• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because WWE is getting the opposite reaction to what they want to such a high degree, they REALLY need to re-evaluate their presentation model.

If the way they've been booking events tells us anything, its that WWE is super risk averse - they'd obviously much rather just very slowly bleed profits rather than risk the profit margin they already have on doing something else.

Or maybe this was all a ploy to get us to realize how much we miss John Cena

Punk/Ryback killed Ryback's momentum. I'm not talking about politicking or anything, I mean that there was nobody in a position to win logically. Punk was in the middle of a white-hot title streak, and Ryback with his undefeated streak. So they went with the bizarre screwjob option, which only ruined everyone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I don't want to compliment Lex, Roman couldn't handle the heat

Ithil

For all the hate the Sheamus cash in is getting, that Ambrose/Reigns match straight sucked

It was all a pale imitation of Summerslam 2013. A 9 minute rushjob instead of a classic, totally apathetic crowd despite the four trucks of confetti instead of a bi ovation, and HHH just sort of getting attacked for some reason instead of screwing over the new champion. Then boos instead of the sympathy pop.

KingBroly

Banned
If the way they've been booking events tells us anything, its that WWE is super risk averse - they'd obviously much rather just very slowly bleed profits rather than risk the profit margin they already have on doing something else.

That doesn't really work when you know you have to get who you want to be over over. Now, anyone who's sane would want everyone over, but WWE is like 'FUCK YOU DAMMIT, ONLY OUR HAND CHOSEN SUPERMEN GET OVER!' They have to change how they present these people.

Mizerman

Or maybe this was all a ploy to get us to realize how much we miss John Cena

Somehow, I wouldn't doubt it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;186448586 said:
I take it Survivor Series wasn't up to task?
It was fine. Decent. Nothing spectacular though. Felt rote, but not in a bad way, just in a neutral way. Paige is the drizzling shits, though.

My friends and I were having a casual conversation when Reigns beat Ambrose. We were all like wow.

Then Sheamus outta no where cashed in. We all popped when he won.

Even though it's predictable sometimes, if you let yourself get lost in the moment it's fun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really wonder how different this would have turned out if Roman was the guy whose knees got shredded instead of Rollins.

Kaladin

I called that the moment they booked the tournament brackets.

Also, that finish was straight up Summerslam 2013 without Triple H booking himself as the ref in the finals. Biggest difference ended up being they left you with some small % of doubt that there wouldn't be a cash in.

Also, long celebrations = some shit is going down. Fact.

KingBroly

Banned
My friends and I were having a casual conversation when Reigns beat Ambrose. We were all like wow.

Then Sheamus outta no where cashed in. We all popped when he won.

Even though it's predictable sometimes, if you let yourself get lost in the moment it's fun.

If Raw doesn't start with "Thank You Sheamus" chants I'll be shocked.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If there's one positive to tonight, I managed to convince a couple of my buds to stay up and watch WrestleKingdom 10 at me and my friend's place. They're all a bunch of weeaboos so I was able to convince them fairly quick.

Angry Grimace

I called that the moment they booked the tournament brackets.

Also, that finish was straight up Summerslam 2013 without Triple H booking himself as the ref in the finals. Biggest difference ended up being they left you with some small % of doubt that there wouldn't be a cash in.

Also, long celebrations = some shit is going down. Fact.

The entire tournament was a truly horrible idea, really.

KingBroly

Banned
The entire tournament was basically to put over that Roman wouldn't sell out.

Gotta make Roman look strong.

He didn't look strong, though. He looked weak, gassed and cried like a wimp. And through it all he got Booed.

People are done with the Roman Reigns experiment.

Angry Grimace

haven't they tried to push these big handsome dudes on us forever

does it ever actually work the way they want

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He knows how to get heat with a crowd. Go away heat is still slightly better than 'who the fuck cares' non-heat. He was phenomenal at working the crowd during one of the ECW ONS's while Batista was crying and couldn't keep it together at the same event.

Fox318

He knows how to get heat with a crowd. Go away heat is still slightly better than 'who the fuck cares' non-heat. He was phenomenal at working the crowd during one of the ECW ONS's while Batista was crying and couldn't keep it together at the same event.

But that was so long ago and he's pretty beat up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
John Pollock should just host the entire thing. He is so much better than Agnew it's not even funny.
I like Agnew but he reminds me of an Internet poster, just complaining for the sake of complaining, because everyone else is doing it. Incapable of forming his own opinion and wants to go along with the crowd.

Kaladin

They have to eventually pull the trigger on Roman. It's okay to have him get close but not get it a couple of times, but there are only so many times you can do that before you destroy any good you've done in the past. Even without the whole Royal Rumble bit this year, he's getting close to the point where fans would turn on him, like him or not.

Anyone but you Roman, even Sheamus.

I want to see Sheamus vs Lesnar :(

I think Lesnar vs Sheamus would be a good match. Thinking back to a random Smackdown Sheamus vs Casaro match where they power moved and beat the fuck out of each other which was an awesome I think Lesnar and Sheamus matches up well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the part where they've had this project Roman going for 5 years, he finally gets his title shot after being denied by Lesnar, Rollins, The Authority etc.

And he loses it within minutes. To another failed Triple H experiment that he never even feuded with, that he has zero known chemistry or bad blood with. Because ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN MAGLE

like not only do WWE not know how to make non-Roman fans unhappy, but they also know how to make Roman fans unhappy. Nobody wins!

I like Agnew but he reminds me of an Internet poster, just complaining for the sake of complaining, because everyone else is doing it. Incapable of forming his own opinion and wants to go along with the crowd.

I mean...you have an audience to cater to.

But Pollock's work ethic is second to none and is hands down the best voice in wrestling coverage today. Better than Meltzer.

I'm also the few who love the pre-podcast convo's with Wai.

Teeth

This was some of the weakest actual wrestling that they've done in months. So much punch-chop-kick-clothesline-finisher.

I am completely convinced that the guys were told backstage to work ultra safe because of all of the injuries. It's got them scared (and for good reason).

How about...giving some of the guys some time off on the regular instead?

Roman's looking soft, likely unable to train because he's worn out. That bandaged up arm and extra body armor I doubt is just for show. Randy was getting really soft before he blew out his shoulder.

Then on the other side you've got Del Rio who looks like a million dollars
worth of dBol
because he was actually able to rest and not get burned out.

When you've got terrible writing and then you take away the high stakes graps, you've got nothing left to sit on. Some sad shit.

Also, no Dudleys tonight. Lucha and Usos, but no Dudleys. Hmmmmmm

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean...you have an audience to cater to.

But Pollock's work ethic is second to none and is hands down the best voice in wrestling coverage today. Better than Meltzer.

I'm also the few who love the pre-podcast convo's with Wai.
Pollock is a freaking iron man. He's such an encyclopedia of knowledge and GOOD, sensible opinions.

Angry Grimace

Maybe they're setting it up so the entire roster of title holders will be the Rock's cousins

NoRéN

It was fine. Decent. Nothing spectacular though. Felt rote, but not in a bad way, just in a neutral way. Paige is the drizzling shits, though.

Started fast skimming through it. Fairly average overall. Then I get to the divas match.

Paige on the apron looks at crowd, "Come on, Charlotte!"

Charlotte is in the other direction. If you are gonna taunt your opponent, taunt your opponent. Drizzling shits is about as perfect a descriptor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Charlotte and Paige are both just the worst. Paige because she acts like a video game sub sub sub boss and thinks randomly screaming future Roman Reigns catchphrases will get heat and Charlotte because she's in the top 5 most awkward WWE wrestlers of all time.

Angry Grimace

Honestly felt like Charlotte didn't have anything to work with.

Paige has looked really bad in the last year or so at the wrestling part, and her slurring makes all of her promos unintelligible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And speaking of getting heat around here, Nakamura has been my biggest disappointment of 2015. I can't think of any memorable matches he's had since the Ibushi match.

And that was in January. We need to arrive at the true conclusion that Okada is samey and stale and meta heel good guy eternal company man God King Ace of the UniverseTanahashi is THE man

Top Bottom