• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Wait, EVIL's finisher is called....the EVIL?

That's....dumb.

He feels kinda outta place at the moment. And the audience has no idea what to do with him. Kinda hard to cheer EV-EH-LU I guess? Naito remains incredible and Bushi looks great so the stable remains fantastic imo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ZMUMf5W.jpg

What an awesome group of dudes.

kiguel182

It's the same thing we see time and again - give someone the opportunity to find themselves, and actually riff on their own material, instead of someone else's.

Talent gets over, despite the best efforts of the writers to undermine them. Except Roman, obviously.

Pretty much. He is again a case of how it wasn't a lack of talent but actually bad material that kept him down.

Cases like his should inspire WWE to let their talent improvise more or contribute more to the creative process instead of that stuff being handled by second rate soap opera writers.

If you're named "Mark," why would you become a professional wrestler? Especially if you're intelligent; you'll just be a smart Mark to the bookers.

8am is too damn early, don't know how you 9 - 5 people do it. I'm going in early today to get my hours before we shut down for Thanksgiving.

I'm up and working by 5 a.m. Monday-Friday, and my body wakes me up at the same time on the weekends, too. No sleeping in for me. Ever.

Barrage

Maaaan, watching Breaking Ground and Mojo seems really good with the fans. My worry is that as the WWE becomes more and more workrate-focused, Mojo might struggle to find a spot. Early 90s he woulda been golden.

I always want the workers who are actual good people to have jobs for life (i.e. Titus).

Sunny, what are the plans for The Carnies this year?

Last year's poll, in case anyone was wondering.

Categories were:
Male WWE Superstar of the Year
Best Non-WWE Wrestler
Tag Team of 2014
Best Women's Wrestler of 2014
WWE Match of the Year
Non-WWE Match of the Year
Promotion of the Year
Best on the Mic
Best New Gimmick
Best Angle of 2014
Best Face
Best Heel
Best Special Show of 2014
Comeback of the Year
Most Improved Wrestler
"The Drizzling Shits" Award - Worst On-Screen Performer
"The Max Moon" Award - Worst New Gimmick
"I'm Marking Out, Bro" Award - Mark-out moment of the year
"The Cesaro Award" - Most underutilized performer of 2014
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
"I'm So Ashamed of Being a Wrestling Fan" Award
"The Claire Lynch Award" - Worst Angle of 2014
"The Great Khali Award" - Time to Retire in 2015
Gif of the Year
"What a Maneuver!" Award - Best Finisher
"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year
WrassleGAF Community MVP Award
"I'm Legit Shook" Award

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, what are the plans for The Carnies this year?

Last year's poll, in case anyone was wondering.

Categories were:
Male WWE Superstar of the Year
Best Non-WWE Wrestler
Tag Team of 2014
Best Women's Wrestler of 2014
WWE Match of the Year
Non-WWE Match of the Year
Promotion of the Year
Best on the Mic
Best New Gimmick
Best Angle of 2014
Best Face
Best Heel
Best Special Show of 2014
Comeback of the Year
Most Improved Wrestler
"The Drizzling Shits" Award - Worst On-Screen Performer
"The Max Moon" Award - Worst New Gimmick
"I'm Marking Out, Bro" Award - Mark-out moment of the year
"The Cesaro Award" - Most underutilized performer of 2014
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
"I'm So Ashamed of Being a Wrestling Fan" Award
"The Claire Lynch Award" - Worst Angle of 2014
"The Great Khali Award" - Time to Retire in 2015
Gif of the Year
"What a Maneuver!" Award - Best Finisher
WrassleGAF Community MVP Award
"I'm Legit Shook" Award

I'll figure it out. Work is crazy. I don't have any issue with the categories, except adjusting some of the titles. Nobody remembers Claire Lynch at this point.

Barrage

So there is a bump for the Royal Rumble, the lead into Wrestlemania and the lead into Summerslam.

Makes sense.

The PPVs having their seperate threads in the Off-Topic makes a major difference. The Summerslam OT got almost 5,000 posts by itself.

If you combined the threads,almost every month would get OT2.

Aiii

So not worth it
Diesel nearly killed the WWF, so it's really fitting that under Neo-Diesel we are pretty much returning to form.

WWE really is lucky they have no competition.

Ever since I became our top guy, you marks keep complaining about me being pushed too soon. Sorry for not being an internet darling like Bronx-Man. But you marks aint gotta like me. You all pay damn good money and you have every right to voice your feelings. One day you'll come around. I'll open all your eyes. A pair at a time if I gotta. -cocks my left buttock- balee dat.

Heroman

Banned
Ever since I became our top guy, you marks keep complaining about me being pushed too soon. Sorry for not being an internet darling like Bronx-Man. But you marks aint gotta like me. You all pay damn good money and you have every right to voice your feelings. One day you'll come around. I'll open all your eyes. A pair at a time if I gotta. -cocks my left buttock- balee dat.
Who said you were our top guy?

Comeback of the Year (2014)
Damien Sandow
Johnny Mundo
A.J. Styles
Tyson Kidd
Ryback

What a list.

"The Cesaro Award"
Most Underutilized Performer of 2014?
Titus O'Neil
Justin Gabriel
Tyson Kidd
Heath Slater
Cesaro

The more things change.

"I'm So Ashamed of Being A Wrestling Fan" Award
What was the most shameful moment of 2014?
WWE Network pandering
Little Jimmy appears to cost Cena a match against Wyatt
The Bunny's humping him Maggle!
Growing up Bella videos
Charlotte's main roster debut and roll-up loss

Oh God, I had completely forgotten about the Bunny.

Speaking of things changing, #DivasRevolution.

"The Great Khali Award"
Who's shelf life is done? Time to Retire in 2015?
Keiji Mutoh
Kane
Vince McMahon
Jushin Liger
Big Show

Not one of these fuckers retired.

Who was consistently their own biggest fan, and tried the make the most money off of themselves?
Dixie Carter
Chris Jericho
Vince McMahon
CM Punk
Colt Cabana

While Keiji Inafune would take this award almost without competition, we cannot in good conscience nominate him for the WrassleGAF "Carny Motherfucker" of the Year award.

jmdajr

Hulu RAW wasn't bad. Reigns got a positive reaction, New Day was funny, Paige and Flair didn't do bad, and they even made Neville look good. I was ok with it.

Aiii

So not worth it

You're our Camacho, friend.

bjork

There won't be an OT2 because of this community's unfair bias against Big Sexy. If this was Bryanovember you fools would be on OT6 by now.

It's early, but it feels like this year's World Tag League isn't as bad as last year's. I hope that we get an appearance by Curry Man at the end of this tour.

#FrecklesteinEmpire

Top Bottom