• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
inb4 Smiley makes a 2nd GAF team that inevitably knocks the OG GAF team out of the EASHL playoffs
ck0slb0.gif

This guy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goalies seem to fumble with the puck a lot more this year, they don't automatically pick it up like in 12 for the most part.

Stat!

Skating engine feels nice - loving the game so far. Like how loose the puck and how active the sticks are. Hitting is okay but feels great when you line up a booming hit. Board play is just ....gone. I mean, it's incredibly hard to hold someone on the boards if they are right by it.

Still some bad goalie moments (like when they play the puck) but overall great stuff with the goalies. They have made some ridiculous saves. And the one timer across the slot seems gone.

What I don't like? Losing a game because their stick goes right through me. I mean, it's just ridiculous I think at this stage.

Do love? Shooting. No longer will it be a slap shot or a one timer to score. Simple wrists and snap shots go in. Lots of rebounds.

As all have said, game looks great visually. Looking forward to what this will all mean when we have our games and there are multiple people but looks great so far. I hope the netcode is improved and things are more instant.

After a thorough back and forth with Noz, I’ve come to a difficult decision: I’m going to hang up my cleats. Vis-a-Vizualiser, I’m going to un-quit quitting. I cannot be an effective coach from behind the glass. So I’ve decided to bring the glass onto the ice with me.

Here’s the way I see it:

1) Those who cannot do, teach
2) Do as I say, not as I do.
3) Where did I leave my glasses?

I’m going to be on the ice. Doing what I excel at: teaching you how to win by playing terrible hockey consistently. If you want to win, watch someone like Millie. But if you truly want to be coached, watch me calling for passes from the goalie and starting fights while Marvie is on a breakaway.

I’m not sure where this puts us, but I’m sure that it’s motivating. And that’s why I’m here: I’m a motivator. I’m a god damned son of a bitch with the will of a thousand camels pounding the tightest eighteen year old needle you can imagine.

I need to make things clear: You guys are a bunch of winners. You’re used to winning and it’s made you soft. And I know soft. I’m almost as old as Viz and that means I understand marital problems downstairs. In my house we say, “If it’s soft enough to stuff, it’s hard enough for me.”

What I mean to say is that you need to toughen up: You guys are a bunch of losers. You’ve given up and gotten used to losing. You lose Marvie every other game, you lose Viz every other period. You lose Pheenix every other bong rip.

And most importantly, you’ve lost all of your self-respect, which is the only reason you’re still buying NHL year after year after year.

Welcome to NHL 13, team.

Marvie_3

Banned
After a thorough back and forth with Noz, I’ve come to a difficult decision: I’m going to hang up my cleats. Vis-a-Vizualiser, I’m going to un-quit quitting. I cannot be an effective coach from behind the glass. So I’ve decided to bring the glass onto the ice with me.

Here’s the way I see it:

I’m going to be on the ice. Doing what I excel at: teaching you how to win by playing terrible hockey consistently. If you want to win, watch someone like Millie. But if you truly want to be coached, watch me calling for passes from the goalie and starting fights while Marvie is on a breakaway.

I’m not sure where this puts us, but I’m sure that it’s motivating. And that’s why I’m here: I’m a motivator. I’m a god damned son of a bitch with the will of a thousand camels pounding the tightest eighteen year old needle you can imagine.

I need to make things clear: You guys are a bunch of winners. You’re used to winning and it’s made you soft. And I know soft. I’m almost as old as Viz and that means I understand marital problems downstairs. In my house we say, “If it’s soft enough to stuff, it’s hard enough for me.”

What I mean to say is that you need to toughen up: You guys are a bunch of losers. You’ve given up and gotten used to losing. You lose Marvie every other game, you lose Viz every other period. You lose Pheenix every other bong rip.

And most importantly, you’ve lost all of your self-respect, which is the only reason you’re still buying NHL year after year after year.

Welcome to NHL 13, team.
josZVMQGuR3Jd.jpg

Oh man, I just saw this doozy in the OP:

MARVIE OF ALL PEOPLE said:
  • Rage quitting must be kept to a minimum.
  • No bashing or finger pointing in game or in the thread, constructive criticism is ok but no personal attacks.

We're really trying to change things up this year, eh?

As head coach, I won't stand for this. I demand my rights. This nanny state has gone on long enough.

Here’s the way I see it:

Welcome to NHL 13, team.

Oh man, I just saw this doozy in the OP:

We're really trying to change things up this year, eh?

As head coach, I won't stand for this. I demand my rights. This nanny state has gone on long enough.

ZnqQ5.gif

Take a lap, son. We kicked you out because you were a smart ass.

Snakes, my man, you gotta slow it down

you are giving us too many classic posts in such a short amount of time, the season hasn't even started yet

I need this quantity of quality, consistently, throughout the year

its marathon not a sprint, don't blow your load yet...

LiveWire

Still got room for me? In the past in was C/LW but I'm happy to play any position (even goalie, gonna start practicing that position this year).

Top Bottom