• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
WWE Roster is so crap now.

As a fan in the 80s and 90s, we didnt know how good we had it.

I always think of Wrestlemania 17 as the ending of the Attitude Era. WCW closed, ECW gone, forced Austin heel turn. Then we pretty much started a long slow downward slide into the shit pile we have now.

Punks pipebomb could have been another KOTR Austin moment, but nope.

And Vince having killed the territories we no longer have anywhere for guys to go and learn to work, its all scripted promo shit now.

CUd5r7TUwAAhk0Q.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sounds like they should have stuck with my original booking plan of 'no one ever takes the title off Brock'. Certainly not some legend retiring, nazi sympathizing, injury having indie guy

Heel

Can the underdog Roman Reigns defy the odds and come back from the lowest of lows? I can't wait to find out at WrestleMania.

Anth0ny

the finish makes sense. they had to have sheamus out of the title picture by rumble season. how do you do that? cash in now, roman beats him clean at TLC, has nothing to do with the title at the rumble, and by mania sheamus is jobbing on the pre show in the andre battle royale.

imBask

Banned
some of you actually wanted this

you happy now?

Sheamus is our champ

FELLAAAA
RESPECT THE HAWK
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED
FELLAAAA
RESPECT THE HAWK
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED
FELLAAAA
RESPECT THE HAWK
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED
FELLAAAA
RESPECT THE HAWK
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I liked all the schadenfreude that came out of that. Because there was a lot.

Let's recap just the last 10 minutes:
Neither match lasted long, which makes fans of all three mad
HHH still had to get PPV time
They're making Reigns Bryan 2.0 but he'll physically live longer this time, which makes fans of both mad
Sheamus fans are mad because this is the weakest he's looked since he won the belt while literally running away from the Nexus, and he continues the streak of having only weak title runs from the start
Brock fans will be mad when Reigns wins at Mania
Ambrose fans are mad that he was dead from the second he was hit with the spear

Nobody is happy about the last 10 minutes of a big 4 PPV that isn't the Rumble. This has to be a first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Roster is so crap now.

As a fan in the 80s and 90s, we didnt know how good we had it.

I always think of Wrestlemania 17 as the ending of the Attitude Era. WCW closed, ECW gone, forced Austin heel turn. Then we pretty much started a long slow downward slide into the shit pile we have now.

Punks pipebomb could have been another KOTR Austin moment, but nope.

And Vince having killed the territories we no longer have anywhere for guys to go and learn to work, its all scripted promo shit now.
Man, their roster right now is amazing. Some of the best wrasslers on the planet, and they're being given time to wrestle. We are in a golden age of talent and ring work.

Skatterd

Tbh I don't see what the WWE sees in Reigns...he's been given every chance to improve..and he hasn't. And the way Ambrose was treated in that match was pathetic.

I honestly prefer Sheamus as champion at this point.

Sheamus is the World Wrestling Federation Champioooooooooooooonnnnnnnn!!!!

Here is your WWE champion, ladies and gentlemen!!!!

IT'S SHEAMUS

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Surprised they haven't done Finn Balor on Breaking Ground at all.

Top Bottom