• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

Could you imagine if Sombra had taken Atlantis' mask and then left? He would have made Del Rio's disappearance look like nothing.

cmpunk00sea.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah, she has a good foundation to build from with the crowd jeering her all the time.

You can't work around X-Pac Heat. The fact that it sounds just like regular heal heat doesn't mean anything.

If I had bought a ticket for Takeover London and knew that Eva Marie was in a showcase match vs Bayley I would definitely consider getting a refund.

Thankfully I don't think they are that stupid and are looking to get Nia to grab some of the radiating heat from the melting down nuclear core of Eva.

I have a ticket for that show
only like the 10th time i've mentioned it, i'm excite
, and I actually don't think I would. The rest of the card would make up for getting to be part of the crowd during a shit show like that. I've never been present for a match truly bombing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All the ex-WWE writers I follow on Twitter have nothing but praise for that Eva segment. I think it's safe to say that only ISEC turds don't appreciate it.

WrassleGAF-UK, anyone going to the Tetsujin Shoot Style Wrestling show in Liverpool?
wpid-fb_img_1441051202556.jpg

Johnny Moss vs. Dave Mastiff
Zack Gibson vs. Jack Gallagher
Dan Moloney vs. Michael Gilbert
Tyler Bate vs. Chris Brookes

Big Daddy Walter vs. Tommy End

Hopefully this shows up on demand somewhere, I'm interested.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can. Bo Dallas had the same kind of reaction in NXT and was able to work with it to his advantage in the end.

Bo Dallas can act.

"Your gimmick sucks and isn't getting over" isn't the same thing as just hating the performer no matter what they do. Eva Marie is going to get booed literally no matter what character she attempts. Because she sucks.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

TNA are PAYING to be on this shit tier no-name channel?

Even for TNA that's impossible to believe. They give away tickets to tapings, their PPVs draw basically nothing, and there aren't any other revenue streams. Without TV money there isn't anything to run the company on and its not like Panda Energy's swimming in cash right now.

Ithil

Bo Dallas can act.

"Your gimmick sucks and isn't getting over" isn't the same thing as just hating the performer no matter what they do. Eva Marie is going to get booed literally no matter what character she attempts. Because she sucks.

Now he can. He was absolutely shit circa 2012-early 2013. Couldn't talk or wrestle, terrible look, but he was superpushed as the babyface anyway, hence why he got completely despised.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What I'm trying to say is that anyone who hates that Eva Marie promo has ties to Gamergate.

DMczaf

Just wait til I debut in GWF with my 1970-80s NWA shooter gimmick.

*single leg takedowns Plywood*

*puts Heel in a 16 minute long chin lock*

Sephzilla

I guess it's nice of Sony to make that decision for you. Sigh...everyone needs EA Access. It's fantastic. Still worth 5 bucks to get ten hours.

Yeah I kind of wish Sony would let EA Access happen on PS4. I'd give it a shot.

Dana Brooke in 6 months has shown more growth than Eva has in 3 years

And has shown more growth than Charlotte has in about 9 months. I still like Charlotte but god damn, Dana Brooke is the real deal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how you cut it, Eva Marie is getting eyeballs on the show. Some people want to see her because of her looks. Some to see her put on a match for different reasons. Some want to hate watch her. Some want to pick her apart to show the Internet they know what's best.

End of the day, people are watching and she's getting massive heat. Wrestling ability isn't important, she has people watching her every move and everyone is biting at their bait, regardless of why you watch.

And let's not fool ourselves. Nobody is walking away from an Eva Marie match, or leaving because she's on. You know damn well you're still watching. And I don't care what you say, because I know what you DO.

Dana Brooke in 6 months has shown more growth than Eva has in 3 years

Its amazing how quickly most of the women in NXT have evolved. So many of them are super green when they show up but at the very least put on solid matches after a few months. You can tell behind the scenes there is a drive to make the women decent workers.

Is it true Eva doesn't train in the performance centre and instead has her own trainer closer to home because "reasons"?

Just wait til I debut in GWF with my 1970-80s NWA shooter gimmick.

*single leg takedowns Plywood*

*puts Heel in a 16 minute long chin lock*

Make sure to put heel in his place

can recall being at a show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in the mid-80s San Francisco, where Bockwinkel was the challenger in an AWA title match against Rick Martel. They were going about 35 minutes so started slow. Bockwinkel held Martel in a long headlock and fans were chanting "Boring." Most wrestlers would have taken that as a cue to get up and do a high spot. Bockwinkel took the opposite approach. He told me that the conductor at the symphony isn't told by the audience what to do. He held Martel in a headlock even longer, and yelled at those who were chanting, saying, "Rick, you're boring your fans."

Sephzilla

No matter how you cut it, Eva Marie is getting eyeballs on the show. Some people want to see her because of her looks. Some to see her put on a match for different reasons. Some want to hate watch her. Some want to pick her apart to show the Internet they know what's best.

End of the day, people are watching and she's getting massive heat. Wrestling ability isn't important, she has people watching her every move and everyone is biting at their bait, regardless of why you watch.

And let's not fool ourselves. Nobody is walking away from an Eva Marie match, or leaving because she's on. You know damn well you're still watching. And I don't care what you say, because I know what you DO.

Sunny, I love ya, but you're walking dangerously close to "Vince Russo justifying David Arquette" logic here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Its amazing how quickly most of the women in NXT have evolved. So many of them are super green when they show up but at the very least put on solid matches after a few months. You can tell behind the scenes there is a drive to make the women decent workers.

Is it true Eva doesn't train in the performance centre and instead has her own trainer closer to home because "reasons"?
She suffers from anxiety attacks. I gotta admit, as someone who has had minor struggles with it in the past, she's incredibly brave and is doing the damn thing.

So on this episode of Raw Crush and Macho Man meet face to face, well Macho Man got into Hogan's ass earlier in the show. I don't think he was joking lol!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Eva Marie so hated anyway?
She's considered a "fraud" - never mind that many people who had no intention of wrestling or aspirations to become a wrestler through childhood have ended up being fantastic WWE Superstars. It's a double standard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because she's legitimately terrible in the ring. She would be the absolute perfect valet for someone (Heel Roman Reigns?) but she shouldn't be in the ring wrestling at all
I don't buy that as being the real reason at all. There's plenty of dogshit wrestlers when it comes to talent. Nobody is getting that kind of vitriol, unless you're a woman. People gave Baron Corbin about a hundredth of the amount of shit Eva gets. Sure, she's not a mastodon, but...

Even for TNA that's impossible to believe. They give away tickets to tapings, their PPVs draw basically nothing, and there aren't any other revenue streams. Without TV money there isn't anything to run the company on and its not like Panda Energy's swimming in cash right now.

They'd make money from ads, which is where the "more potential viewers than DA" thing comes in handy

It also makes it more likely that they just don't make money and are kicked out by 2017. If they get kicked off 3 stations in 3 years, Youtube and Twitch are honestly probably their only options, not even WGN would want to touch that and the fact TNA airs on Pop instead of there now is a big sign they lowballed just because of the "kicked off 2 stations in 2 years" part

Exodust

Banned
Terrible in the ring? Sounds like most divas and a lot of the male wrestlers. Is it because NXT is making strides in women's wrestling but she's getting pushed regardless? That makes sense if true.

Heel

Hopefully WWE harnesses this vitriol by putting the title on Eva, forcing the Full Sailors to address their issues.

Ithil

I don't buy that as being the real reason at all. There's plenty of dogshit wrestlers when it comes to talent. Nobody is getting that kind of vitriol, unless you're a woman. People gave Baron Corbin about a hundredth of the amount of shit Eva gets. Sure, she's not a mastodon, but...

Because Corbin can at least do a match without it looking like a farce. She can't even do a basic three minute match without looking like she's never been in a ring before.

Sephzilla

1) Baron Corbin from his TV debut was able to put on more entertaining matches than Eva Marie

2) Baron Corbin has improved tremendously both in-ring and in-character. Eva has shown almost no signs of improvement in the ring and her character is the most generic CAW shit ever.

3) Eva gets shit because she gets by purely on her looks, and even her amazing looks are nowhere near enough to cover her inadequacies in every other way that makes for a good wrestler.

4) She is legitimately the worst in-ring talent they have on TV right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Eva Marie has been training for literally months, and not 40-hour weeks like Baron Corbin for two years, how is THAT a fair comparison?

I guess it's nice of Sony to make that decision for you. Sigh...everyone needs EA Access. It's fantastic. Still worth 5 bucks to get ten hours.

I'm sure system exclusivity was Sony's fault, yeah. :lol:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also ISEC dorks tend to ignore crossover appeal. Eva Marie has that, hands down. Just dudes seeing her want to tune in. She's gorgeous, and has a very striking look. She may not be your cup of tea but you can't deny the majority of cishet males are interested.

jmdajr

I don't hate her, even though she's just a Robot.

But seriously though, I feel bad because she just doesn't get it. I hope she is more successful with whatever comes after. Or more natural at it I should say.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure system exclusivity was Sony's fault, yeah. :lol:
They came out and said it pal, clearly. It competes with Ps Plus and they made the choice. No bullshit, they made the choice to not offer it. It's coming to PC as well so that's good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Misogyny is the root of both groups. Especially the fear of powerful women.
There's an undercurrent of hate here. Best rinse it off, see it for what it is, and try to move forwards, you know?

Top Bottom