• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault |OT| A Disgusting Journey

Effect

Hmm. I just noticed Nano Assault isn't listed in the eShop. A lot of other retail games are listed with information, video, and ratings. Maybe I'm overlooking it but has anyone found it in the eShop?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmm. I just noticed Nano Assault isn't listed in the eShop. A lot of other retail games are listed with information, video, and ratings. Maybe I'm overlooking it but has anyone found it in the eShop?

Nope, it's not there. Which is odd because it's one of the few 3ds 3rd party games that are eligible for coins at club.nintendo.

Yeah. I've noticed that there are some games that don't show in the eShop at all. So far, at least out of what I can remember, both this and the 3DS version of Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (which is pretty odd, because I believe the 3DS versions of both Lego Star Wars III and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean are in the eShop) aren't in the eShop for some reason.

Also, it seems the MSRP for this game has already dropped to $20 from what I can tell--Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy all have it listed for that price on their websites for that price. I'm guessing that's likely due to low sales (unfortunate, but not unexpected), but it would be good to see more games available that hover around that price. In any case though, it's definitely a fantastic game for that price, so hopefully it will get more people to try it out.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
While I was browsing a record store for some last time Christmas Gift, I found this.

So far, I have just one complaint, why I can't change Y-axis to inverted mode? I lost several life in the first-shmup like stages trying to adjust to the non inverted controls. Almost gave up :(.

While I was browsing a record store for some last time Christmas Gift, I found this.

So far, I have just one complaint, why I can't change Y-axis to inverted mode? I lost several life in the first-shmup like stages trying to adjust to the non inverted controls. Almost gave up :(.

Thought you could in the pause screen on those stages...

Got the game for Christmas, and it is really good, but then I got the crash that a number of people are talking about D:

Perhaps it is from entering leaderboards on the second save file? I dunno, but I hear that when the glitch happens, it freezes every time the autosave tries to kick in. I would like to get back to the Arcade Mode, but I'm afraid of going online with it now.

watershed

Banned
Got this game for Christmas, played a few levels so far. Thank god for the self-adjusting difficulty, I've died like 5 times already. Also most unfortunately I am getting ridiculous ghosting from the 3d no matter where I set the slider :(

NEO0MJ

Just finished story mode. Fun, but a bit too short. Finished it less than three hours.
So, does the game freeze randomly at arcade mode or only when we upload scores? I was avoiding it because of that problem.

Got this game for Christmas, played a few levels so far. Thank god for the self-adjusting difficulty, I've died like 5 times already. Also most unfortunately I am getting ridiculous ghosting from the 3d no matter where I set the slider :(

The 3D was all over the place in this game for me honestly. Some levels worked extremely well, while others I had to turn it completely off due to ghosting. Shit was bonkers man. One level in particular had me actually focusing on the doubled ship instead of the main one lol

Got this game for Christmas, played a few levels so far.

Same here, just got the end of the second series of levels.

Having fun with the game, and so far have thankfully avoided the lock up bug. I only played the first level in arcade mode and successfully uploaded my score. Saw Ace Bandage on the leaderboard. I forgot to change my system name to the same as my Mii name before uploading, but now I'm afraid to change it and have the game freak out, but if anyone sees Lane on the leaderboards, that's me.

Digging the game so far - I haven't really noticed too much ghosting problems, but I have the 3d on really low, so it might not be as noticeable. Wish I could invert the controls during the on-rails sections, and I frequently die from bullets I could not see because my ship was in front of them. Maybe increasing the 3D would help with this, but I wish it were easier to see some of the enemy fire (especially those green lasers).

The other sections of the game are great and I can't wait to spend more time in Arcade mode to try and rank up some combos, although the combo bar goes down so quickly. How many sets of levels are there?

Celine

Take it with a pinch of salt but Nano Assault should be available in Italy ( and so in Europe ) on March 16th.
Publisher seems to be italian 505 Games.

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B006PHY1G6/

EDIT:
From what I've read 505 Games had struck a deal last November with Majesco to publish 13 games in Europe (Zumba Fitness 2,Hulk Hogan's Main Event, Twister Mania, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked ...) so Nano Assault was probably part of the deal.

Also Zumba 1 sold more than 1.5M units in Europe.

The other sections of the game are great and I can't wait to spend more time in Arcade mode to try and rank up some combos, although the combo bar goes down so quickly. How many sets of levels are there?
There should be 7 clusters ( in total 32 levels).

EDIT2:
Two new reviews from NWR and GameFan:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/28817
http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/12/29/review-nano-assault-nintendo-3ds/

Yuterald

Any word yet on an update/patch for the leaderboards. Got the game for xmas and unfortunately as soon as I uploaded my scores the game crashed and corrupted my save file. I erased it started fresh, but it's kind of bothering me to the point that I don't want to play it. =(

Glix

This is THE showoff piece for the 3DS now.

MANY were impressed with the incredible texturework and use of 3D throughout my holidays.

(I detest that my fam and the people I surround myself with can't realize how impressive Switch Force is though)

So I usually dont go for games like this, but it looks really fun, so im gonna try to hun it down. I just wish there was more coverage to do research from.

Take it with a pinch of salt but Nano Assault should be available in Italy ( and so in Europe ) on March 16th.
Publisher seems to be italian 505 Games.

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B006PHY1G6/

EDIT:
From what I've read 505 Games had struck a deal last November with Majesco to publish 13 games in Europe (Zumba Fitness 2,Hulk Hogan's Main Event, Twister Mania, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked ...) so Nano Assault was probably part of the deal.

Also Zumba 1 sold more than 1.5M units in Europe.

There should be 7 clusters ( in total 32 levels).

EDIT2:
Two new reviews from NWR and GameFan:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/28817
http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/12/29/review-nano-assault-nintendo-3ds/
Added! Thanks!

Just beat the story mode. Awesome game. Hope they do end up making a sequel to it, as I had fun playing through it and would love to see more of it.

Also, on a bit of a side note, I unlocked all of the songs in the Jukebox, and was a bit saddened to note that the Shop theme itself, which is one of my favorites in the game, doesn't seem to be anywhere to be seen in it. Ah well; doesn't really matter I suppose. I was also kind of hoping that the Nanopedia would have a brief description of each enemy, but it's pretty much just their models and their point-value for arcade mode, which was a bit disappointing, though I did like how you could rotate the view, albeit only to a limited degree, using the gyro controls.

In any case though, yeah, definitely enjoyed it and looking forward to what Shin'en does with this in the future. Hope they keep stuff like the adaptive difficulty and the method of unlocking additional ships if they do end up making a sequel, as both of those worked out great for me.

Just got an email from Majesco about the freeze problem:

I was recently contacted by Shin’en about an issue you had with Nano Assault. If you still have the game card with the save causing the game to crash, would it be possible to send it to us for a replacement? We are working with Nintendo to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible through an update but have not seen this issue here at Majesco or at Shin’en. If possible, please send to:

<address>

We appreciate your help in trying to get this issue resolved.

I'll send it in as soon as I can and hopefully they'll be able to experience the problem...and hopefully the replacement won't have the issue either! I'd hate it if it's some weird combo with the game and specific launch models of 3DS or something...

Sounds good. Hopefully they will be able to figure out whatever's causing the problem and be able to fix it up. I want to check out the leaderboards and stuff in Arcade Mode myself, but am too scared to take that risk while that problem's still there, so yeah, hopefully that will lead to them being able to fix whatever's causing it.

This self-adjusting difficulty is doing nothing for me, I keep dying every time I play.
If that's not doing it for you, then you can also go back to one of the missions where you're just collecting DNA pieces that you can beat without too much trouble. When you beat enemies, they often drop little blue objects (though these disappear after a few seconds, so you have to be quick about picking them up). For every 100 of these you collect (there's a counter in the top left corner of the touch screen), you earn an extra ship, up to what seems to be a maximum of 9 (once I got to 9 lives, the drops seem to have stopped appearing, so I'm assuming that's the max). So if you're really having difficulty with the game, just keep replaying the missions you have until you earn an extra life or two, and that should go a long way towards making the game easier (it definitely did for me once I figured out how to actually get more and bothered to add a few more).

Actually could be earlier, I'm enquiring the publisher ( for that and the fatal "bug" ).
Will let know when they respond me (after the holidays).
Oh, thanks. Would be nice to get it earlier, although with the eshop and the ambassador games I'm developing a backlog on 3DS already.

Celine

Speaking of which, Nano Assault is in the Nintendo Power Award selection for best 3DS graphics.
From what I've seen should be the winner if there is justice in the world (and I don't think it will).
You can vote here:
http://nintendopower.com/npawards

Also Shin'en FAST is in the racing category (but there MK7 is the clear winner).

M3d10n

I want to buy This game buT I need a shop that Export To Brazil, Anyone kwon where I can Buy?

I use eStarland. Bought several games from them, never had a problem. Two tips:

- Shipping cost per game is lower if you buy 4 games at once instead of only one or two.
- The priority shipping w/ tracking is expensive, but you'll have your games in three weeks tops (often two weeks).
- Pay using paypal: if you use a credit card they'll make you go through a lengthy process to validate it.

BDGAME

I use eStarland. Bought several games from them, never had a problem. Two tips:

- Shipping cost per game is lower if you buy 4 games at once instead of only one or two.
- The priority shipping w/ tracking is expensive, but you'll have your games in three weeks tops (often two weeks).
- Pay using paypal: if you use a credit card they'll make you go through a lengthy process to validate it.

Thanks.

I try to buy from amazom, but they try to charge 120 dolars to send-me a game that cost 20 dolars. Lets see this eStarland now.

Kuramu

Anyone who rolls their eyes and calls Stereo 3D a gimmick should be directed to this game. Judging bullet location relative to your nanite during long-range mode with/without 3D on is night and day

The 3D works wonderfully in the flight missions, but it also really looks nice in the ground missions.
The production values are top notch all around, really.

The 3D works wonderfully in the flight missions, but it also really looks nice in the ground missions.
The production values are top notch all around, really.
You know I really worry for the day with Shi'ren get a decent budget behind them. The thought of them doing something on the level of a AAA title with their production quality could quite possibly be the greatest game ever made.

On the other hand, part of the reason they're able to make these games is because they're basically just 6 guys that do whatever they feel like.
A big budget would mean that they have to answer to someone else.

SmokyDave

On the other hand, part of the reason they're able to make these games is because they're basically just 6 guys that do whatever they feel like.
A big budget would mean that they have to answer to someone else.
I wish they felt like releasing this game in the EU.

Failing that, can we have a 3DS flashcart that removes the damned region lock?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And now you HAVE to buy it XD

Nano Assault, the visually-stunning 3D shoot&#8217;em up game based in a cellular world that tasks players to stop the deadly Nanostray virus from spreading and contaminating all of human civilization, has lowered its price to $19.99! Nano Assault has received rave reviews and now&#8217;s your chance to get a great game with great graphics at a great price!

"Nano Assault offers a combination of goodies with its impressive graphics, pronounced 3D effects, addictive gameplay, pleasing tunes, online leaderboards, boss rush modes and more!&#8221; &#8211; Nintendo Fuse

Nano Assault enables players to shoot their way through 32 twisted cell stages and dark worlds filled with rugged landscapes that adjust in difficulty based upon the player&#8217;s skill level. Take on and defeat extreme nemeses including the Black Nucleus, Hyper Blobs and Spore Plants using powerful beams, energetic bombs and other unlockable assault weapons.

Don&#8217;t miss out on this steal of a deal for a game that GamerLive TV called &#8220;&#8230;a 3DS game that deserves to be a sleeper hit, thanks to its solid shooting mechanics and eye-boggling visuals.&#8221; Developed by Shin&#8217;en Multimedia, Nano Assault is rated E10+ and available in retailers everywhere for $19.99. To watch the trailer or to get more information on the game, please visit www.nanoassaultgame.com.

I know this game's time has come and gone, but just to let you guys know, they're still working on the crashing situation. Since I sent them the card on the 3rd, here's my latest correspondence with Majesco from yesterday:

me said:
Did you receive my cartridge? No rush, I just wanted to confirm that you got it.

Majesco said:
I did receive your cart and send it over to Nintendo. I completely forgot to email you to let you know. I'm really sorry about that. I will definitely try to let you know when we hear something back from them.

me said:
No problem. Did you get a chance to test it and experience the freeze, did it not occur for you, or did you just send it straight over to them? I hope someone at Majesco got to see it happen in person.

Majesco said:
I was able to get the crash in the 3rd save slot (after completing a level in Arcade Mode) 100% of the time. The crash in the second save slot I was only able to get once out of maybe 10 tries. I made sure to send along instructions to Nintendo so hopefully they will see at least one of the crashes.

So I finally got this the other day and I've got to say that it's mindblowing how good this game looks, especially in the on-rails sections and with 3D cranked all the way up.

On the third 'world', by the way and just unlocked the force field thingy.

So I finally got this the other day and I've got to say that it's mindblowing how good this game looks, especially in the on-rails sections and with 3D cranked all the way up.

On the third 'world', by the way and just unlocked the force field thingy.

Ah yeah, that's a good power up.
Though, I still always use the original homing one.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm really looking forward for the European release.
Is March 16th confirmed?
I'm a little upset of the "traffic" European schedule is getting (MGS, Kid Icarus, Inazuma Eleven 2, Bit trip, this and probably also Rhythm Thief...) but I would like to be allowed to chosse among them, without missing titles as sometime happens...
Also, looking at your comments, guys, it seems stunning under a graphic point of view/3d effect, but also worth playing...

Ah yeah, that's a good power up.
Though, I still always use the original homing one.
By the way, AceBandage, I noticed your username on a few of the leaderboards.

I'm not going to bother with any of the score attack challenges as I've never found those to be much fun, but the single life / no secondary weapon challenges are great. What's all this I hear about a bug?

Top Bottom