• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

It seems like the east and the west are starting to balance out. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same number of winning teams by the end of the season. Which would be a big change from last year.

A crappy Nuggets team took out the 72-10 Bulls too. Gary Harris looks so much better. I can't believe he's the same dude that looked terrified and clanked every shot last year. Will Barton is a revelation. This team still isn't going anywhere but it's so much more fun to watch than awful Shawball. Season success.

I saw the highlights and JJ got under wussel's skin??!??
gladbron.png

I know the Mavs still lost by twenty but still!! :p

phanphare

Banned
speaking of Zeller, Cody Zeller has been having himself a nice season. finished with a double double yesterday, 19 pts and 10 rebounds. with Al out he has been playing center and doing a hell of a job. using his agility to get around dudes that are bigger than him, getting in good position for rebounds and put backs, moving without the ball. I love watching him play, his energy and effort are great.

nice to have Batum back as well, his rhythm isn't quite there yet but we're just a different team with him on the floor. his decision making is phenomenal, always knows how to set up his teammates. I think he had 10 assists last night. I'm sure Cody is glad to have him back too because he's the beneficiary of a lot of Batum's assists.

spyder_ur

I just lumped them all together. I'd like to see what Mickey can do at this point.

You won't find many people who are higher on Mickey than me - I think he's a very interesting prospect - but he's not ready to play meaningful minutes for this team right now.

On the other hand, you can give all of Evan Turner's minutes to Young and Hunter even with the inevitable struggles they will have and that would be just fine with me.

Edwardo

You won't find many people who are higher on Mickey than me - I think he's a very interesting prospect - but he's not ready to play meaningful minutes for this team right now.

On the other hand, you can give all of Evan Turner's minutes to Young and Hunter even with the inevitable struggles they will have and that would be just fine with me.

Ya that's fair.

I just want him to stop shooting 3's.

spyder_ur

Ya that's fair.

I just want him to stop shooting 3's.

Yeah, that's easier said than done, to be honest. With the offense they are trying to run, not taking open looks can actually be more damaging than missing them. But I'd definitely like to see better perimeter shooting - Smart has regressed majorly from last year and Turner/Crowder despite improvement aren't quite threatening enough. Isaiah is doing yeoman's work with the lack of offensive threats around him.

Fjordson

Man Curry really shit the bed on that second to last possession last night.

He was trying way too hard for a 3 instead of just going by Gallo. Or shit, if he did want a 3. just swing it to Klay who could swing it to a wide open Rush. I think that's Klay literally pointing at Rush and remarking at how wide open he is.

Relax people, Lakers can offer anyone a max contract; that doesn't mean they want to come here and play for the worst franchise in all of sports right now. Relax.

My Summer prediction, Lakers don't land anyone, and the roster is filled with hot garbage like it has been for 3 years now,

TWC files a mulit billion dollar lawsuit against the Lakers asking out of their TV contract stating it was signed under false pretenses.

Byron Scott is fired 10 games into the 2016-17 season as LA goes 0-10 to start.

We all know where this is going.

Miracle

Relax people, Lakers can offer anyone a max contract; that doesn't mean they want to come here and play for the worst franchise in all of sports right now. Relax.

My Summer prediction, Lakers don't land anyone, and the roster is filled with hot garbage like it has been for 3 years now,

TWC files a mulit billion dollar lawsuit against the Lakers asking out of their TV contract stating it was signed under false pretenses.

Byron Scott is fired 10 games into the 2016-17 season as LA goes 0-10 to start.

We all know where this is going.

I actually like the direction for the Lakers right now. As long as the following happens after this season ends:

- Byron Scott gets kicked the fuck out.
- Hire Luke Walton immediately like we should have done last offseason. And for the love of all that is basketball, don't fucking hiring retreads like Scott Brooks, Mark Jackson, Thibs, etc. If they don't hire Luke, at least hire someone like Messina, Becky Hammon, Kenny Atkinson, or Kevin Ollie (Ollie would be such a Durant signing attempt move lol)
- Get the 1st or 2nd pick in the lottery to draft either Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram.
- Sign either Whiteside, Horford or Ezeli. Do not sign garbage like Noah to big contracts.

As long as that following happens, I like where it is going. I love the young core and talent on this team, I just don't like Byron basically wasting a full year of youth development in favor of having Lou Will, a bonifide 6th man, starting and letting him get the most touches and shots and minutes.

TWC files a mulit billion dollar lawsuit against the Lakers asking out of their TV contract stating it was signed under false pretenses. .

What false pretenses? Team just made a splash by signing Dwight Howard and Steve Nash at the time. No one could've guessed that they'd burn so hard. Not only that but historically, the Lakers have been the safest bets in the NBA for TV contracts. They rarely miss the playoffs and have the largest casual fanbase overall. The timing was unfortunate.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Apparently 3 pointers are only worth 1 point in London:

06:43
[ORL 11-9] Oladipo Layup Shot: Made (5 PTS) Assist: Vucevic (1 AST)

Scola 3pt Shot: Made (5 PTS) Assist: Lowry (2 AST) 05:07 [TOR 10-11]

They still haven't added the 2 points and it's almost the end of the 1st quarter.

Apparently 3 pointers are only worth 1 point in London:

06:43
[ORL 11-9] Oladipo Layup Shot: Made (5 PTS) Assist: Vucevic (1 AST)

Scola 3pt Shot: Made (5 PTS) Assist: Lowry (2 AST) 05:07 [TOR 10-11]

They still haven't added the 2 points and it's almost the end of the 1st quarter.

It's the pound to loonie exchange rate.

hbkdx12

Is it fair to say that the warriors only have a shot at another chip if Dray, Klay and steph are all on the court and healthy?

Watching yesterdays game without Draymond on the court, the warriors struggled a helluva lot and took far too long to really get cooking even though they had a decent chance to pull out a win.

Steph has cooled down considerably since the start of the season in terms of shooting lights out threes (although he still does work in the paint and at mid range occasionally to make up for it). Klay has his moments but he seeems inconsistent (not JR smith levels of inconsistent mind you) Some nights he's mediocre (for his standards) and other nights he can go off scoring 30+. Draymond has proven to be consistent and more or less the heart and soul of the team i'd say.

It just feels like if you don't have all 3 of them on the court then that's when issues arise. The two games Klay sat out, Steph got doubled teamed like crazy and vice versa when Steph didn't play. Although it goes without saying that Steph has far better handles and much more adept at handling pressure from a double team.

The three of them creates the perfect synergy to appropriately space the floor and thin out the defense. You have two precision 3 point shooters in steph and clay and Draymond does a great job in the post and if the defense collapses the lane they can almost effortlessly swing the ball around to a waiting and open shooter on the line.

spyder_ur

Is it fair to say that the warriors only have a shot at another chip if Dray, Klay and steph are all on the court and healthy?

It's probably fair to say, but it's also not unique to the Warriors. Any team in the NBA would probably see their shot at the title evaporate if they lost one of their best 3 players. NBA rosters are just t0o top-heavy and there are too many good teams.

I don't think there's a team in the league that could lose one of their top 3 players and still have a legitimate shot at a championship.

It'd be very tough but I think the Spurs could do it without LMA. Play Kawhi a ton at the 4, give Bojan some minutes at the 5.

They'd probably have a shot at pulling it off with David West and Boban getting more minutes.

The Cavs had a shot last year.

In the West though, definitely not.

Cavs are probably the best chance at seeing this happen. They took the Warriors to 6 with 2 of their top 3 out for most of the finals.

Watching yesterdays game without Draymond on the court, the warriors struggled a helluva lot and took far too long to really get cooking even though they had a decent chance to pull out a win.

Steph has cooled down considerably since the start of the season in terms of shooting lights out threes (although he still does work in the paint and at mid range occasionally to make up for it). Klay has his moments but he seeems inconsistent (not JR smith levels of inconsistent mind you) Some nights he's mediocre (for his standards) and other nights he can go off scoring 30+. Draymond has proven to be consistent and more or less the heart and soul of the team i'd say.

It just feels like if you don't have all 3 of them on the court then that's when issues arise. The two games Klay sat out, Steph got doubled teamed like crazy and vice versa when Steph didn't play. Although it goes without saying that Steph has far better handles and much more adept at handling pressure from a double team.

The three of them creates the perfect synergy to appropriately space the floor and thin out the defense. You have two precision 3 point shooters in steph and clay and Draymond does a great job in the post and if the defense collapses the lane they can almost effortlessly swing the ball around to a waiting and open shooter on the line.

That's fair to say...I'll take it further...I don't think the team can chip without the SMDS at full health.

Fjordson

I'm just hoping that if the Warriors get healthy the bench will pick up again. Need Ezeli back so they don't have to play so much of Speights or Jason Thompson (fucking horrible), need Barnes to get back to being Barnes and need Barbosa back.

Top Bottom