• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Blake Griffin just keeps reinforcing why I can't stand the guy.

Clips playing better without him anyhow.

"David Aldridge is now reporting that LeBron was behind the firing of David Blatt."

Lebron is finished.

AaAqtkH.jpg

Fjordson

Honestly makes more sense if they're friends as opposed to just a random staffer.

Now to find out if it was because of gambling debt or a woman.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
gjnA3lP.png

who says no? think lebron would say yes instantly.

(in this hypothetical trade miami would probably have to throw in a sweetner or something but you get the point)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
gjnA3lP.png

who says no? think lebron would say yes instantly.

(in this hypothetical trade miami would probably have to throw in a sweetner or something but you get the point)

That trade makes sense for everyone.

Love and Paul would a great combo.

Blake makes the heat younger and faster.

Bosh gets reunited with Lebron.

David Pick @IAmDPick
Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He tried the same with Spo, but failed."
2:21 PM - 26 Jan 2016

Water is wet, the sky is blue, and etc.

Fjordson

It's part of why he left Cleveland. That was Spo's (Riley's) locker room and team. Lebron and his camp couldn't have the power they have right now in Miami.

Fox318

Lebron is finished how?

Theoretically wouldn't this make a gm a little bit more hesitant to pick up Lebron if he has a thing with blowing up coaching staffs?

NBA is a players league and it always will be but teams that have a coach and younger players that listen to him might not want a short term 1 year opt out Lebron.

If Lebron was signing 4-7 year deals I don't think any GM in their right mind would care but a 2 year with an optout after 1?

Might not want to take the risk and clear cap for a player that might require bringing his own guys in and blow up what might be a semi successful team culture.

"David Aldridge is now reporting that LeBron was behind the firing of David Blatt."

Lebron is finished.

LeBron is finished? Because David Blatt was this beloved coach and brilliant tactical mastermind with an unimpeachable record of success? People thought Michael Jordan was responsible for getting Doug Collins fired in the 80s, but after he reeled off a few championships with Phil Jackson, do you think anyone gave a shit? Superstars will get forgiven for anything.

Now, granted, if Blatt lands somewhere else, immediately turns them into a perennial contender and wins some championships while LeBron never sniffs the Finals again, then maybe you've got a point. But outside of that, I don't see this tarnishing LeBron's legacy in any lasting way; he's already known as the guy who dominated in a way not seen since Jordan but has a losing record in the Finals. "Got coaches fired" doesn't trump "2-4 in the Finals" as the biggest knock against him.

Theoretically wouldn't this make a gm a little bit more hesitant to pick up Lebron if he has a thing with blowing up coaching staffs?

NBA is a players league and it always will be but teams that have a coach and younger players that listen to him might not want a short term 1 year opt out Lebron.

If Lebron was signing 4-7 year deals I don't think any GM in their right mind would care but a 2 year with an optout after 1?

Might not want to take the risk and clear cap for a player that might require bringing his own guys in and blow up what might be a semi successful team culture.

I don't understand any of this? LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland and he's going to get his way because he has Dan Gilbert by the balls. But hypothetically let's say LeBron decided to test the market and become a real free agent this offseason, every GM with cap space in the league would give Rich Paul a handy for the chance to sign LeBron to a max deal, whatever his "reputation" is.

This doesn't hurt LeBron one bit. The perception was already that LeBron had a hand in Blatt getting canned. It's not like this is breaking news.

Fox318

I don't understand any of this? LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland and he's going to get his way because he has Dan Gilbert by the balls. But hypothetically let's say LeBron decided to test the market and become a real free agent this offseason, every GM with cap space in the league would give Rich Paul a handy for the chance to sign LeBron to a max deal, whatever his "reputation" is.

This doesn't hurt LeBron one bit. The perception was already that LeBron had a hand in Blatt getting canned. It's not like this is breaking news.

You know Hinkie would take the cap space over LeBron.

#TheProcess

NBA GM's have huge egos too. "Just because James walked all over one team doesn't mean it'll happen to my franchise." I mean GM's have been taking risks on players with a fraction of his talent a way more baggage than him.

Eos

Question for the Warriors fans
What did Steve Kerr do differently from Mark Jackson that allowed them to become a championship winning team?

David Pick @IAmDPick
Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He tried the same with Spo, but failed."
2:21 PM - 26 Jan 2016

Water is wet, the sky is blue, and etc.

Damn Lebron getting exposed left and right as a coach killer.

But can't believe he never tried to get Mike Brown fired.

Top Bottom