• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
CUd8OrNWUAAHt5v.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
They don't do anything exciting with Roman.

Royal Rumble was a fucking dud. People loved the Bryan match b/c he got carried by an expert. Lesnar beat the shit outta him. MITB was...eesh. Same problem here. Boring, Predictable as fuck, stale. No swerve, no double-cross, nothing. Roman is more boring and stale than John Cena and he's been on the roster for far less time.

They're trying to make him like Daniel Bryan now, who kept getting screwed over so the crowd supported him. Problem is that was organic and this is artificial as fuck. Everyone can see it, and because of that, hate it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
once again, wwe puts us in a position which only brock can save us from

brock...please hurry

He's scheduled to come back before the Rumble. But it's still a problem when the part timer has to come in and help to revive the product in some sense. Brock should add to the existing product, not be the product when Vince is able to the checks for him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I bet ZZ probably doesn't getting constantly yelled at by Lord Tensai about fat he is when Lord Tensai isn't exactly in the world's greatest shape

UberTag

Lose lose for the fans
Pretty much this... easily the worst possible outcome for the night.

Best outcome = Reigns wins, turns heel on Ambrose, joins the Authority, title match at Mania is unpredictable
2nd best outcome = Reigns wins, doesn't turn heel but at last we're getting his preordained title reign out of the way, title match at Mania is unpredictable
3rd best outcome = Sheamus cashes in, Reigns puts someone over beforehand, tension furthered between Reigns and Ambrose
Worst outcome = Sheamus cashes in, Reigns puts nobody over, looks like a jackass and gets booed out of the building, pre-destined title win for Reigns at Mania still locked in place

So the guy pushed as the top (or second) top babyface for the last two years just got booed walking out of the ring after losing to SHEAMUS for the WWE title. I'm FAR from a Reigns fan, but it really is amazing how badly the booking has fucked him over.

Fox318

wrestling is going to be ok
CTon4_DWUAAyNq0.jpg

look at the striations!

Honestly if it wasn't for Lucha Underground and NXT there really isn't much to be optimistic about wrestling produced in the west.

• TNA is seconds away from bankruptcy and even if they were funded it would probably be shit
  • GFW is a Double J show so it won't draw dimes and it won't be good
  • WWE is being written by a man who appears to be content with doing what ever he wants and he isn't good at booking long term anymore
  • ROH still has the production values of a high school play
  • NXT is saved by using Indie stars to prop up what would just be a developmental system but the nature of it being taped and being in the same arena makes it easier to book.
  • AAA is falling apart left and right
  • CMLL is desperate to remain relevant.
  • Lucha Underground almost was canceled after a great start.

KingBroly

Banned
So the guy pushed as the top (or second) top babyface for the last two years just got booed walking out of the ring after losing to SHEAMUS for the WWE title. I'm FAR from a Reigns fan, but it really is amazing how badly the booking has fucked him over.

The worst part? The Smark fans weren't even there. He got shat on all night. He's done.

Mizerman

They wanted all of their eggs into one basket. Always.

Sometimes it'll work and other times it won't. This is one of the times where it's not working.

Ithil

It's in Orlando, not Philadelphia. But it wasn't like he got the reaction I'm sure WWE was going for tonight in Atlanta. So I don't really know now.

The Rumble is always a hardcore crowd, like WM. It's the second biggest PPV and plenty of people travel for it.

Fox318

Man, their roster right now is amazing. Some of the best wrasslers on the planet, and they're being given time to wrestle. We are in a golden age of talent and ring work.

the roster is talented as any roster they have ever had but the creative is limited by not taking risks, PG environment, no mainstream competition, and too many people to answer to (Hasbro, NBC, Make-A-Wish, Susan G Koman, and advertisers that view their audience as poor uneducated and with no buying power)

HHH is way better at assembling a roster than Johnny Ace.

The worst part? The Smark fans weren't even there. He got shat on all night. He's done.

Cena still has a couple years left, at this point they should take advantage of that and turn Reigns into the biggest heel in the company. Let the babyface stuff happen organically, because this isn't working

KissVibes

Banned
Yo, this Breaking Ground show is making Ryder super sympathetic. Like, dude is obviously wanting to put in work and work towards something. He seems super depressed but still optimistic that his hard work and resiliency will pay off.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How bad is Reigns going to be booed at the Rumble? Has to be worse than this year, right?

He's not gonna be in it, he'll be winning the title. He's just gonna get screwed at TLC and then win it for real at RR so he can headline without the show going off the air to boos for a third consecutive year

I don't follow WWE as much as I did in recent times. Still, kind of disappointed of no Ambrose heel turn. I mean, it's great Sheamus doesn't have that MitB briefcase but to actually make him champion after all this time being in limbo?? Plus I'm pretty sure Reigns will win the Royal Rumble, yet again.

I'm glad I don't follow WWE anymore.

Mizerman

Cena still has a couple years left, at this point they should take advantage of that and turn Reigns into the biggest heel in the company. Let the babyface stuff happen organically, because this isn't working

They need to stop making Reigns into another Cena. It's not working as they think it might.

Let Roman Reigns be Roman Reigns.

Top Bottom