• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

She's not only there for Bayley matches, you can clearly see her in the front row all throughout the show. Or did you miss that hilarious part of Finn's entrance?

Must have missed that that week, but at the taping last night she was only there for Bailey matches. I never saw if they had her elsewhere during the rest of the taping.

Ithil

Must have missed that that week, but at the taping last night she was only there for Bailey matches. I never saw if they had her elsewhere during the rest of the taping.

I'm pretty sure she just goes to the railing beside the ramp to interact with Bayley during her entrance, then goes back to her seat in the front row.

Kaladin

Is Izzy Bayley's kid sister?

Nope, best I can tell she was originally a Full Sail regular that WWE recognized as a big Bayley fan before Bayley became big.

I'm pretty sure she just goes to the railing beside the ramp to interact with Bayley during her entrance, then goes back to her seat in the front row.

Nope. Rest of the night there was some other guy out there in that spot. When she came up front for Bailey matches, he left that seat. She was there the whole match.

Kaladin

Then she must be a plant, cause what parent would allow there kid to be in a crowd as bad as the full sail crowd.

I'd let a kid go to an NXT taping or show before I would a typical indie show. They don't get near as vulgar as a regular indie crowd can.

Granted, NXT isn't Chikara, but it's close.

Jamie OD

I think in this case, it's a case of WWE recognizing the girl as a fan and exploiting it to the point where she became a plant. Pay attention when you watch, she's only there for Bailey matches.

There's someone on the F4W Board who regularly goes to the tapings. He said he had the ticket for that certain seat on last night's taping and offered it to Izzy and her dad for Bailey's matches. If what he says is true then I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who gets that seat is happy to swap seats with Izzy whenever Bailey is out there.

Then she must be a plant, cause what parent would allow there kid to be in a crowd as bad as the full sail crowd.

Her parents took her to the Impact Zone, so it's already questionable.

EDHEbyd.png

Kaladin

There's someone on the F4W Board who regularly goes to the tapings. He said he had the ticket for that certain seat on last night's taping and offered it to Izzy and her dad for Bailey's matches. If what he says is true then I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who gets that seat is happy to swap seats with Izzy whenever Bailey is out there.

Likely the case.

somedevil

Didn't they change the way you can get tickets as well? Before you could get them after the tapings but now they put on sale at a later date.

Meltzer on PWG, NXT, and ECW crowds.

It's a cult (referring to the PWG Reseda crowd), very similar to the days of weekly pro wrestling in local arenas, where the same fans sat in the same seats and it was the wrestling version of "Cheers," a place where, at least among the regulars, where everybody knew your name. It's an apropos comparison. The audience, mostly male, had beers by the pitcher and were wild, but never in an unruly way. Even though people were packed in like sardines, security problems were non-existent. The atmosphere was loud and rowdy, but not the slightest bit dangerous. Some would compare the audience to the glory days of the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, but they are entirely different. Perhaps if that ECW audience had evolved for two more decades, this is what they would have turned into, but probably not. But even though memories and legends are different, those who were there remember that the ECW wrestlers hated working the ECW Arena because of how the crowd could turn on a dime and while they were responsive when they liked it, they were often very critical and hard to please. While there were the occasional funny chants, the primary difference is the ECW Arena audience acted like they were a major part of the show, similar to the current 150 or so fans at the NXT shows in Orlando that always sit in front of the camera, although without the critical nature and aggressiveness of a Philadelphia crowd. The PWG audience acts like they are there to enjoy and enhance the show, but very much are not the stars of the show itself, nor do they want to be. One wrestler who is a regular at PWG noted that it's almost impossible to have a bad match there. It's clearly an audience that is there to have fun and make the matches, whatever the type they are, come across as good as possible. The audience was older, and smarter in a pro wrestling sense, than an NXT crowd. These people were the real insiders and pretty much kill the stereotype that the fans who know everything become jaded and hard, because this audience was clearly a level above any I've seen, had no illusions about what they were seeing, but reacted in a way that enhanced everything on the show.

PWG stay winning.

Anth0ny

I wonder if they'll save cena for the rumble

is there any logical reason to bring him back in late december besides "omg cena = ratings"

Kaladin

These people were the real insiders and pretty much kill the stereotype that the fans who know everything become jaded and hard, because this audience was clearly a level above any I've seen, had no illusions about what they were seeing, but reacted in a way that enhanced everything on the show.

Except that stereotype is very much alive and well, even in this very forum of WrassleGaf **cheap pop pause**. I think the PWG crowd is the exception there.

jmdajr

So guys.

After having "passed the torch", do think The Rock has reached Arnold Schwarzenegger levels of popularity yet? Success?

He's gone pretty fucking far, but I don't if he's peak Arnold yet.

Kaladin

So guys.

After having "passed the torch", do think The Rock has reached Arnold Schwarzenegger levels of popularity yet? Success?

He's not T2 Arnold yet, but we're entering the prime of his Hollywood career.

I expect to see a lot of The Rock for the next decade or so.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So guys.

He's starred in a significantly lower number of movies than Arnold and made about the same amount of adjusted money in movies he stars in.

So guys.

Arnold's best movies are way way way better than Rock's best. Not even disputable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hercules had a very hard time breaking even, but he did it.

Hercules made $244,000,000 domestic + international and cost approx. $100,000,000 to make. I highly doubt the marketing and distro costs were $144 million.

Sephzilla

If they ever straight up remake The Terminator, Rock should absolutely be the T-800

I'd say Commando is a Good Bad Arnold Movie vs a GOOD GOOD Arnold Movie.
Even still, I don't know what Rock's best bad movie is.

I wouldn't call Commando a good bad movie, it's more just a good shut off your brain movie. There isn't much inherently bad about it, it's just very clearly meant to be an Arnold vehicle

Angry Grimace

What I read is that movies needs to make 2 and a half times cost to make real money.

The rule of thumb is usually twice the production budget. Making 44,000,000 dollars ain't too bad. It really depends though, I think studios make a little less on international revenue than domestic for whatever reason.

If they ever straight up remake The Terminator, Rock should absolutely be the T-800

I fully believe that Rock couldn't pull it off. Arnold nails that performance so hard.

I don't think Rock could survive in a scenario where he has to carry a movie through pure physical charisma.

FUCK Terminator is so good.

Sephzilla

I fully believe that Rock couldn't pull it off. Arnold nails that performance so hard.

I don't think Rock could survive in a scenario where he has to carry a movie through pure physical charisma.

FUCK Terminator is so good.

I actually think he could pull it off. Plus I'd like to see Rock play the bad guy.

So guys.

Dwayne went to the "shitty family comedy" phase way too soon after that torch passing, but he managed to recover and reach a position I think most would say is pretty successful for a modern action movie start. Biggest problem is that modern action movies aren't really about the stars so much as the franchise/concept and the SFX, so Rocky has never been as central to his films as Arnold was.

Angry Grimace

I read that as well.

There's also video licensing rights for people who want to own the entire Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson catalog.

I'm sure a person like that exists. Sort of like my mom and Keanu Reeves, which has nothing to do with my mom having the hots for Keanu Reeves, according to my mom.

Top Bottom