• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Go back to that keyboard mishap you call your club thread.

Sohardcore.jpg

moop1167

I agree with Viz, and forcing cross-creases doesn't work quite as well this year from what I have played in the demo, which I kind of like.

zsswimmer

Marv and I can play goalie if needed, if we're not going to do it all the time then theres no point have a tryout for that position.

moop1167

You mean glitching? It still works its just more difficult and you have to be better positioned.

That and the fact that passing is a little tougher in general. I'll just be laying marinara right into your wheelhouse so do with it what you please. You haven't even seen the alfredo yet.

so yea i've been thinking...

I don't really wanna play with human goalies, especially at the start of the season

I can give a laundry list of reasons why, but I'll simplify it to:

• the goalies seem better this year especially on cross crease
  • I play defenseman mostly and it makes my job a lot harder when we play with a human
  • I don't see the upside to using one outside the extra team XP aspect that Show was always raving about which I really don't give a shit about.
I'd say if guys wanna give it a try once it awhile thats cool, but I don't think we should be starting off the season anticipating using them nor recruiting them

thoughts? (don't chime in if you arent on the roster, I don't give a shit about your opinions)
My thoughts are that I don't understand why EA keeps making it harder to score. They should make it easier. Then people won't resort to glitch goals (normal goals will be more reliable) and people can play goalie all they want since the AI won't automatically be better in 90% of cases.

Real talk.

Marvie_3

Banned
That and the fact that passing is a little tougher in general. I'll just be laying marinara right into your wheelhouse so do with it what you please. You haven't even seen the alfredo yet.

Go on vacation already.

My thoughts are that I don't understand why EA keeps making it harder to score. They should make it easier. Then people won't resort to glitch goals (normal goals will be more reliable) and people can play goalie all they want since the AI won't automatically be better in 90% of cases.

Real talk.
They should just fix the goalies so you can't score on the same shot over and over again. Make it so that if a goalie sees the same shot being attempted repeatedly, they anticipate it and stop it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goalie anticipation would fix a lot of the bullshit, I don't understand why it's so hard to implement that. Even in the 13 demo, I've scored 3 of the exact same goals in one game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Coming from the king of posting of shitty gifs, that is a true insult. I let myself down and my new superior hockey club down.

zsswimmer

I got a question. Since they put LT as skating backwards (LT is vision control in 12) will my defensive positioning be harder to do since I wont be able to use vision control. I tried playing defense on HUT and it just felt off to me

I got a question. Since they put LT as skating backwards (LT is vision control in 12) will my defensive positioning be harder to do since I wont be able to use vision control. I tried playing defense on HUT and it just felt off to me

It's skating backwards and vision control.

I'm not a huge fan of how it works either. It seems like I can never get my d-man to face the puck right away when I'm in my own zone.

I'm still waiting for you to toss a fight my way, ol' man.

I ain't fighting you or no one else, that's what my personal bodyguard Swim is for. He protects the good players from the scrub instigators while I stay on the ice and do what I do

Vis fights like a girl, I should know.

I took a dive to help your self esteem in a friendly GAF vs GAF match, don't let it go to your head, son.

But since you're so good at fighting you can be my bodyguard too once you win enough MLG Halo tourneys to get some money to buy the game :)

JambiBum

Played goalie today. Forgot how restrictive the controls can be. Cross crease pass that I should easily be able to breakup? Nah I think I'll just stay attached to this post instead.

Blinding

I took a dive to help your self esteem in a friendly GAF vs GAF match, don't let it go to your head, son.

But since you're so good at fighting you can be my bodyguard too once you win enough MLG Halo tourneys to get some money to buy the game :)

Pffft, that was a horrible dive then.

Halo 4 sucks, I'm moving onto CS:GO for my FPS needs. Looks like I might be able to get it the week of release, we'll see tho.

Marvie_3

Banned
Played goalie today. Forgot how restrictive the controls can be. Cross crease pass that I should easily be able to breakup? Nah I think I'll just stay attached to this post instead.
I dunno....feels like they improved the controls to me......slightly. Won't know for sure until I can try them online.

Top Bottom