• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

Also remember when Paige was cool? What happened?

Probably spent too long working the main roster without decent talent to work with. She was good in NXT, and then on the main roster when she went up the divas she had to work with just sucked the life out of anything she did before. Charlotte vs Paige isn't the match that will make divas on the main roster look good, not now. Give us Charlotte vs Sasha or Becky.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Tyler put the biggest smile on my face. "I lived my life...and everything was fine."

Fucking hilarious. Going to be my new motto

The whole promo was really funny. Googs it. That's an abbrev.

Giving him the Unprettier as his new finisher, though, well, I'll hope for the best.

It's either gonna be Reigns (if he's not champ), or Cena or Brock if he is

If it's Brock, congrats on a Mania repeat only this time there's no Seth or Sheamus to save the haters

Maybe they'll repeat the title-pulling from the gohome Raw too

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably spent too long working the main roster without decent talent to work with. She was good in NXT, and then on the main roster when she went up the divas she had to work with just sucked the life out of anything she did before. Charlotte vs Paige isn't the match that will make divas on the main roster look good, not now. Give us Charlotte vs Sasha or Becky.

Paige is better than Charlotte though. She's the actual problem. Isn't good at working matches on the road.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The only reason they gave the title to him at Mania, was because the crowds rejected Reigns.

They could have given the title to Lesnar. Lesnar beating Reigns wouldn't have buried Reigns in any way. Could have done a multitude of other things. They gave Rollins MitB because HHH sees Rollins as HHH 2.0.

I've edited that post a bunch but I'm just gonna disagree. Rollins has just about zero agency in anything that happened during his title run, started losing a lot and felt like he regressed as a character during his run.

He's not gonna be as big a star that the company is going to need in the next 5 years once Cena/Orton really start pulling back on appearances.

We know Vince likes going back to the well, and basically they're trying to re-do the Attitude Era. HHH & Steph = Vince, Rollins = HHH, Ambrose = Austin, Reigns = Rock. The "Corporate Champions" rarely had agency, and most of the people who want Rollins to have "agency" want him to have it so they can cheer him, because they want to cheer him for how good of a wrestler he is. I can't figure out if this is willful ignorance or just straight up ignorance - but wrestlers who win their matches, regardless of how they win them, will end up getting cheered. Lesnar, after beating the Undertaker's streak, managed to end up getting turned babyface. Mark Henry, after taking out JR during his Hall of Pain run, was getting cheers on Smackdown before he got injured. Rollins wrestles like a babyface. The WWE audience likes winners, regardless if they cheat, lie, or steal (Sup Eddie!) in doing so.

The reason heels have to keep losing in modern WWE is because otherwise folks would cheer them. Which, when thought about logically, points out that the reason that Rollins has to keep losing to stay heel is because the same audience that wants him to win will cheer him when he wins...which then makes him not a heel. So in a fantastic note of irony - RAW crowds are often the ones responsible for dominant heels going away as a thing. If you want dominant heels - STOP FUCKING CHEERING THEM WHEN THEY WIN.

Think of it this way, the most genuinely over heel in the company is probably Eva Marie.

Cena took time off to film some things actually, he's got a lot of gas left in the tank.

It's also been reported that his brother may not have much time left - so I suspect it was he wanted to take some time off to spend with his brother & family, and then do the show (since it will not take nearly as long to shoot).

Ithil

Paige was decent in NXT but she was never amazing, and she was definitely on a lower level than the Sasha/Becky/Bayley group (itself on a lower level than Asuka), which is partially because she was on top in a different time for the women there when they were straddling the old divas thing and their new women's division idea that only really coalesced a while after Paige and Emma had moved up.

Like when Paige was the main NXT female, they were still in that "we want you to wrestle like a diva" stage (which Sasha has mentioned as something they said to her when she had her tryout). Even though she was wrestling for a long time before WWE, it wasn't like it was in high profile stuff. She was called up just as the women started getting the new focus and match style.

thefro

So thinking about the Survivor Series, did the tourney help to elevate anyone stock?

Like even Roman winning it... didn't feel like a big watershed moment for him since he has been hovering at the top all year.

Ambrose is kind of stuck under the glass ceiling.

Like I can't think of anyone... maybe Kalisto who came out looking like money

Kalisto would be the only one it helped since his win was really the only "upset".

Compare that to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic in NXT:
- Pushed Balor & Joe as the top guys in NXT and set up their feud for the title
- Continued to push Corbin as a monster
- Jason Jordan & Chad Gable got over huge as a team
- Dash/Dawson got a big push and a win over the NXT tag champs which set up a match later for the title
- Enzo/Cass looked strong in winning an early match and then putting up a good fight against the Joe/Balor Superteam
- Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa got over as a tag team
- Started a brief Bull Dempsey/Tyler Breeze feud

Fox318

Dude bother jack. Macho Man isn't hurt. Those ragsheets are wrong. It's a work brother. The Internet is where you get the scoops. Observe this!

9CI5sfu.jpg

THIS IS THE GREATEST MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT MAGGLE

Man God

Non-Canon Member
THE RED AND YELLOW IS BACK BROTHER! STING, MACHO, and the rest of my little Hulkamaniacs will insure I win my title tonight at World War 3!

don't pay for the network

seriously, you guys are ruining the business, it's the equivalent of pre-ordering a new assassin's creed every month

Pfft! The Network is a ridiculous value. NXT and the Original Shows plus the back catalogue and $9.99 for PPV every month? C'mon son. Hell, I might buy a couple of Network gift cards to give out at Christmas to some cheap fans I know.

Kaladin

Paige was decent in NXT but she was never amazing, and she was definitely on a lower level than the Sasha/Becky/Bayley group (itself on a lower level than Asuka), which is partially because she was on top in a different time for the women there when they were straddling the old divas thing and their new women's division idea that only really coalesced a while after Paige and Emma had moved up.

Like when Paige was the main NXT female, they were still in that "we want you to wrestle like a diva" stage (which Sasha has mentioned as something they said to her when she had her tryout). Even though she was wrestling for a long time before WWE, it wasn't like it was in high profile stuff. She was called up just as the women started getting the new focus and match style.

I'll give you that, but you still have to admit that there has been a drop in quality in Paige's work rate since being on the main roster. If we had the Paige from her NXT days vs Charlotte, the match would have been better. We're still a few months away from seeing a real Divas Revolution match on PPV though.

So thinking about the Survivor Series, did the tourney help to elevate anyone stock?

Like even Roman winning it... didn't feel like a big watershed moment for him since he has been hovering at the top all year.

Ambrose is kind of stuck under the glass ceiling.

Like I can't think of anyone... maybe Kalisto who came out looking like money

Owens's stock would have gone up, but he's held back by his body.

JavyOO7

Welp, if there's one thing to take away from the PPV last night, its this...

Dolph Ziggler really sucks. And I'm super glad Breeze beat him. But Breeze should drop the Cristian finisher as soon as possible, maggle.

Anyway, this new Japan cup in march of this year is funny as hell so far. Yano just pulled Tanahashi to the canvas by his hair and won. The audience was so happy too!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Kane was close until he started messing with Rollins.

I think they could get Sheamus super over as a heel for RAW crowds if they have him hold the title till the Rumble or even maybe after - have him squash Dean, Neville, basically every single NXT / indy darling for a couple of months. Just openly troll smarks for a couple of months. I think the modern way to go with heels is the Eva Marie route.

Honestly, the die-hard fans are far more susceptible to getting played now than in the past. A couple of well sourced leaks about how "Reigns is in the doghouse" and "Vince doesn't believe the indy superstars are durable enough", as well as a "Sheamus is HHH's buddy" reports from the Observer, and, BAM, mega heel. Throw in Sheamus using few moves while Neville flies all around him - bam.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I fell asleep for the middle of SS, the last match I watched was the enjoyable traditional SS match. I generally liked the show though.

Anth0ny

Pfft! The Network is a ridiculous value. NXT and the Original Shows plus the back catalogue and $9.99 for PPV every month? C'mon son. Hell, I might buy a couple of Network gift cards to give out at Christmas to some cheap fans I know.

"keep doing what you're doing WWE I love it"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

seriously, you guys are ruining the business, it's the equivalent of pre-ordering a new assassin's creed every month

what if, now hear me out

what if I like the Network

what if I like Assassin's Creed

omg what a dilemma. FOR THE GOOD OF THE BUSINESS

cmon now.

imBask

Banned
what if, now hear me out

what if I like the Network

what if I like Assassin's Creed

omg what a dilemma. FOR THE GOOD OF THE BUSINESS

cmon now.

to each his own, but you're still killing the business by supporting it even in it's current state

if you like what you see, then more power to you but I don't see how that's possible. As I said I really hope they keep track of what people actually watch on the network and react accordingly, at the very least

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
nothing wrong with having low standards, sunny (you forgot wwe2k16)

I will never admit to enjoying it because it is NOT true. 2k16 is complete trash. Even computers hate it.

COMPUTERS HATE IT. Do you know how bad you have to be to make computers hate something?

Fox318

"We're going to get jiggy on these poseurs!" - WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Sheamus

Lol Macho's reaction

Lapsed fan covered that show recently and it just shows what a fucking insane person Hogan is.

He really thinks that the 4,000 people that read that newsletter at the time are the reason why he isn't getting over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
to each his own, but you're still killing the business by supporting it even in it's current state

if you like what you see, then more power to you but I don't see how that's possible. As I said I really hope they keep track of what people actually watch on the network and react accordingly, at the very least

You do know that the Network isn't just live events and current WWE, yes? I love their original programming and archived shows.

is Seph still suspended?

Yes, his wellness violation is only lifted after a patch

Mahonay

Banned
Oh I woke up this morning and the main event was playing, so I've seen that as well. I thought it was a bit heatless, but otherwise fine.
There's been way worse pro wrestling PPVs before, but fuck, it was so painfully predictable and lackluster. It felt like they didn't even try to put on an exciting show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

SPOILER:
They mainly watch the brand new PPVs. For 9.99.

Kaladin

You don't think they have the meta data on what fans use the Network for? They know if someone is subbing and watching just old material, and they know if someone is subbing for PPVs and NXT.

Rage quitting the Network out of hate for the current product is only hurting yourself.

imBask

Banned
You do know that the Network isn't just live events and current WWE, yes? I love their original programming and archived shows.

The money goes at the same place though, but if they see that 80% of people only watch old RAWs and NXT, I guess it could help them make a better product

theoretically

Top Bottom