• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash "indie" sale is live

RiZ III

Picked up Dust, Rogue Legacy, and Unfinished Swan. All games I've wanted to play for a while. The prices in this sale are crazy.

Crumbtiny

Picked up Bastion, Hands of Hate, and Skullgirls.

I played Bastion when it released on XBLA but it'll be fun to run through again, not to mention have on Vita. I'm terrible at fighting games but Skullgirls' animation looks so slick I don't mind supporting the devs. Also read it's a good primer for fighting game newbs. But Hands of Fate has sucked me in. The mix of DnD, deck building, and Batman combat is surprisingly fun, not to mention the ambience. No technical issues with it yet and who knows how it'll hold up after my initial few hours, but not a bad haul for less than 20 simoleons.

kng3025

Picked up Bastion, Hands of Hate, and Skullgirls.

I played Bastion when it released on XBLA but it'll be fun to run through again, not to mention have on Vita. I'm terrible at fighting games but Skullgirls' animation looks so slick I don't mind supporting the devs. Also read it's a good primer for fighting game newbs. But Hands of Fate has sucked me in. The mix of DnD, deck building, and Batman combat is surprisingly fun, not to mention the ambience. No technical issues with it yet and who knows how it'll hold up after my initial few hours, but not a bad haul for less than 20 simoleons.

Having just beat bastion on vita recently, I can only say that you're in for a treat. Game runs really well. My first time Playing the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Is skullgirls supposed to be coming out on Vita, does anyone know? Thought I read that there was a Vita version in the works or something.

netguy503

I can confirm that you can use multiple PS4 20% codes as long as they are not the same ones even though you were only supposed to be able to use one per system after the latest firmware update. I just saved $18 on top of the flash deal savings off a $3 code at gamedealdaily. Oh based firmware update, please never leave us.

Link to gamedealdaily page:

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-20-off-discount-code/

YOU MUST ENTER THESE CODES ON A PS4 (THUS YOU CAN ONLY USE THEM ON PS4 GAMES)! THEY WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OTHER STORE FRONT!

Might grab SkullGirls....again. Will be the third version I own haha. Could always use more fighters on my PS4 and I have been wanting to revisit the game again since I liked it so much.

Gonna grab Eiyuu Senki, that's a price point I'm much more comfortable with. Would have paid full price for the Vita version but what can you do

kevin1025

Banned
I went with:

Fibbage
Fat Princess Adventures
Costume Quest 2
Three Fourths Home
Heroes of Loot

All for under $20, that's pretty awesome.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Well yet another version of skullgirls for me
I have no issue paying for it again but will be reminded soon how piss poor I am at the game.

I've been back and forth of vanishing of Ethan Carter and divekick also but I keep getting cold feet

Seems like a really good sale but I must remain disciplined! Still have so many freaking games to get through that I bought in December. Got Until Dawn to still finish, Arkham Knight, Dark Souls 2, and still get through FFX/FFX-2 PLUS Uncharted Trilogy. So many games so little time.

Would totally jump all over Organ Trail, Hand of Fate, and Bastion. Maybe I'll be rewarded on PS+ for the patience.

Nameless

Gave myself a ~$20 budget and came away with Don't Starve, Skullgirls, and Vanishing Ethan Carter, three games I've been meaning to try for a while now.

autoduelist

Some great games during this sale, though I own a great number of them.

Can someone sell or unsell me on the following:

hypervoid
hobbit lego
hand of fate
organ trail
cosmophony
bloxiq
2013 infected wars 1.5
big sky
super blackout
squares 2
pure chess
nekoburo cats

anyone? I only want to spend ~$20, and this list is just too big.

Don't have a PS Vita (only bought one for my sister), but I do have a Vita TV (or "PSTV") and was thinking about picking up Steins Gate.

Any other PSTV recommendations?

Let me sell you on Nekoburo

ezmcXhv.jpg

iYsGN40.jpg

BrFfnVU.jpg

The puzzle game is neat. Nothing special, but fun and can actually get quite difficult if you don't learn the mechanics. A steal for $1.60

KevinCow

Banned
Ugh. Just played around with Skullgirls a little bit, and now I wish I hadn't wasted my $10 on it. It's everything I hate in fighting games.

I don't know if it'll be a make or break for you, but Lego Hobbit doesn't even cover the whole story, just the first two movies.

5taquitos

Having a rather odd problem with Hyper Void. I'm playing with headphones connected through the DS4, and the game sound effects only come through the left channel. The really odd thing is that the music and menu sounds play fine through both. The headphones work fine with every other game.

I kinda want to purchase the Vanishing of Ethan Carter but I just know it will be a PS+ title sometime this year.

Quick question Gaf should I pick up Steins Gate or hold out hope for the PS4 port getting a Western release?

I picked up Don't Starve and Fibbage. I already own a good number of the other games from previous sales and PS+.

Everyone get Sound Shapes! It's an amazing little game.
And then try out my levels. :p

Any good games for two players?

My girl and I like Mario Kart so is Beach Buggy Racing any fun?

EDIT: Oh and what would you guys recomend, Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, Brothers; a tale of two sons or Everbody gone to the Rapture?

Can someone sell or unsell me on the following:

hypervoid
hobbit lego
hand of fate
organ trail
cosmophony
bloxiq
2013 infected wars 1.5
big sky
super blackout
squares 2
pure chess
nekoburo cats

I looooove Big Sky Infinity. Was one of the games I liked most in the early Vita months, I refuse to delete it and still play it every now and then. It's got a simple look but the procedurally generated roguelite shmup with R-stick aiming, upgrades and tons of different modes = addictive gameplay. Music is decent and the "narrator" doesn't annoy me. If you like old arcade games, you can probably dig it like I do.

Organ Trail is my new favorite game. I played it all evening yesterday, and then again way too long into the AM hours. It's Oregon Trail-stalgia and really captures it... but it feels a lot funnier (probably because I keep giving my team hilarious names) and cooler thanks to some awesome music, the post-apocalyptic zombie survival take on it, and an FTL-esque node-movement system. It looks as good as it should imo and the intentionally odd controls in some of the resource gathering games work for me... but they may be a turn off for you.

Pure Chess is a great looking chess game, totally competent in every way and cool to have on your Vita if you like passing the time with chess against AI... but be aware that there's no online play. There's a highly unusual play-by-mail thing (through PSN messages) that I've never successfully completed a game with. Just depends entirely on if you like chess a lot and really want a chess game on your Vita.

Stopdoor

These games have offline 4 player mode right?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...cing/cid=UP2070-PCSE00323_00-TABLETOPRACING01
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ita)/cid=UP2119-PCSE00422_00-00CELDAMAGEHDPSV

For PS4 I mean. Thinking of getting both unless one of them is better than the other. Offer your suggestions please GAF :X

I haven't played them, but I was looking at that Cel Damage HD one and it just looks a bit too janky, could be fun though. I already have Twisted Metal PS3 so it's kind of redundant for me.

But I just heard about Badlands literally right before it went on sale, looking at trailers the local 4 player mode looks super entertaining. I'll probably pick it up today, hopefully I'm not wrong.

Grabbed Hand of Fate and it's way more interesting than I was expecting, primarily due to the responses the deck dealer says. It takes me back to when I use to play D&D.

Mega Coin Squad is alright but the presentation is good.

Top Bottom