• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash "indie" sale is live

bender

What time is it?
Played a little bit of Golf Club and am reminded of how much I hate analog swing mechanics. Minna No Golf can't release soon enough.

pa6uMrv.jpg

Aces of the Luftwaffe PS4 - This is bad claustrophobic version of 1942. I am pretty sure this is a phone port. Lots of grinding to progress. Nope.

ctHlqTK.jpg

Beach Buggy Racing PS4 - This is an ok racer and much better than Super Toy Cars. Nice art and runs well. Not the most exciting game but good quality.

WwyLPrP.jpg

Riptide GP2 PS4 - Acrade racer that is surprisingly good. Looks kinda amazing for a game that is ported from a phone/tablets. Not the most deepest game but a lot of fun.

Steins;Gate on sale. Damn nice.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is also and interesting one though I know little about it what I've heard is interesting.

Tarrin

I picked up Riptide GP2. I love it so far. Reminds me of Jet Moto.

Also picked up Hands of Fate. Six bucks? I'm in.

Lt.Chips

I know I already dropped about $30 just for this flash sale, but I'm hoping for another $1 flash sale like March last year. Hopefully games like Dead Nation goes <$1 again in a couple of months!

DirtyLarry

I have never played Limbo before, would it be worth playing through once?
Absolutely. One of my favorite games the year of 2010. AAA or Indy.

So do we think "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" is coming to Plus in the future?
I am just torn on whether I am going to love it or hate it.

Played a little bit of Golf Club and am reminded of how much I hate analog swing mechanics.

I'll be interested to read impressions from those who pick up The Golf Club from this sale. It's an OK golf game but it has its problems, with poor performance chief among them. I'm not even a frame rate nazi and I find it annoying.

Had Stein;s Gate for months, pick it up, peeps :p

Also, how does The Vanishing of Ethan Carter compare to Everyone's gone to the rapture?

How's the gameplay in Steins;Gate? Are there any adventure aspects or dialogue choices in it?

Nope. You basically read text that is also voiced out. The only gameplay is that you'll have to pull out your phone to do some stuff (nothing puzzley) and you can choose to respond to some text messages or ignore them. Still, I recommend it. The story is so good.

Shenmue

Banned
Yup same here, wasnt sure if id already gotten it with PS+ or whatever, but i went ahead and "purchased" it anyway

Was strange too because Dont Starve PS4 had a price, even though i got that free with plus, and the other versions were listed as free, even though id already "purchased" them through cross buy

Hmmm apparently Teslagrad for all 3 platforms was already given away on PS+. For some reason on the PC browser it shows that I didn't have the PS3 and PS4 version, but the vita version was listed as free.

However, on the mobile browser, it showed that all 3 versions were "Purchased". WTF is going on??

I'm going to go an check all the PS+ games now and make sure PSN shows that I have them purchased.

bender

What time is it?
I'll be interested to read impressions from those who pick up The Golf Club from this sale. It's an OK golf game but it has its problems, with poor performance chief among them. I'm not even a frame rate nazi and I find it annoying.

Seems like a lot of screen tearing too. Otherwise, it seems to play a solid game of golf, I just suck with analog swings. I always veer right and can never figure out why I get 100% out of a wing or why I get 80%. I'm just really inconsistent. I do wish they had visual indicators for where your ball would pre-swing but that seems like something easily worked around by looking at the distance indicators on the overhead view.

i-Jest

Velocity 2x has finally gone on sale? THis is what, the 2nd or 3rd time since release? Now This is a price I would buy it for.

I do wish they had visual indicators for where your ball would pre-swing but that seems like something easily worked around by looking at the distance indicators on the overhead view.

TGC is more realistic and "simmy" than Tiger Woods. It's also a lot harder, especially putting, but you can get used to it with practice. Personally, I enjoy playing the more arcadey Rory McIroy, despite all the shit it gets. That game also has its own problems but it looks, performs, and (IMO) plays better than TGC. It also supports a 3-click swing method which I prefer. I'll probably play both until the new Hot Shots comes out.

Anyone know if Teslagrad is any good?

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I love Terraria. Have had it on PC for years and have sunk a lot of hours into it. Picked it up on this flash sale on PS4 and my God these controls.....

I honestly think they might be bad enough for me never to turn it on again. SImple things like opening a chest, taking items out of the chest to put them in my inventory is a damn chore with these controls and this UI.

Oh well. I might give it another go sometime. Terraria is a great game, and I highly recommend it to those that don't have it on PC.

Harusame

I will most likely end up getting Steins Gate for the Vita, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the Steam version...

ElNino

Even so, it's been my most played game of the gen by far... perf and bugs and all. It is the best golf game to come around for years, and might be for a long time.

Anyone know if Teslagrad is any good?

It's great. Beautiful animation, art style that's reminiscent of Tin Tin, tight controls, cool mechanics involving magnetic polarity, and some great boss designs. Puzzle platformer with an interconnected world and has a good amount of secrets. Also crossbuy.

Seems like a lot of screen tearing too. Otherwise, it seems to play a solid game of golf, I just suck with analog swings. I always veer right and can never figure out why I get 100% out of a wing or why I get 80%. I'm just really inconsistent. I do wish they had visual indicators for where your ball would pre-swing but that seems like something easily worked around by looking at the distance indicators on the overhead view.
Whoahohohoho. I haven't picked it up yet but I was thinking about it. This interests me, and not in a good way.

Jeels

Any impressions on Fat Princess Adventures. At $10 off its in the price range I felt like it should have been in...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony website is doing that annoying thing where it won't recognize my card anymore. Guess I got to get points.

Top Bottom