• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Jamie OD

IPTV service that runs on your PC via android emulation, rather than via an expensive USB stick/IPTV box;

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=694

Fucking game changer. Watching Samurai TV live in the UK, there's an archive of programs from the last week as well, this shit is ridiculous. Samurai, GAORA, Jsports, all the goddamn channels.

Tempted to try it out. If I can get it working on my Roku then I'll snap it up for sure.

I'm pretty annoyed at how little I enjoyed Survivor Series, despite being down on the product I generally come out of the PPV's feeling entertained but that was pretty boring.

Matches felt pretty bland, almost as if no one was giving 100%. Surprisingly enough I enjoyed the Kane/Taker tag match even though not a lot happened. Ambrose/Owens was probably the most exciting of the night, Owens is really entertaining in the ring, works the crowd even if it's not always on point. Just good to see a wrestler embody his character in and out of the ring.

I hope we get some awesome cruiser tag matches for TLC. Lucha Dragons vs Kofi/Xavier could be amazing.
Maybe I've just been watching too much Hardy Bros/E&C matches lately :/

Menome

So...that happened.

I'm not really feeling strongly one way or the other yet, need to see where they're taking things from here on RAW tonight.

As wonky as the booking was last night, as weird as a short finals was, as eh as the crowd was to Reigns winning...

...the most damning thing all night was the five minutes of silence at the end of the show while Reigns cried and the crowd didn't give a shit.

GunBR

there were "thank god it wasn't Roman" cheers, on Raw the realization will settle in that the champ is fucking Sheamus.

When Sheamus made the cash-in I saw a lot of people cheering and celebrating
But when he really won the match you could see almost zero reaction of the crowd

Sheamus vs Roman was a "whoever wins, we lose" kind of match
(and we probably will have another one of that in TLC)

Gonzalez

Banned
I've come up with this conspiracy theory that Roman has been built up all this time to get the crowd 100% behind John Cena when they have their inevitable match against each other.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Facebook comments tell me that the marks fucking goddamn love Roman Reigns to DEATH.

They're so buying into what WWE is selling.

Kyari

The worst part is that in the Network Era no one wins a belt on TV, so we have an entire month of Sheamus being a prominent feature of Raw without risk of a title change till AT LEAST TLC.

They had the chance to do something interesting after Seth-kun got injured, something different at least.

But as usual they manged to somehow make things worse lol.

I'm almost at the point where I wish Reigns had already had his win and 'run' at WM then they could have dumped him after it didn't work instantly like they wanted and moved on to someone else to ruin. What these results mean is just more months of dragging it out with Reigns.

Of all the f**king people though, why Sheamus, might as well feud him with Del Rio for maximum we don't care.

What happened to matches having those 'moments' as well, like Reigns winning was just in some random spot they'd usually go to commercial on Raw or something. No big set up or anything just felt like they wrestled for 5min then he won, was anyone even paying attention at the point it happened? Same thing with the divas match, Charlotte simply puts the submission on then she taps, no drama or story-telling reversals/cool OH MY HOW DID SHE TURN IT INTO THAT ahhh can't reach the ropes type thing for a submission win.

Fox318

Why can't they just book reigns as a Bret style heel?

He wouldn't be a bad guy but he would call the fans out on their shit.

God this creative is so fucked up.

Exodust

Banned
Wasn't Randy Orton more like the Reigns push than John Cena was initially? I remember his first reign being botched, and them moving on to Batista for Wrestlemania 21.

Then again, Orton beating the void for the title at Summerslam doesn't sound realistic.

Fox318

Wasn't Randy Orton more like the Reigns push than John Cena was initially? I remember his first reign being botched, and them moving on to Batista for Wrestlemania 21.

Then again, Orton beating the void for the title at Summerslam doesn't sound realistic.
His first reign was to get back at Brock by making him the youngest champ.

Striker

Only issue was that the Reigns/Ambrose match was neither dramatic or exhausting. They literally gave those two 7 minutes, meaning they found a way to make your proposed shitty booking even worse
Owen-Razor 1994 KotR finale was under 7 mins, and that was a great, fun event. It does matter who's in these roles and how they adjust it. The problem I thought looking at it all was it was far too predictable. This is just the continue string in the WWE product in the past ten years.

What's pretty great is the run they had Bret do in the 1993 King of the Ring.

Versus Razor Ramon - 10:25
Verus Mr. Perfect - 18:56
Verus Bam Bam - 18:11

All great matches to boot. The big thing they played in the Perfect match was how Bret got injured in the Ramon match and then this match went on and on and it became more about, "Can Bret and Mr. Perfect get this before the time limit draw?" which was 20-minutes. Then the injuries he sustained in both matches played in the finale vs. Bam Bam. You do not see that nowadays. I doubt they even discuss the possibility of a match running out of time.

Finally got around to watching the first two days of the World Tag League. Wow, a swerve from NJPW! First BUSHI is injured and out for 9 months, then he gets hurt again and can't make his return match, then he supposedly gets hurt again, but actually turns heel and joins with Los Ingobernables! That's probably one of the most interesting things done all year.

Los Ingobernables de Japon is quickly becoming the hot stable right now and it'll be interesting to see who they add. Hiromu Takahashi (now known as Kamaitachi in CMLL) is a good bet, he went on his learning excursion same time as Watanabe/EVIL and it should be time to come back, I'd also think a lot of NJPW guys with experience in Mexico who have also been "screwed over" for a long time will jump from various stables...YOSHI-HASHI might be a good choice from CHAOS and Tama Tonga from the BC.

As an addendum, it's hilarious that WWE is trying to build Roman Reigns into a sympy-worthy Daniel Bryan character. It's not working, guys.

espher

I went into this PPV expecting to like probably two matches (Owens/Ambrose, maybe the classic Survivor Series), and I ended up hating all of them.

This PPV was like a paint-by-numbers picture of how to tank fan interest.

Made everyone look worse, didn't really ignore any new rivalry/feud potential (I mean, the tournament basically led to nothing for Del Rio/Ambrose/Owens - well, maybe the latter two will have some conflict, but that falls in part on Owens' in-ring storytelling giving you a reason to believe Ambrose would have a particular hate for him) and failed to really 'end' or even advance any feuds. The 'classic Survivor Series match' was also run completely wrong and aside from the potential Barrett x New Day OTP play accomplished nothing at all and felt like our weekly TV tag match.

Shit, the pre-show match felt like it accomplished more for the participants and for storytelling.

Jerm411

Good to see The Wyatt Family completely destroyed and dismantled...holy fuck. How do they expect to build anyone when they do stuff like that...

I mean, even Strowman got destroyed and they've been protecting him like crazy.

Caderfix

Good to see The Wyatt Family completely destroyed and dismantled...holy fuck. How do they expect to build anyone when they do stuff like that...

I mean, even Strowman got destroyed and they've been protecting him like crazy.

Don't worry, win/losses don't matter, ask Gaf.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stated this in the PPV thread, but my major problem with the result last night is that it completely invalidated the entire tournament.

Why even bother at that point?

imBask

Banned
Stated this in the PPV thread, but my major problem with the result last night is that it completely invalidated the entire tournament.

that tournament was invalidated from the moment they announced who was in it

Kaladin

I think it's time they either:

A) retire Money In The Bank or B) re-work how it is done.

Drive-by cash ins are never good for business. The championship run almost always amounts to zilch and by this point there is no surprise in when they're doing it.

Either eliminate it all together or put in a new rule that says the challenger must give at least one week notice to his cash in, and the cash in has to be it's own match.

MC Safety

Well, Roman Reigns did win the championship, even if it was only for a few seconds.

The money in the bank intrigue is, frankly, bankrupt. Having Sheamus looming as champ for a year is not an exciting prospect.

Also, on a side note, one of the wrestling-related Web site said Sheamus is 37. That's surprising, as I always saw him as a guy in his late 20s. But I guess he's been around for a while.

KingBroly

Banned

Drive-by cash ins are never good for business. The championship run almost always amounts to zilch and by this point there is no surprise in when they're doing it.

Either eliminate it all together or put in a new rule that says the challenger must give at least one week notice to his cash in, and the cash in has to be it's own match.

Then they need to get rid of it. Money in the Bank basically guarantees you're the next Champion. That's what the term itself means. Giving the Champion a heads up makes the term lose all meaning since the guarantee, or near-guarantee is gone.

Problem is, as you've said, everyone knows it's coming. It's not a surprise to anyone.

imBask

Banned
I wanna listen to the WOR review, but I don't want to give money to anyone related to this carny ass business right now

life's hard

jmdajr

In think the rate of failed cash ins just needs to increase. That will solve it.

Recall

So Survivor Series was shit. As continues the trend of it being a shitty show that always reflects how that have no booking talent and haven't in eons.

kiguel182

The matches for the tournament was pretty enjoyable and the rest of the PPV might as well not have been there. Taker and Kane winning is pathetic.

Also, that ending was as predictable as possible I guess. They didn't even try to make it interesting. Also, selling Roman as an underdog has the same problem as doing it with Cena. We know he isn't an underdog. It worked with Bryan because he actually was one.

So yeah, that was Survivor Series.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, Roman Reigns did win the championship, even if it was only for a few seconds.

The money in the bank intrigue is, frankly, bankrupt. Having Sheamus looming as champ for a year is not an exciting prospect.

Also, on a side note, one of the wrestling-related Web site said Sheamus is 37. That's surprising, as I always saw him as a guy in his late 20s. But I guess he's been around for a while.

True, but why bother wasting the time and instead just have Roman (the #1 contender) and Sheamus (MITB holder) face each other at the PPV in a real match?

Oh, wait--that would mean the writers would actually have to book an entire Survivor Series PPV instead of relying on the tournament to do it for them.

Top Bottom