity can be picked up, thrown, or moved effortlessly
5. but they still affect other objects as if they have weight, especially in collisions

If you tried to work this out in terms of inertia and mass, it's gonna be an elaborate mess. But you don't need to. They're consistent, and if there's a weird situation (what happens in space?), you can bend the rules or make new ones to fill it out. Quirk users don't automatically know what their full power is, and since Ochako's never been to space, she wouldn't either.

cntr

Banned
oh right, um

dOYbSJN.jpg
here

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
hope they invade the school one day so I can see all the older students rekting

I'm just hoping we get some more cunning or powerful villains that aren't just braindead Nomu's. Their designs are often cool but most feel like elaborate punching bags for the heroes and students at this point. Perhaps this meeting at the end of the current chapter is leading to something more interesting for them.

Meffer

I'm just hoping we get some more cunning or powerful villains that aren't just braindead Nomu's. Their designs are often cool but most feel like elaborate punching bags for the heroes and students at this point. Perhaps this meeting at the end of the current chapter is leading to something more interesting for them.

What makes Nomus so sad is that they're actually people they captured and forced a bunch of quirks in them. Mutated to the point they're pretty much brain dead.

cntr

Banned
Remember the winged Noumu that tried to grab Deku and was killed by Stain? That was the winged guy from Chapter 1, when Deku and Bakugou were kids.

Nightbird

Remember the winged Noumu that tried to grab Deku and was killed by Stain? That was the winged guy from Chapter 1, when Deku and Bakugou were kids.

No...
Nooooo.....
You're shitting me right?
Fuck, i need to check that for myself. I can't believe this!

Edit: Dude, you scared me for a sec, the wings are different. The winged kid from chapter 1 has those horn-like things on his wings that the winged nomu's wings are missing.

Doesn't seem to be the same guy

Nightbird

Well now my edit looks stupid.

And wow, this is something i did not expect. that's basically dekus childhood "friend" being killed right in front of his eyes...

thats dark...

cntr

Banned
If you think about it, that also implies that the Noumu have enough of their original mind left that the winged guy can recognize Deku

Nightbird

If you think about it, that also implies that the Noumu have enough of their original mind left that the winged guy can recognize Deku

Oh my God, what if that Nomu wasn't going to hurt Deku, and just abducted him because he wanted to be close to someone he recognizes?

I'm kinda losing my mind on how that little bit of information completely changes that scene.

I want more moments like this in the future of this series!

Veelk

Banned
He got fucked up there too. He lost his eye, then Stain took his dagger, stabbed his brain, then ripped out of, tearing a huge hole in his brain.

HStallion

I'm guessing Nomu's are done with All For One to transfer new quirks to the hosts. Though I suppose there could still be some stored somewhere besides the destroyed bases and hide outs of the villains.

Meffer

I'm guessing Nomu's are done with All For One to transfer new quirks to the hosts. Though I suppose there could still be some stored somewhere besides the destroyed bases and hide outs of the villains.

Considering his influence, he has to have more.

HStallion

Considering his influence, he has to have more.

I'm sure there are some still out there but I'm guessing part of this upcoming meeting is to continue to bolster the ranks of the Villains Association since it seems they tend to lose members even faster than they get them.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Shigaraki's going to be allying with gangs like the plague doctors, so he's not going to need many more Noumu by the time he gets All for One.

They're sticking around either way, though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No...
Nooooo.....
You're shitting me right?
Fuck, i need to check that for myself. I can't believe this!

Edit: Dude, you scared me for a sec, the wings are different. The winged kid from chapter 1 has those horn-like things on his wings that the winged nomu's wings are missing.

Doesn't seem to be the same guy

It's pretty much the same guy. Horikoshi pretty much pointed it out between chapters in a volume release.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The first season stopped before the Sports Festival, AKA where the series got good.

cntr

Banned
The double punch of Bakugou vs. Ochako and Todoroki vs. Deku is what made me go from "this series has potential" to "this shit's gonna be lit"

So much hype.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bah! You people and your anime. Why watch a manga at a slower pace to someone else's music when you can just blaze through the Baku rescue arc in half an hour and end on All Might punching the shit out of All for One to the tune of X gon give it to ya

Bah! You people and your anime. Why watch a manga at a slower pace to someone else's music when you can just blaze through the Baku rescue arc in half an hour and end on All Might punching the shit out of All for One to the tune of X gon give it to ya

You might be sarcastic, but the only reason I didn't post this first and sincerely is cause I'm at work and on mobile.

#downwithanime

cntr

Banned
Yeah uh, I usually skip the anime versions of manga unless they're like, really well animated, as part of a group watch, airing on Toonami (which is the same thing, really), or Jojo unique. I'm really not sure why I'm watching the MHA anime, but hey.
Totally unrelated, but this is still the version of X Gon Give It to Ya I hear in my head

Top Bottom