• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

I don't hate her, even though she's just a Robot.

But seriously though, I feel bad because she just doesn't get it. I hope she is more successful with whatever comes after. Or more natural at it I should say.

Yeah, if she was actually showing signs of improvement at all in anything I'd honestly be okay with her. And I was actually rooting for her when I found out she was training with The Brian Kendrick. But since then, she's just shown nothing and it seems like wrestling just doesn't click with her.

Ithil

Terrible in the ring? Sounds like most divas and a lot of the male wrestlers. Is it because NXT is making strides in women's wrestling but she's getting pushed regardless? That makes sense if true.

They don't mean terrible like Roman Reigns terrible, where he's adequate but kinda boring and lacking in versatility in the ring. They mean terrible as in the absolute nadir.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I stand corrected, then.
I can't remember, you have a PC yeah? So you'll find a way! Honestly ten hours of any EA game even after release is a heck of a rental system, and the Vault is a bonus. It's great. Hope Sony reconsiders, EA has been making it even better since launch.

She suffers from anxiety attacks. I gotta admit, as someone who has had minor struggles with it in the past, she's incredibly brave and is doing the damn thing.

Indeed, this was known for some time now.

GItf0qz.gif

sWx3Udh.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
She's been improving, greatly, from where she was.

But since we've seen her wrestle matches from two different NXT tapings, I guess we should see leaps and bounds of improvements between each match. Come on, give the girl at least half a chance.

Ithil

But since we've seen her wrestle matches from two different NXT tapings, I guess we should see leaps and bounds of improvements between each match. Come on, give the girl at least half a chance.

"Greatly"?

Sephzilla

I wouldn't say greatly when she failed to remember to kick out of a 2 count in a squash match she was in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True story, I approached one of the founders of popular online game rental company with the idea of going to Sony and MS with a partnership to rent games, via stream and a paid subscription program, and he LOL'd. The idea was to then have the gamer purchase the digital license directly from either PSN and XBLA if they decided they wanted it.
Man

Mannnnnnnn

At least it wasn't OnLive. I had some friends working there. What a mess.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also ISEC dorks tend to ignore crossover appeal. Eva Marie has that, hands down. Just dudes seeing her want to tune in. She's gorgeous, and has a very striking look. She may not be your cup of tea but you can't deny the majority of cishet males are interested.

You're one of the top posters in a monthly wrestling thread on NeoGAF. Are you not the very definition of ISEC?

Aiii

So not worth it
She went from having shit matches to having shit matches?

Yep, again, totally fair to compare a couple of months of training alongside her actual job of filming the E! show with girls who spent several years training daily under Del Rey.

Also, lets ignore that she's actually getting better because she isn't improving enough in the three weeks between two tapings.

How is this fair? Really, I ask you?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not our fault nor should we as fans expect to know how much time Eva Marie is sinking into actual wrestling training. However she isn't putting all her eggs in one basket, and is working her crossover appeal. If her wrestling talent suffers and she's not as good as others who are putting more time into it, fine. It might not be worth doing as much as her other projects. Her call.

I'd be at that Tetsujin shootsryle show if it was in London, but it isn't :p

I believe the guys running it said it'd be up for VOD/download, so presumably on vimeo.

Ithil

Yep, again, totally fair to compare a couple of months of training alongside her actual job of filming the E! show with girls who spent several years training daily under Del Rey.

Also, lets ignore that she's actually getting better because she isn't improving enough in the three weeks between two tapings.

How is this fair? Really, I ask you?

I don't care about her circumstances, because WWE are insisting she be on TV challenging for the title. They lose the right to go "but be nice, she's a rookie" when they don't treat her like one.
I don't see Baron Corbin or Dana Brooke in the title matches, and she's a lot worse than either of them.

Sephzilla

I would at the very least say that Eva Marie is not at a point where she should be on TV wrestling. She should still be in the performance center for a few more months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People want simple booking. "Everyone loves Bayley." "Well who does everyone hate?" "Eva Marie. Book it, it's simple."

And there's no risk involved. There's a lot of benefits to it. Bayley gets a chance to help hide someone else's weaknesses in developmental, not the main roster, and it will make her better for it. Eva Marie gets to wrestle with one of the best female baby faces on the roster and she will be better for it.

Goddamn it ain't some weird thing.

Sunny is the Devil's Favorite Advocate. Also Eva is shit with no training. Paige is shit and she took bumps in the womb. Charlotte is riding off her father's talentless asd because she probably has no other real world skills.

Eva is way better than Kelly Kelly, who was the former face of the division. All of you willingly admit she is just another pretty face model type who doest care for the business and could get work elsewhere for less effort and more cash. Yet she's still here. Fighting for our admiration.

#FightEvaFight

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't care about her circumstances, because WWE are insisting she be on TV challenging for the title. They lose the right to go "but be nice, she's a rookie" when they don't treat her like one.
I don't see Baron Corbin or Dana Brooke in the title matches, and she's a lot worse than either of them.

She's not on TV, she's on their developmental show, getting a faux title shot on a random episode of the program.

Why? Because she's interesting, evokes a big reaction from the crowd and as Sunny rightfully said, has a name and cross-over appeal. There are more Total Divas viewers than there are WWE Network subscribers, a bunch of which probably don't even watch NXT.

Anth0ny

Eva Marie has that crossover appeal

But why is she on nxt? We've established that wrestling doesn't matter. She draws great heat and could be a huge part of the main divas roster.

Eva Marie and using the dead to put over angles = $$$$$$$

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if Bailey can make Eva Marie look good. But God Bless her if she does.
And it's certainly worth trying. Because there's not much to lose. Change it up, say it's the main roster at summer slam? Tons to lose.

Ithil

She's not on TV, she's on their developmental show, getting a faux title shot on a random episode of the program.

Why? Because she's interesting, evokes a big reaction from the crowd and as Sunny rightfully said, has a name and cross-over appeal. There are more Total Divas viewers than there are WWE Network subscribers, a bunch of which probably don't even watch NXT.

She's not interesting, that's the problem. On some level what she is perceived to represent is interesting, but she herself is the least charismatic wrestler since Jumpin Jeff Farmer.

Aiii

So not worth it
She's not interesting, that's the problem. On some level what she is perceived to represent is interesting, but she herself is the least charismatic wrestler since Jumpin Jeff Farmer.

Yep, she's so not interesting she's been on several covers of rather big name magazines.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, she's so not interesting she's been on several covers of rather big name magazines.
Right out of the gate, too. It's undeniable. Once she shows up on a show with bigger audiences they'll pull em in, easy.

eva marie is really pretty and had funny promos about taking me time and now calls the dorky fans dorks and is going to be another cap in the feather of fighting champ bayley.

I see nothing wrong here, let bayley run through the rest of the chumpy mid level women like Eva, Dana and Alexa (mid level in terms of Booking, thx). All the while having Asuka and Nia Jax making strong cases for themselves. Its a women's division being booked with the diversity of a men's division and Eva is just a small part of that that can easily do some PR.

It's working, and its not going to be at the detriment of your favorites, my friends 8)

People want simple booking. "Everyone loves Bayley." "Well who does everyone hate?" "Eva Marie. Book it, it's simple."

And there's no risk involved. There's a lot of benefits to it. Bayley gets a chance to help hide someone else's weaknesses in developmental, not the main roster, and it will make her better for it. Eva Marie gets to wrestle with one of the best female baby faces on the roster and she will be better for it.

Goddamn it ain't some weird thing.

This feud is the female version of Daniel Bryan Vs Randy Orton.

Bayley is that dorky girl next door type who eats balogna sandwiches and eats lunch with the Lunch lady and she smells like pork roast. Eva is the popular girl at school who has had everything handed to her. She's noticed that the unpopular smelly girl that hugs people is starting to make friends and get popular a la a Taylor Swift music video.

Bayley must prove that she belongs and deserves what shes earned and Eva has to do things for herself for once, the things shes been handed all her life and hasnt worked for is being taken away effortlessly by Bayley. Shes become aware shes never fought for something and earned it herself, so she has to prove to herself and her critics that she can.

Cant believe this feud is being done in developmental and not mainline PPV.

I could not care less about how "beautiful" someone is; the moment they open their mouths or exhibit a blandness to their personality, I check out. Crossover appeal doesn't inherently make someone attractive or talented nor am I sure the reverse is true in this case. I won't speak to why other people are watching her, if they are at all.

Bingo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even think Eva Marie is attractive. She looks like a robot.

Anth0ny

I could not care less about how "beautiful" someone is; the moment they open their mouths or exhibit a blandness to their personality, I check out. Crossover appeal doesn't inherently make someone attractive or talented nor am I sure the reverse is true in this case. I won't speak to why other people are watching her, if they are at all.

Next you're going to tell me a male wrestler doesn't have to be tall and muscular

I don't know what business you're talking about, brother

Top Bottom