• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
11204393_968433316528451_5298271995130283092_n.jpg
I fucking called it

Striker

Triple H is a bodybuilding nut who doesn't care how good anybody wrestles, yet given a huge budget to run what is basically a vanity promotion, he pushes Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor (in great shape, but isn't really muscular so much as he has very low body fat), Hideo Itami, etc. Shit, his idol is Ric Flair, who has one of the worst physiques of any major wrestler in history.

I think Bret can be insightful (I totally agree with his analysis of Ric Flair's major limitations as a performer), but when he's off, he's REALLY off.
Only Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are the ones without really great physiques.

He also had his hands on Adrian Neville:

Before: http://i.imgur.com/sApmGV8.jpg
After: http://i.imgur.com/C7zXE5b.jpg

He's pushed Sheamus before in several different ways and the whole tie-in with Reigns reportedly (then again, it also stated Vince want(ed) Big E).

Triple H is a bodybuilding nut who doesn't care how good anybody wrestles, yet given a huge budget to run what is basically a vanity promotion, he pushes Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor (in great shape, but isn't really muscular so much as he has very low body fat), Hideo Itami, etc. Shit, his idol is Ric Flair, who has one of the worst physiques of any major wrestler in history.

I think Bret can be insightful (I totally agree with his analysis of Ric Flair's major limitations as a performer), but when he's off, he's REALLY off.

Ric Flair had the body of an Adonis

While we're talking about Flair being bad at things, he would take back body drops and piledrivers in the worst goddamn ways

I get the first one, the second one is just him being a dummy

DMczaf

While we're talking about Flair being bad at things, he would take back body drops and piledrivers in the worst goddamn ways

I get the first one, the second one is just him being a dummy

I thought he took bumps that way due to his back injury from the plane accident.

The grabbing of the feet? Yeah that looked like shit.

Yes the goddamn grabbing of the feet. Flair you bitch you know how high up in the air you are, it always made Funk's piledrivers look like shit

I thought he took bumps that way due to his back injury from the plane accident.

For the back body drop yeah, for the piledriver, he just had no idea how to take it and nobody is going to correct Ric Flair on how to take a bump

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate how these pussy ass refs keep sticking their noses in shit during 93 and 94. Tend to your fucking business cunts.

It's fucking rampant in the entire history of WCW. Nosy ass refs going into business for themselves and getting beat down for cheap heel heat.

WWF usually doesn't run that way, though it had rudo ref twin magic Earl Hebner and the wrestling referee Danny Davis in a short period of time. Most of the time referee contact is provoked by the wrestler, they only break up real awful stuff by force, though there are exceptions.

It's fucking rampant in the entire history of WCW. Nosy ass refs going into business for themselves and getting beat down for cheap heel heat.

WWF usually doesn't run that way, though it had rudo ref twin magic Earl Hebner and the wrestling referee Danny Davis in a short period of time. Most of the time referee contact is provoked by the wrestler, they only break up real awful stuff by force, though there are exceptions.
I mean more like Razor lost at RR 94 due to a run in, after IRS was celebrating Hebner came in to tell him that they need to re start the match, the finish wasn't clean. That really irked me. Yet for The Bret and Owen match, the ref never focused on the injured Bret outside the ring.

Yeah this shit is fake but it just gets on my nerves lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean more like Razor lost at RR 94 due to a run in, after IRS was celebrating Hebner came in to tell him that they need to re start the match, the finish wasn't clean. That really irked me. Yet for The Bret and Owen match, the ref never focused on the injured Bret outside the ring.

Yeah this shit is fake but it just gets on my nerves lol.

Oh, inconsistent refereeing is a pet peeve of mine as well.

In the WM 4 tournament one guy gets dq'd for the ref seeing him with a weapon while hogan swings a chair at his opponent and isn't immediately dq'd.

Oh, inconsistent refereeing is a pet peeve of mine as well.

In the WM 4 tournament one guy gets dq'd for the ref seeing him with a weapon while hogan swings a chair at his opponent and isn't immediately dq'd.
Refs need to fucking know their place and gtfo. At least now they're somewhat better simply because you don't have them bitching and snitching.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SS 1998 is the perfect Russo style show. He's never done anything even remotely as memorable as it despite running very similar style tournaments in both WCW and TNA. A lot of it is not having the same level of star power as this event is Rock's real ascent to main event status and forever put Foley over as a mega face, but none of the twists have ever been this good.

Gonzalez

Banned
WWE needs more president/bookers who rarely appear.

Hunter feuding with Roman is stupid. Nobody buys that shit about Hunter not favoring him. The reason Austin Vs. McMahon worked so much was because Austin really wasn't the kind of guy Vince would have wanted as the man at one point.

WWE needs more president/bookers who rarely appear.

Hunter feuding with Roman is stupid. Nobody buys that shit about Hunter not favoring him. The reason Austin Vs. McMahon worked so much was because Austin really wasn't the kind of guy Vince would have wanted as the man at one point.
They need to let this shit go. Hunter and Steph don't have IT to do the role of the authority as Vince and Shane did.

How believable is it that a man who held the title 13 times is afraid of someone who's only been in the company 2-3 years? He doesn't really pose a threat.

Vince and Shane were just 2 rich white guys in suits with no wrestling experience.

So you're like holy shit, what's their problem stepping to Austin. Throw the whole locker room at him.

It's stale.

iMax

They need to let this shit go. Hunter and Steph don't have IT to do the role of the authority as Vince and Shane did.

How believable is it that a man who held the title 13 times is afraid of someone who's only been in the company 2-3 years? He doesn't really pose a threat.

Vince and Shane were just 2 rich white guys in suits with no wrestling experience.

So you're like holy shit, what's their problem stepping to Austin. Throw the whole locker room at him.

It's stale.

They should just wheel Vince back out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's stale.
They've been better recently. A year ago HHH and Steph were on every show being generically evil. The worst part is that Jolly Kane as GM was pretty fucking entertaining and it died super fast.

Lothar

Banned
SS 1998 is the perfect Russo style show. He's never done anything even remotely as memorable as it despite running very similar style tournaments in both WCW and TNA. A lot of it is not having the same level of star power as this event is Rock's real ascent to main event status and forever put Foley over as a mega face, but none of the twists have ever been this good.

I'm glad that Russo is getting credit for this. It wasn't just Survivor Series. The storylines at the time were fun, unpredictable, and exciting. About the best as it's ever got for wrestling. Ratings started to skyrocket around this time but not many give Russo much credit anymore.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39thdo_survivor-series-1998-promo_fun

Look how Vince is involved in every storyline. It's not just the authority being unstoppably evil. It's up and down for Vince. Austin makes Vince pee his pants in the middle of the ring in front of millions and that's just the lead up to this PPV. Vince is still a major villain after that.

They've been better recently. A year ago HHH and Steph were on every show being generically evil. The worst part is that Jolly Kane as GM was pretty fucking entertaining and it died super fast.
I didn't really get to see this Jolly Kane. I just remember him smiling at Seth and putting him in matches lol.

I'm glad that Russo is getting credit for this. It wasn't just Survivor Series. The storylines at the time were fun, unpredictable, and exciting. About the best as it's ever got for wrestling. Ratings started to skyrocket around this time but not many give Russo much credit anymore.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39thdo_survivor-series-1998-promo_fun

Look how Vince is involved in every storyline. It's not just the authority being unstoppably evil. It's up and down for Vince. Austin makes Vince pee his pants in the middle of the ring in front of millions and that's just the lead up to this PPV. Vince is still a major villain after that.
The thing is Vince was made to look weak so damn much it worked!

WcW tried that and failed. That's where they went wrong.

Authority is strong and no one can out smart them.

Top Bottom