• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

11313607_1092761160734958_1193653190_n.jpg

hamchan

That small bit at the end of the PPV with the pretty dead for most of the show crowd still booing the hell out of Roman even when everyone is walking out. Man, I started to feel super bad for the poor guy. Dude legit looked like he wanted to cry so I guess his acting classes are starting to pay off. I suppose that was their intention of showing it.

Jezbollah

So, no doubt the plan is to put the title on Reigns at WM32.

You are the WWE. You will be holding WM32 at AT&T Stadium and will no doubt want to break the indoor attendance record (needs to be more than the 108,000 that turned up for the NBA All Star Game).

Sheamus vs Reigns is not going to do that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do enjoy that the crowd is now chanting "Let's go Roman! Roman Sucks." How long has that been going on? Is this a common thing? I hope it is.

jmdajr

So, no doubt the plan is to put the title on Reigns at WM32.

You are the WWE. You will be holding WM32 at AT&T Stadium and will no doubt want to break the indoor attendance record (needs to be more than the 108,000 that turned up for the NBA All Star Game).

Sheamus vs Reigns is not going to do that.

Sheamus won't even be in the picture by then.

Hey WrestleGAF trying to get back into wrestling (yes I know things suck right now) but can y'all recommend perhaps a top 10 or 20 matches I should check out. Like most I haven't watched since the Attitude area, but have tried to catch a few things recently. Right now I'm watching last nights Survivor Series and man the first two matches were boring. The crowd also could not be more lifeless, at least it seams, during the intro to this SS tag style match. I watched an NXT PPV and it was ok, but also felt a bit campy.

Anyway a few matches I found from another list:

10. Shield vs Team Hell No and Ryback (The Big Guy) TLC 2012
9. Sheamus vs The Bigshow for World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell 2012
8. CM Punk vs Chris Jericho: Chicago Street Fight match for WWE Championship Extreme Rules 2012
7. Wyatt Family VS Shield Elimination Chamber 2014
6. Daniel Bryan vs John Cena for WWE Championship 2013
5. CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar 2013
4. Undertaker vs CM Punk Wrestlemania 29 2013
3. The Rock vs Cena Wrestlemania 28 2012
2. CM Punk vs John Cena Raw Episode 2013
1. CM Punk vs John Cena for WWE Championship 2011 MITB

Ithil

How can a decision that everyone saw coming was decided hours before the show? What were they doing until then?

This ending seems like it was written in 5 minutes.

They were most probably just going to end with Reigns winning and that's it beforehand.

jmdajr

Reigns work has gotten much better for sure. Folks here still try to give him tons of grief but he's not bad folks.

I still think heel Reigns will be a better run, how could it not. But yeah, hating Reigns is past being hipster now.

Only hope for an indy/smark favorite now to be WWE champ is MAYBE Finn Balor. Cesaro will never....EVVVVVEEEEEEEER be champion.

I was legit scared for Taker when he went for the Old School move.

Haha, me too. He was slappin his knee on the ring apron at the beginning of the match too like it was bothering him. Might have been that awkward looking double boot they did. Or it could have been 'ol Calaway working the smarks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey WrestleGAF trying to get back into wrestling (yes I know things suck right now) but can y'all recommend perhaps a top 10 or 20 matches I should check out. Like most I haven't watched since the Attitude area, but have tried to catch a few things recently. Right now I'm watching last nights Survivor Series and man the first two matches were boring. The crowd also could not be more lifeless, at least it seams, during this SS tag style match. I watched an NXT PPV and it was ok, but also felt a bit campy.

Anyway a few matches I found from another list:

If you want to get back into wrestling, check out something different than WWE.

Check out Lucha Underground:
Grave Consequences from Lucha Underground (Mil Muertes vs. Fenix)
Vampiro vs. Pentagon Jr.

Or New Japan, with English commentary:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...-4-13-god-commentary-week-1-axs-tv-njpw_sport

Or with Japanese commentary, here's a great match:
Shibata vs. Ishii (G1 Climax 2013)

Ithil

It did all come off like it was written in five minutes, the whole thing was rushed together. Ambrose and Reigns had a 9 minute main event, Reigns had like 40 seconds of celebration with quick confetti/fireworks, then HHH and Sheamus quickly appeared and the angle was over in a flash, end of story.

It was a totally truncated Summerslam 2013 redo.

xGhE7d3.gif

BUSHI & EVIL still need to prove themselves, but with La Sombra gone I'm gonna say Los Ingobernables Japan is the superior side of the group. Rush needs some new, less shitty team mates :p

I've always had a soft spot for Marco Corleone/Mark Jindrak, he's not great by any means but he's over as fuck and decent in the ring. La Mascara can go die in a fire. Rush is okay but he's always injured.

If you want to get back into wrestling, check out something different than WWE.

Check out Lucha Underground:
Grave Consequences from Lucha Underground (Mil Muertes vs. Fenix)
Vampiro vs. Pentagon Jr.

Or New Japan, with English commentary:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...-4-13-god-commentary-week-1-axs-tv-njpw_sport

Or with Japanese commentary, here's a great match:
Shibata vs. Ishii (G1 Climax 2013)

Heard good things about Lucha Underground so I'll try to find some more matches. I don't get the english broadcast network for that. I have occasionally seen NJPW pop up when browsing my guide though.

Thanks

Aiii

So not worth it
Mitb should have a time limit.

Honestly, I don't want them to get rid of it. But they should change it so it's good for a title shot, but with a weeks notice, no more surprise cash-ins. You win the briefcase, can cash it in at any time and get a title shot the next week. (Or, if there's a PPV, at the next PPV from that Raw).

That would be a lot more fun, imo, the surprise cash-in has been done to death, only Ziggler and Seth had sort-of surprising cash-ins that were worthwhile. The others ranged from terrible to mediocre.

Kornflayx

How about they try the approach they took with Mr. Kennedy. Give someone the briefcase and have them announce that they will cash in at WM. Build him up for a year (training montages etc.) and then have him win in a legit 1-on-1 match.

Just build someone up so that he can realistically be a main eventer by that point.

shanafan

meh that would defeat the purpose, I love the idea behind the MiTB contract, it was fun when Rollins had it... Sheamus was just a disaster of a choice

Storylines change so quickly in WWE. Their plans back in June when Sheamus won may have been completely different, so it may have made sense back in June when he won and fast forward to now, it makes no sense for Sheamus - who really is a mid-carder now - to have MiTB.

jmdajr

Already stated, but if the guy with the briefcase is a mistake, just have him fail during the cash in. It's ok it can happen. That's part of the game.

imBask

Banned
Storylines change so quickly in WWE. Their plans back in June when Sheamus won may have been completely different, so it may have made sense back in June when he won and fast forward to now, it makes no sense for Sheamus - who really is a mid-carder now - to have MiTB.

There is no logical plan where Sheamus is a champion and/or a contender, so I disagree UNLESS the plan was to change the MiTB contract to allow him to cash in on any title

Exodust

Banned
To think that the WWE had two main event calibre draws in a Punk and Bryan only for one to quit(justifiably in my opinion) and the other too injured to return.

Can't wait till Punk fucks up in UFC. Sad time for wrestling, especially since Rollins got bad booking till he had to give up the title due to injury. And now Cena's out to chill and focus on his reality show. All we have is Brock.

T_Exige

I prefer Sheamus, but this means that Reigns will soon be a 2 time heavyweight champion...

They should have done something radical like a heel Ambrose or Owens.

But if you look at the crowd ... They only like cookie cutter wrestlers ...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heard good things about Lucha Underground so I'll try to find some more matches. I don't get the english broadcast network for that. I have occasionally seen NJPW pop up when browsing my guide though.

Thanks

The LU match is one of my favorites of all year. Watch any and all LU you can find, because it's fantastic. El Rey puts a lot of the best ones up for free on YouTube because they recognize that it's a great way to get eyes on their product.

shanafan

I'm watching the PPV right now, and the pop for KO makes me happy

I think Owens is great on the mic, and is pretty good in the ring. For a guy his size, he did a flip off the corner last night. Pretty impressive.

I did see a sign for "Diet Owens Diet" lol

shanafan

There is no logical plan where Sheamus is a champion and/or a contender, so I disagree UNLESS the plan was to change the MiTB contract to allow him to cash in on any title

One of the few active heels that held a world championship before? Maybe that's why they gave him the belt. I would rather see Del Rio over Sheamus, but they had to put Roman in the finals.

Ithil

One of the few active heels that held a world championship before? Maybe that's why they gave him the belt. I would rather see Del Rio over Sheamus, but they had to put Roman in the finals.

I assume it's because if they picked Ambrose, Ambrose would be cheered over Reigns even as a heel.

kiguel182

The Paige vs Charlotte promo totally erased every mention to Reid. Clearly Flair wasn't lying.

I love cock rock but yeah.... I don't know.

I would be up for a throwback gimmick if it was self-aware. But it isn't. It seems like he actually thinks he looks cool. I don't even know.

imBask

Banned

ex-champion != good nor deserving

Khali was world champion at some point

shanafan

Reigns/Ambrose peppering their match with finisher kick outs was so sad.

I just hated seeing Roman win both matches with just a spear, not even with a Superman punch before or after the spear.

Even Goldberg followed up his spear with the Jackhammer. I just think the spear as a finisher has become pretty lame.

You're on.

I believe that Sheamus will cash in his MITB at Survivor Series 2015 to challenge the winner of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship tournament finals and win his cash-in championship match. If Sheamus does these things, Angry Grimace will wear an avatar of my choosing for 30 days. If Sheamus cashes in and fails to win his match, I will wear an avatar of Grimace's choosing for 30 days.

In the event that Sheamus does not cash in his MITB at Survivor Series 2015 or the match ends in a No Contest, the bet is nullified.

oh its on

Angry Grimace, please enjoy for the next 30 days:
MLP_FiM_%2329_CVR_HT.png

Please note that these were the other candidates:
John-Cena-got-owned-by-Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-29940524-900-563.png

1sg02HI.png

TmMqPch.png
(Actually, I think this was someone's avatar at one point.)

Bizazedo

It did all come off like it was written in five minutes, the whole thing was rushed together. Ambrose and Reigns had a 9 minute main event, Reigns had like 40 seconds of celebration with quick confetti/fireworks, then HHH and Sheamus quickly appeared and the angle was over in a flash, end of story.

It was a totally truncated Summerslam 2013 redo.

I was hoping against hope we'd have Ambrose make the save, Sheamus fail his cash-in, and have a face champion with a still-brother like ally basically on the run from the Authority.

Alas, it was not to be.

Top Bottom