• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, what are your thoughts about Rise of the Tomb Raider? I am blown away. Think this just auto shot up to my top 5

It's pretty good. It's pretty fucking good. Stopped me from playing everything else. Fallout 4 can wait, that game's not very good anyhow. Tomb Raider is the fucking REALNESS.

Recall

I do believe most Mania's don't legit sell-out.

They'll tell you they sold out and give you a bogus attendance number that is "record-breaking" none-the-less, though.

Royal Rumble 1997 had almost 19,000 tickets given away for free yet still didn't stop them inflating the number they drew.

I think Fallout 4 is my biggest disappointment of the year.

At least you'll get the complete edition with all the DLC. It's not like there's not plenty of stuff to play right now, there is no rush.

That is true, although i'm feeling Fallout fatigue (a common side effect of Bethesda games for me, I hit the midpoint and have to put them down for a few weeks to find the spark again) and Battlefront was fun for an hour. Seriously, fuck that stunningly beautiful game.

So with that in mind, I could do with a fun action adventure title right now, especially as I really enjoyed the one from a couple of years ago.

How was WWE2k this year? Shite, or slightly less shite than usual but still shite? Worth a bargain price if I can find one?

I think Fallout 4 is my biggest disappointment of the year.

I have been disappointed by it, however I put it down to familiarity more than anything else. I've played through all the Bethseda open world games from Oblivion onwards... it gets to a point where you notice you're just playing the same game in a different shade of lipstick. But i've felt like that about a lot of games from the past couple of years - BLOPS 2 is (obviously) another recent example.

I thought Arkham was this years biggest let down though. Life is Strange, Rocket League and Her Story were my biggest surprises, I understand Undertale is also great but i've only played an hour so far. Seems good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They'll tell you they sold out and give you a bogus attendance number that is "record-breaking" none-the-less, though.

You just give shit away if you need a filled house which they absolutely do. They'll sell like 70K and give the rest to random people.

Don't. Even computers hate it. DON'T.

When this man speaks...

uFTxkJp.gif

I listen. No WWE2KShitfest for me this year. How long until Yukes disappears from the face of the earth?

Fallout 4 was good, main quest kinda stunk though.

It won't topple my GOTY which might be Rocket League when all is said and done. Pending Justr Cause 3 doesn't blow my god damn mind.

After a night's rest, I still think Creed might be the best movie i've seen this year so far. Moreso than Mad Max. Maybe.

Fuckin Adonis Creed. Brass ring grabbing motherfucker right there.

How was WWE2k this year? Shite, or slightly less shite than usual but still shite? Worth a bargain price if I can find one?

I am loving it from a gameplay standpoint but it's still a glitch fest. If you didn't like the gameplay last year you will not like it this year. It's the same philosophy. Personally, the pacing is just right for me.

I am loving it from a gameplay standpoint but it's still a glitch fest. If you didn't like the gameplay last year you will not like it this year. It's the same philosophy. Personally, the pacing is just right for me.

I'm one of those annoying people that never got over the AKI games though. If it plays anything like the shitfest I bought on PSN for a tenner a few years back (the one with the Rock hogging the cover) then i'll steer completely clear.

Just give us an unbranded, highly customisable re-skin of the AKI engine. If I had that I probably wouldn't play anything else. Except for maybe Rocksmith.

The thing that they continue to overlook is that the AKI games had wonderful core gameplay. It was a great wrestling sim first, and then the branding was just tacked on afterwards. Now it's 90% branding and 10% "gameplay".

Ithil

WM32 will be the most absurd one ever. The building will be set up for 80k, and won't sellout, but they'll not only want to announce over 100k, but break the current attendance record for the building, so they're going to add about 30k fictional people.

bjork

There's a joke here that would get me banned. You sly dog you. Nice try.

?

I was just watching that promo and wondered who found him to be some hot dude, because he's always looked like the same guy until some point after his storyline where he co-owned WWF or whatever. Just different haircuts, like a Mr. Potato.

WM32 will be the most absurd one ever. The building will be set up for 80k, and won't sellout, but they'll not only want to announce over 100k, but break the current attendance record for the building, so they're going to add about 30k fictional people.

The upper deck will be 10,000 WWF cardboard standees with "ROMAN SECTION" signs taped to their hands.

Didn't they do that for Bryan for totally different reasons? He was already over.

They did it for Bryan with the end goal being he never gets the belt, but fans whined and made them give it to him in the end. The mentality is they'll do the same for Reigns, even with the end goal being he gets the belt eventually. Best case is it only goes to TLC, worst case it goes all the way to Mania. Buckle up

Said it before, and I'll say it again: that's one of the top 5 WWE recap packages they've ever made.

1. "My Way"
2. "Running Up That Hill"
3. "Monster"

Also, Daniel Bryan's only 34.

Kate Bush?? This is the weirdest thing i've heard about the 'E since my brother told me they were using Peter Gabriel's 'Big Time' for a Wrestelmania. I thought the noughties music playlist was just dreadful faceless Nu Metal bands, gently segueing into dreadful faceless overtly autotuned pop acts in the past few years.

jmdajr

They did it for Bryan with the end goal being he never gets the belt, but fans whined and made them give it to him in the end. The mentality is they'll do the same for Reigns, even with the end goal being he gets the belt eventually. Best case is it only goes to TLC, worst case it goes all the way to Mania. Buckle up

Reigns should face Brock at mania with Brock as Champion. But at this time I don't know how you get to that point.

Reigns win the Rumble again? lol.

Anth0ny

Reigns should face Brock at mania with Brock as Champion. But at this time I don't know how you get to that point.

maybe they've become aware that the main draw of the rumble is the inevitable clusterfuck that it devolves into by the end of the show.

if so, absolutely give reigns that rumble win.

imBask

Banned

why did you add a "lol"? it's happening, it's either him or Cena, there are ZERO chance anyone else wins it, unless Reigns is champion by then and Brock wins the rumble, that's the only other possibiity I see

jmdajr

I think Brock should win the Rumble simply because it would be cool.

Storyline wise it makes no sense though. Well, not with how things are now.

notworksafe

I think Brock should win the Rumble simply because it would be cool.

Storyline wise it makes no sense though. Well, not with how things are now.

But just imagine him showing up at 27, clearing the ring solo, and then tossing out the next few competitors like they aren't shit. It'd be glorious!

bjork

But just imagine him showing up at 27, clearing the ring solo, and then tossing out the next few competitors like they aren't shit. It'd be glorious!

Imagine him having a match earlier in the night where he absolutely decimates someone, maybe a tag team. Then he comes out at 30, and everyone in the ring jumps over the top rope, so he wins without even walking down the ramp.

Brock should enter the Rumble at #1, dominate the whole match, and then either win OR have whoever they want him to feud with for 'Mania get a surprise elimination on him.

If they want to set up HHH/Reigns for WM, I'd say have HHH enter the Rumble at #30 and win. Pair that with Cena vs. Undertaker, Brock vs. ....uh, somebody (my pick is Orton, if he's better by then), those are prob their best bet for getting good attendance.

notworksafe

Imagine him having a match earlier in the night where he absolutely decimates someone, maybe a tag team. Then he comes out at 30, and everyone in the ring jumps over the top rope, so he wins without even walking down the ramp.

also acceptable, and I'm sure Brock would be happy to take the same pay for less work

Anth0ny

royal rumble prediction:

reigns is cleaning house

enters at #1 and has eliminated 15 men, breaking his own record

#30 comes out and it's a man we haven't seen for quite some time

��������

17djyaF.gif

cena eliminates reigns to the biggest pop of his career

reigns' entire existence was just a way to make cena look strong

Brock should enter the Rumble at #1, dominate the whole match, and then either win OR have whoever they want him to feud with for 'Mania get a surprise elimination on him.

If they want to set up HHH/Reigns for WM, I'd say have HHH enter the Rumble at #30 and win. Pair that with Cena vs. Undertaker, Brock vs. ....uh, somebody (my pick is Orton, if he's better by then), those are prob their best bet for getting good attendance.

That F5-countered-into-an-RKO has to happen sometime.

notworksafe

HHH winning the rumble...WWE would just be courting a 3rd year of solid boos

Kate Bush?? This is the weirdest thing i've heard about the 'E since my brother told me they were using Peter Gabriel's 'Big Time' for a Wrestelmania. I thought the noughties music playlist was just dreadful faceless Nu Metal bands, gently segueing into dreadful faceless overtly autotuned pop acts in the past few years.

Big Time is secretly the best WM theme.

Face HHH wins the Rumble

Wins the Mania main event and belt

Next night, 3 hour promo amidst nonstop boos of him saying how he always has to do everything himself and that's why he is the greatest to ever live or breathe

Commentators and talent come out to agree and shake his hand

HHH winning the rumble...WWE would just be courting a 3rd year of solid boos

Except HHH is a heel, so that's the reaction you WANT for him winning. Though they might be well-advised not to have Roman Reigns come out and confront Haitch, as that might shatter the illusion somewhat.

On the other hand, the Reigns/Haitch confrontation on Raw got a pretty good reaction from the crowd, so I think crowds would actually be pretty into a Reigns/HHH match. I know I would be, at least.

Top Bottom