• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Stat!

it's always good to have versatile players, generally D-man spots have been open more than forwards the past couple years during most sessions. Welcome to the blueline, can't wait to yell at you all game long if we get paired together :)

as far as builds, I think I'm gonna go with 2-Way D-Man to start off for my defensemen. Mainly choosing that over Defensive D-Man because the poke check seems pretty effective with everyone in the demo already regardless of their stats and more importantly to make sure my passing stats are at least decent.

For my Center build it's gonna come down to Grinder or Power Forward this year. On the EA forums they said Grinder will have the highest caps for faceoffs and speed, which is intriguing. But I'm strictly gonna play as a Tomas Holmstrom type player and just park my big ass in front of the goalie all year long and setup screens and deflections (which work waaaay better in 13 Demo) when I play Center, so Power Forward with crazy strength might be the way to go for me.

You can yell at me all you want. After all, it turns me on slightly anyways. For my dman, I'll probably be the same thing. Two-way, good passing defenseman.

Legit is Malkin/RNH, you and Marv are PWF/grinders. I think I'll be a quick scorer (Pavel Bure, Kessel) or a Havlat/Iginla esque who is slower but a bit more defensive/physical. Although, I dont know why, but I can score with Havlat/Iginla and to a lesser extent Raymond. All the time. But for some reason, I cant use Stamkos/Cammalleri to save my life.

I do love how crazy the bounces can be. For example, shooting wide of the net, Quick makes a desperation save but it comes back on the other side and I have a wide open net. Or out of the air, or off a skate off the post and in. Or even a random wrist shot off of a rush goes in.

I had one game where with 4 seconds left, I won the faceoff with a super tired line, and goalie pulled. Keith shot it, and it went it in to tie the game up with 1.7 seconds left. I stood up with my arms over my head. So good. Won it in a shootout.

You can yell at me all you want. After all, it turns me on slightly anyways. For my dman, I'll probably be the same thing. Two-way, good passing defenseman.

Legit is Malkin/RNH, you and Marv are PWF/grinders. I think I'll be a quick scorer (Pavel Bure, Kessel) or a Havlat/Iginla esque who is slower but a bit more defensive/physical. Although, I dont know why, but I can score with Havlat/Iginla and to a lesser extent Raymond. All the time. But for some reason, I cant use Stamkos/Cammalleri to save my life.

I do love how crazy the bounces can be. For example, shooting wide of the net, Quick makes a desperation save but it comes back on the other side and I have a wide open net. Or out of the air, or off a skate off the post and in. Or even a random wrist shot off of a rush goes in.

I had one game where with 4 seconds left, I won the faceoff with a super tired line, and goalie pulled. Keith shot it, and it went it in to tie the game up with 1.7 seconds left. I stood up with my arms over my head. So good. Won it in a shootout.

2jxutv.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hang on, let me get my telescope out.

You realize you can click quoted images to make them bigger, right? I quoted it on purpose because the picture is quite large and I didn't wanna clogg up everyone's screen.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sox being in this thread is like that scene from Wayne's World. The club broke up with him yet he still keeps buying us gun racks. Soon he'll be telling us that if we're not careful we're going to lose him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Did any of you ever see that Twilight Zone where the guy signed a contract and they cut out his tongue and put it in a jar and it wouldn't die, it just grew and pulsated and gave birth to baby tongues?

I'm not super happy about the last jerseys I posted:

so I played around a little more in the lab and came up with a new batch that I like, using gold with another similar jersey template. I also removed the piping to create a style I've never tried before. I made a few color options. Are any of these better than the latest GAF ones from above?

THE CONCEPT - FRONT & BACK
lgtblu.jpg
lgtblub.jpg

OTHER COLORS
red.jpg
drkred.jpg
teal.jpg
pine.jpg
lgtgrn.jpg
drkblu.jpg
blk.jpg
org.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dark Blue & Black ones are nice, even if the black ones remind me of Pittsburgh's jerseys. This is probably your best batch yet, most of them look good.

Dark Blue & Black ones are nice, even if the black ones remind me of Pittsburgh's jerseys. This is probably your best batch yet, most of them look good.

Pretty sure that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I'm going to screen shot it and post it above my tv for next season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of picking up the game early as well, but we habe company coming over for the weekend so it would probably be a waste.

Delryk

I was thinking of picking up the game early as well, but we habe company coming over for the weekend so it would probably be a waste.

Looks like most of the team has the season pass so I'm thinking i'll be spending some time in drop in games when both Ds will be online. but i'm ok with that. :)

BTW. Could we use private party chat mode instead of in-game chats? That way we can still talk even if we're not playing IN the game.. would actually be useful if we take turns too.. that way we can warn the next guy to get ready.. just a thought. also, instead of msging "EASHL"? we can just invite the party chat and thats it.

RS4-

I'm not going to bother with the season pass; was thinking that I'd probably get the retail game early again but ehh, I'll wait until Tuesday.

Marvie_3

Banned
Looks like most of the team has the season pass so I'm thinking i'll be spending some time in drop in games when both Ds will be online. but i'm ok with that. :)

BTW. Could we use private party chat mode instead of in-game chats? That way we can still talk even if we're not playing IN the game.. would actually be useful if we take turns too.. that way we can warn the next guy to get ready.. just a thought. also, instead of msging "EASHL"? we can just invite the party chat and thats it.
We could if everyone on the club used mics.......

NOZ AND SWIM I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU HERE

Top Bottom