• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Heroes wouldn't use guns because they're meant to be public symbols, and using guns would run counter to that. Snipe might be able to get away with it by...being a cowboy.

But I don't think Shigaraki or Overhaul would care, and it'd be a cheap way to let people with bad combat quirks fight. There aren't enough people who can defend or resist bullets, and it'd suit the tone the villain side of the story has. Plus, it'd be refreshing to have a battle shounen where guns are serious threats, right?

They got lucky with the gas kid in the forest, but they can't be lucky forever.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Snipe can actually target individual limbs, something most citizens and even heroes can't do.

He's literally the mythological guy in a shooting thread that people mention when they say "Why didn't he just shoot his hand".

cntr

Banned
I think Horikoshi did that so you know guns exist and then think "oh they won't be a thing" and then bang someone gets shot for real

caliph95

Spoilers:
Title is "Stop it now!"
Until Nighteye knows Eri's location everyone has to be on stand-by
The students aren't allowed to tell anyone else about the mission
Deku regrets that he couldn't save Eri at that time
At the night they all receive the date for the mission from Nighteye
The villain complains that he doesn't know what a 10 year old girl likes
Nighteye interupts him, pretending to also like these toys, so that he can look into the villain's future
Everyone is geared up and ready to go
Overhaul: "So you have come..."

woopWOOP

thehell.png

something about this panel just cracks me up

Veelk

Banned
I feel like Horikoshi's sickness is really affecting his work here. So many pure dialogue boxes with no art in them. But once the ball gets rolling on the main threat, the action should pick up.

In other news, Nejire's sleepy hair is adorbs.

caliph95

Is Nighteye's appearance well known? I'm thinking the guy would've been suspicious to see him there on the store. And knowing his quirk...
Nighteye is not a physical hero and seems to spend his time coordinating heroes and sidekick and providing information, so more than likely he doesn't go out in the public often plus he looks like he can blend in easily in public at least in the mha world since he doesn't wear a costume or at least a typical one
if Horikoshi made a magical girl series, I bet it would be as intense as MHA is now
Just realise how much his faces look the same though that seems to be a manga thing

Magical girl Kendo

Veelk

Banned
This isn't related to anything and it's not like I'm super familiar with the genre, but there's a pretty interesting Magical Girl Webcomic that just started that seems pretty decent. Shattered Starlight. It's premise is a deconstruction of the genre, basically "What if magical girls grew up". It's not too far into it's story yet, but the art is cool and it seems interesting and it's not super popular so I'm using this as a flimsy excuse to plug it.

caliph95

This isn't related to anything and it's not like I'm super familiar with the genre, but there's a pretty interesting Magical Girl Webcomic that just started that seems pretty decent. Shattered Starlight. It's premise is a deconstruction of the genre, basically "What if magical girls grew up". It's not too far into it's story yet, but the art is cool and it seems interesting and it's not super popular so I'm using this as a flimsy excuse to plug it.
thanks Veeik

for a more light hearted one there is Star Vs the Forces of Evil

Bowl0l

I feel like Horikoshi's sickness is really affecting his work here. So many pure dialogue boxes with no art in them. But once the ball gets rolling on the main threat, the action should pick up.

In other news, Nejire's sleepy hair is adorbs.
Did anyone find out Horikoshi's illness?

cntr

Banned
we haven't gotten much details, but he had to be suddenly hospitalized one week, and that's why one of the chapters had unfinished art

Philippo

HYPE!

And yeah, Nejire keeps being too adorable.

I'll check it out, Veelk. Sounds cool.

also to avoid being off-topic, some more of Horikoshi's fanart:

that punk-ass hatsune miku, yo

That Hatsune Miku is probably like, Future Jirou or something.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Iida is a good friend and Todobroski is a good wife.

OMG at Nejire's scarf hair <3

I need a colorized version of that last big panel.

The response at the end by Chisaki is definitely a red herring, he's actually talking to Shigaraki probably.

Puruzi

Banned
Heartcatch Precure is fucking god tier. The animation and those fights and Cure Marine

Absolutely best.

He didn't draw Heartcatch though, that's Happiness Charge.

cntr

Banned
also I thought that NIghteye talking about there being three locations to investigate meant that they were going to split up into three groups, but guess not. It's good, I like it better this way.

I guess the other two locations are being set up for later?

Lunar15

This arc is kind of weird. I like that each chapter continues to show the growth of our characters, but the focus on meetings has been a little odd. I guess it's to highlight the difference between All Might and Sir Nighteye. All Might would have gone in immediately to save them, but Nighteye uses an extremely tactical approach to ensure there are no mistakes.

I would not be surprised if the leader of the 8 Precepts is even more thorough than Nighteye and has been planning everything from the start (including the heroes finding the girl and Nighteye seeing the gangster in the toy shop). It'd be a good twist that you really can't predict everything and you have to go with your gut. That'd tie into the whole "can we really predict All Might's future" storyline that's the background to this whole arc.

Genuinely loved the call back to when Deku helped both Iida and Todoroki, I really felt sad that he couldn't talk with them!

Ascheroth

right, looks like I'm watching this show sometime soon
I appreciate your appreciation of good soundtracks!

To talk something about the chapter, I'm looking forward to the volume version and I wish Horikoshi would take a couple weeks off if he's sick. We'll survive!

Liked the bro scene during lunch. And Nejires design is so good.

Top Bottom