• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I don't have a gimmick

Not you.

Also, I just got showed up over in the WWE ratings topic. I'm not gonna be pressing as hard on the 'your opinion doesn't matter, WWE is marketed to kids' thing from now on. I'll still press on it a little bit, but I understand why I got the wrong impression, why it seems I am wrong, and I'll eat this big pile of crow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You just have a big personality, Sunny Mac.

And shitty opinions.

lmI6LgY.gif

Speaking of opinions, these old NWA shows on the Network are dope, and Total Divas S4 dropped. It's a good day to have a Network sub.

JavyOO7

Good on the WWE network team to upload the NWA stuff yesterday and today. Now how about old Superstars and Wrestling Challenge, eh...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good on the WWE network team to upload the NWA stuff yesterday and today. Now how about old Superstars and Wrestling Challenge, eh...

There's no pleasing fans! I'm honestly thrilled it's there, and from a hot period too. LOTS of dope fucking Tully and Arn.

Evolve tourny so far

Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway
-Roppongi Vice of Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero
-The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with So Cal Val
Zack Sabre Jr and TBA
Tommy And and TBA

Well, now we know who's teaming with Thatcher:

Timothy Thatcher & Zack Sabre Jr.
Chris Hero and Tommy End

Also, there's a pretty good EVOLVE sale right now: all EVOLVE, WWN Supershow, SHINE, and ACW BR for $10 each, DVDs for $7.50 each, and iPPVs at $9.99 each.

imBask

Banned
He already is, it's just fun to pretend he has zero involvement since people like it
wrestlingincgarbage 6 days ago said:
According to Triple H, McMahon loves NXT because it is still his company, even if he is not as hands on with the product as he is with the rest of WWE's programming. Triple H said that NXT was designed to fill a certain niche.
wrestlenewspostgargbage in october this year said:
During today’s media conference call, Triple H confirmed that Vince McMahon does not have any creative input in NXT.

you'd like that

So Shemouse is the champ eh?

I guess the only thing that can save WWE now is if the McMahon's and the entire 'creative' team get removed and replaced with the LU production team. I'll stick my head around the Titan Towers door again at the Rumble... although that said, I did that for the last two and both left a nasty taste so maybe not.

When is LU due to start up again?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-longest-current-wwe-superstar-tenures
10 longest current tenures in WWE

#10 The Miz (3,463 days; debut; SmackDown, June 2, 2006)
#9 Hornswoggle (3,470 days; debut: SmackDown, May 26, 2006)
#8 Dolph Ziggler (3,593 days; debut: Raw, Jan. 23, 2006)
#7 John Cena (4,899 days; debut; SmackDown, June 27, 2002)
#6 Randy Orton (4,962 days; debut; SmackDown, April 25, 2002)
#5 Big Show (6,128 days; debut; St. Valentine’s Day Massacre: In Your House — 1999)
#4 Kane (6,625 days; debut; In Your House: Badd Blood — 1997)
#3 Mark Henry (7,198 days; debut: Raw, March 11, 1996)
#2 Triple H (7,514 days; debut: Wrestling Challenge, April 30, 1995)
#1 The Undertaker (9,134 days; debut: Survivor Series 1990)

The large gaps between groups of people are interesting.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Shemouse is the champ eh?

I guess the only thing that can save WWE now is if the McMahon's and the entire 'creative' team get removed and replaced with the LU production team. I'll stick my head around the Titan Towers door again at the Rumble... although that said, I did that for the last two and both left a nasty taste so maybe not.

When is LU due to start up again?

January! Good times.

As for WWE, just watch the Rumble and Mania, they'll do video packages before each match that tell you whatever story there is anyways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just the creative part?

Also, I get the feeling New Day's Open Challenge may continue, and may be a vessel to deliver Enzo and Cass and Carmella and it'd be a heck of a debut. The thought of those three interacting with New Day is so appealing.

Sephzilla

#5 Big Show (6,128 days; debut; St. Valentine’s Day Massacre: In Your House — 1999)

I guess with Kane they aren't counting the Isaac Yankem or Fake Diesel runs

Wednesday night wrestling

ROH
The House of Truth vs. Michael Elgin and Moose
ROH TV Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Roderick Strong

-I think the early reviews for this Lethal vs. Strong were very strong.

TNA Impact
Kenny King vs. Crzzy Steve
Robbie E. vs. Davey Richards
Micah vs. Jessie Godderz
Bram vs. Grado
Drew Galloway vs. Rockstar Spud
Manik vs. DJ Z vs. Tigre Uno
Lashley vs. Austin Aries

NXT
Apollo Crews vs. Jesse Sorensen
Dana Brooke vs. Asuka
NXT Tag Team Championship match: Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder (c) vs. The Vaudevillains
NXT Women's Championship match: Bayley (c) vs. Eva Marie

-This is where the build to NXT TakeOver: London should begin in earnest, and the fact that they're holding Bayley vs. Eva Marie this early means something.

Either way, LIGHTS FLASHIN' WHEN WE STEP IN THE PLACE AND YOU CAN FEEL THE RAW EXCITEMENT FROM THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE. THE TRUTH IS, YOU CAN FIND US WHEREVER YOU ARE JUST LOOK UP, YOU'RE FLYING HIGH WITH THE STARS 'CAUSE

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Aiii

So not worth it
Is it just the creative part?

Also, I get the feeling New Day's Open Challenge may continue, and may be a vessel to deliver Enzo and Cass and Carmella and it'd be a heck of a debut. The thought of those three interacting with New Day is so appealing.

I think Vince is using NXT and the Performance Center project to have Triple H get some experience so once its time for him and Steph to take over WWE, the shareholders won't go "but these fucks have no experience, they can't be the CEO of a company like this."

But that's just my personal theory.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Vince is using NXT and the Performance Center project to have Triple H get some experience so once its time for him and Steph to take over WWE, the shareholders won't go "but these fucks have no experience, they can't be the CEO of a company like this."

But that's just my personal theory.

It isn't wrong. He knows that from a board of directors standpoint, he has no college education in business so he has to PROVE it with experience. This is the best shot at that.

thefro

Taka Michinoku vs Brian Christopher was a classic.

It's really amazing how much talent they got for Vince not caring about the division.
- Taka
- Great Sasuke
- Rest of Kaientai: Funaki/Togo/Teoh
- Tajiri
- Super Crazy (Super Loco back then)
- Essa Rios/Papi Chulo/Mr. Aguila
- Pantera
- Hardys were already on TV doing jobs at this point
- Christopher Daniels was under a developmental deal and doing some jobs on TV in early 1998
- All the other CMLL guys they got for Los Super Astros like El Hijo Del Santo & Negro Casas
- You obviously could have stuck 2 Cold Scorpio in there too if the weight limit was 230 lbs like WCW's was.

You ended up with Brian Christopher and Scott Putski feuding.

Oh, Essa Rios/Mr Aguila/Papi Chulo is still a year younger than Sheamus.

imBask

Banned
It isn't wrong. He knows that from a board of directors standpoint, he has no college education in business so he has to PROVE it with experience. This is the best shot at that.

it's a good move from Vince, but then again I wanna give credit to HHH because a show like NXT wasn't guaranteed to be a success. In the wrong hands that show could've turned to shit real fast and he's handling it like a true king of kings

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's a good move from Vince, but then again I wanna give credit to HHH because a show like NXT wasn't guaranteed to be a success. In the wrong hands that show could've turned to shit real fast and he's handling it like a true king of kings

Well, most upstart promotions can't work with as big of a loss as NXT is. WWE financing it allows them to ride out the shitty times and sign big talent. It's not really "Fair" compared to other promotions, but business is business.

Sooo... is Vinnie Mac deliberately making the main roster crappy to make H appear more capable than he actually is?

5153dd38a1eb3c9d60b0e02691a581bc.jpg

imBask

Banned
Well, most upstart promotions can't work with as big of a loss as NXT is. WWE financing it allows them to ride out the shitty times and sign big talent. It's not really "Fair" compared to other promotions, but business is business.

well I mean, not just on a financial standpoint, but on a booking and general scripting aspect... it's pretty easy to make a wrestling show bad, no matter who you got on the roster

Christian officially done then, eh~

January! Good times.

As for WWE, just watch the Rumble and Mania, they'll do video packages before each match that tell you whatever story there is anyways.

Yeah, I think that's definitely the healthiest way to consume WWE at the moment (aside from not consuming it at all, obviously).

Hyped about the return of LU, such a shame Alberto decided to leave being great there for being underused at WWE again though. Would like to see a Mundo match follow up. Any word on Mysterio joining?

Entropia

No One Remembers

If Kane was counted as his other characters, he'd be in 2nd, no?

Edit: Nope, he'd only move up ahead of Mark Henry. His first appearance was a couple months after Triple H debuted.

If Kane was counted as his other characters, he'd be in 2nd, no?

Edit: Nope, he'd only move up ahead of Mark Henry. His first appearance was a couple months after Triple H debuted.

I would presume so - they need to show some love and respect to Isaac Yankem and Non-Diesel.

Looking at that list has made me realise - thank fuck they didn't roll out the Big Show to get the belt on Sunday. I bet it was a close call though. It always is.

Ithil

lol at saying anybody's filling AT&T Stadium

Place is sold out but you know at least a few people who got tickets are gonna sell theirs, if they haven't already because of how the product's gotten

They didn't sell out WM 31, and that was set up for about 65k.

Dear God, I forgot he was Isaac Yankem. I have an unusually clear memory of that story line. The Lawler Bret feud was always shit but then it was a 'kiss my foot match?' Bret put his foot in lawlers mouth, requiring his to get his dentist involved. It's kind of disgusting how much I loved the New Generation.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do believe most Mania's don't legit sell-out.

They'll tell you they sold out and give you a bogus attendance number that is "record-breaking" none-the-less, though.

Dear God, I forgot he was Isaac Yankem. I have an unusually clear memory of that story line. The Lawler Bret feud was always shit but then it was a 'kiss my foot match?' Bret put his foot in lawlers mouth, requiring his to get his dentist involved. It's kind of disgusting how much I loved the New Generation.

Yep, If I remember correctly, at the first (PPV) King of the Ring, Bret won so Lawler attacked him afterwards (because he's the real king, obviously) and then they were in a feud for like, thirty years? The kiss my foot angle is pretty hard to forget, I also have vivid memories.
Amazing what useless shit my brain decides to retain, actually.

Edit: new Paige.
41c7rFW2wUL._SY300_.jpg

Sunny, what are your thoughts about Rise of the Tomb Raider? I am blown away. Think this just auto shot up to my top 5

I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the full 60 on it myself, not finding many black friday deals but I really, really want to check it out. Lifelong fan of the series, loved the reboot. Lean into the wind brother, HH.

Top Bottom