• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What did Steve Kerr do differently from Mark Jackson that allowed them to become a championship winning team?

Better lineup rotations, an offensive system based more on movement and passing while relying a lot less on isolation, moving more towards a "switch everything" style of team defense because of the lineup rotations, and a stronger staff of assistant coaches.

Or if you'd prefer, they tried to out-Spur the Spurs model (minus the "switch everything" bit anyway).

Cheebo

Banned
In one single trade I have solved every issue plaguing the NBA today. No GM could ever say no. Brooklyn Nets feel free to hire me as your GM, I got this down.

Cb8XV8T.png

Question for the Warriors fans
What did Steve Kerr do differently from Mark Jackson that allowed them to become a championship winning team?
Kerr made huge changes to the starting line-up, such as starting Draymond Green and also brought Iguodala off the bench. Kerr had no choice to start Draymond because David Lee was injured, but the playing time for Draymond showed his flexibility and impact on defense and his ability to pass on offense. As someone who watched countless Mark Jackson coached games, I was never satisfied with the passing in the offense. Mark Jackson got the Warriors to played great defense, but offensively it was a lot of iso-ball and the Warriors were dead last in the league in passes! That just shows you Mark Jackson was running an inefficient offense.

Moreover on the statistical side, their offensive rating was 12th and 10th in points per game under Mark Jackson in 2013-14, and when Kerr took over in 2014-15 they were 2nd in offensive rating and 1st in points per game. Even Kerr improved the defense jumping from 4th to 1st.

Fjordson

I don't hate on Lebron for flexing his power. He's earned the right. I guess I'm just still confused about why he flexed his power. What was the disconnect with Blatt? The Cavs were good last year and they've been damn good this year, despite injuries. Isn't that what Lebron should want?

And like I've said before, if this was about being behind San Antonio and Golden State then I think firing Blatt was pretty misguided. Cleveland simply isn't as good as SA or GS. With or without Blatt.

Megatron

gjnA3lP.png

who says no? think lebron would say yes instantly.

(in this hypothetical trade miami would probably have to throw in a sweetner or something but you get the point)

The Clippers say no.

If they somehow said yes, the Cavs cut Miami out and keep Blake.

Bosh for Love maybe though....

I don't hate on Lebron for flexing his power. He's earned the right. I guess I'm just still confused about why he flexed his power. What was the disconnect with Blatt? The Cavs were good last year and they've been damn good this year, despite injuries. Isn't that what Lebron should want?

And like I've said before, if this was about being behind San Antonio and Golden State then I think firing Blatt was pretty misguided. Cleveland simply isn't as good as SA or GS. With or without Blatt.

No active player has the right to act as general manager but the Cavaliers were desperate for LeBron to return so in the contract it probably said "LeBron has the final say".

It's the terrible """""""official"""""" management of the Cavaliers that's at fault though for letting an insecure dumbshit run the team.

Cleveland's management was always receptive for dealing for Love but they were also adamant that Wiggins was not to be part of the deal and then the Eagle landed.

It's fun watching GM LeBron self destruct before our eyes though.

The Cavaliers could have been set for the future with a good two-way player in Wiggins but I don't see them having any chance winning a title with this roster.

El Topo

You guys are just hating on the chosen one. U r no different than Dortmund fans right now, el topo!

I don't hate LeBron, but if the team doesn't improve, if he doesn't win a title, then this will reflect badly on him. Like replacing Heynckes with Guardiola. Well, if Heynckes hadn't won the triple, that is.

Cheebo

Banned
I look forward to seeing you fan up for Lebrons next team.
LeBron isn't going anywhere. He can't. Even if he doesn't win a title he is going to build his legacy in Ohio. Star players almost always build their lasting legacies in the end back home. Bird with Indiana, MJ with Charlotte. Hell even post-retirement Magic is far more involved in his home MSU basketball than the Lakers by far.

They tend to build their lasting legacies at home, LeBron is going to likely eventually buy the Cavs one day. He can't do that if he leaves again.

Miami can't pay Whiteside this off-season, so they should look to move him.
Why would the Heat want to trade Bosh for any other PF, especially with his versatility to player center and play 4 allowing to stretch the floor. If the goal is to get KD who is effective at the 3 and 4 then no point of getting Blake, and Dwight, if you have Bosh.

But the Clippers should move one of their core players, but who? Whoever Doc hates the most. Doc needs to get a bench, my goodness it is just laughable at this point.

I honestly feel that some teams are just playing the waiting game till Boogie Cousins becomes available. No joke... If the Kings don't make the playoffs, not surprised if he demands a trade out.

Miami can't pay Whiteside this off-season, so they should look to move him.
Why would the Heat want to trade Bosh for any other PF, especially with his versatility to player center and stretch the floor. If the goal is to get KD who is effective at the 3 and 4 then no point of getting Blake, and Dwight, if you have Bosh.

But the Clippers should move one of their core players, but who? Whoever Doc hates the most. Doc needs to get a bench, my goodness it is just laughable at this point.

I honestly feel that some teams are just playing the waiting game till Boogie Cousins becomes available.

Whiteside not having bird rights makes him almost worthless this season. No contending team is going to trade something of value (and Dwight with bird rights is valuable) for 30 games of a guy with some Bynum-esque tendencies.

I made this, because I was bored. Favorite rap album to come out of every area base in which each NBA team is located or based in.

Atlanta Hawks: Outkast-Aquemini
Boston Celtics: LOL Marky Mark. Ha ha ha, that's all you guys have! But seriously, Guru's Jazzmatazz, Vol. 1
Brooklyn Nets: See New York Knicks.
Charlotte Hornets: The closes I've got is Black Moon's Enta Da Stage, since 9th Wonder is from North Carolina.
Chicago Bulls: Common Sense-Resurrection
Cleveland Cavaliers: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony-E. 1999 Eternal
Dallas Mavericks: ......UGK'S Ridin' Dirty? It counts!
Denver Nuggets: Sorry, no clue.
Detroit Pistons: Eminem-The Marshall Mathers LP
Golden State Warriors: Souls of Mischief-'93 'Till Infinity
Houston Rockets: Scarface-The Diary
Indiana Pacers: Freddie Gibbs and Madlib-Pinata
Los Angeles Clippers: The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II
Los Angeles Lakers: Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly
Memphis Grizzlies: Three Six Mafia-Most Known Unknown
Miami Heat: See Orlando Magic.
Milwaukee Bucks: Brother Ali-The Undisputed Truth. This one was sort of hard for me, he's from Wisconsin but based in Minny.
Minnesota Timberwolves: Eyedea and Abilties- First Born
New Orleans Pelicans: Juvenile-Tha G-Code
New York Knicks: Oh come on. That's unfair. I love Aesop Rock, for starters. One of the greatest lyricists in rap.
Orlando Magic: Man, I feel bad, Florida. Sorry, not a Pitbull fan.
Philadelphia 76ers: The Roots-Things Fall Apart
Phoenix Suns: ?
Portland Trailblazers: ?
Sacramento Kings: Death Grips-The Money Store
San Antonio Spurs: ?
Toronto Raptors: Main Source-Breaking Atoms (Sorry, Drake fans)
Utah Jazz: ? *Washington Wizards: Sorry, no clue. Can I pick a Sage Francis album?

So, after catching up on the Spurs game and the fallout from the sports media, I'm not surprised with the results. Warriors wanted this game more seriously than the Spurs did. People also forget that, about this time last year, GS blew the doors off the Spurs in GS. They still went on to have a great end to the season. As I've said before I think both teams will split their home game series. Spurs need to play more disciplined, and I think they will next time. Still half a season to go.

Messi

LeBron isn't going anywhere. He can't. Even if he doesn't win a title he is going to build his legacy in Ohio. Star players almost always build their lasting legacies in the end back home. Bird with Indiana, MJ with Charlotte. Hell even post-retirement Magic is far more involved in his home MSU basketball than the Lakers by far.

They tend to build their lasting legacies at home, LeBron is going to likely eventually buy the Cavs one day. He can't do that if he leaves again.

I was more refering to the fact that Bla was a heat fan while lebron was there.

h1nch

So, after catching up on the Spurs game and the fallout from the sports media, I'm not surprised with the results. Warriors wanted this game more seriously than the Spurs did. People also forget that, about this time last year, GS blew the doors off the Spurs in GS. They still went on to have a great end to the season. As I've said before I think both teams will split their home game series. Spurs need to play more disciplined, and I think they will next time. Still half a season to go.

Spurs need to figure out what to do about Tony Parker.

Cipherr

I don't hate LeBron, but if the team doesn't improve, if he doesn't win a title, then this will reflect badly on him.

Y'all funny sometimes. Acting like you don't have Lebron in a quantum locked position of "Chip or be reflected upon badly" since forever. He is a clown for this coach shit, but you all have been on that "If he doesn't win a ring this time he is over!" since before he won two, and somehow repeatedly even since then. Those goalposts have been moved a million times by now.

Fire Derek Fisher

Awful coaching down the stretch. You'd think Afflalo would stop the dumb iso post ups after it failed the 15th time tonight. Fucking hell this loss sucked.

Eos

Better lineup rotations, an offensive system based more on movement and passing while relying a lot less on isolation, moving more towards a "switch everything" style of team defense because of the lineup rotations, and a stronger staff of assistant coaches.

Or if you'd prefer, they tried to out-Spur the Spurs model (minus the "switch everything" bit anyway).

Kerr made huge changes to the starting line-up, such as starting Draymond Green and also brought Iguodala off the bench. Kerr had no choice to start Draymond because David Lee was injured, but the playing time for Draymond showed his flexibility and impact on defense and his ability to pass on offense. As someone who watched countless Mark Jackson coached games, I was never satisfied with the passing in the offense. Mark Jackson got the Warriors to played great defense, but offensively it was a lot of iso-ball and the Warriors were dead last in the league in passes! That just shows you Mark Jackson was running an inefficient offense.

Moreover on the statistical side, their offensive rating was 12th and 10th in points per game under Mark Jackson in 2013-14, and when Kerr took over in 2014-15 they were 2nd in offensive rating and 1st in points per game. Even Kerr improved the defense jumping from 4th to 1st.

You should watch this. It's a nice visual compare-contrast to see how different the offense looks before and after.

thanks for the info guys. that video is great.

I made this, because I was bored. Favorite rap album to come out of every area base in which each NBA team is located or based in.

Atlanta Hawks: Outkast-Aquemini
Boston Celtics: LOL Marky Mark. Ha ha ha, that's all you guys have! But seriously, Guru's Jazzmatazz, Vol. 1
Brooklyn Nets: See New York Knicks.
Charlotte Hornets: The closes I've got is Black Moon's Enta Da Stage, since 9th Wonder is from North Carolina.
Chicago Bulls: Common Sense-Resurrection
Cleveland Cavaliers: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony-E. 1999 Eternal
Dallas Mavericks: ......UGK'S Ridin' Dirty? It counts!
Denver Nuggets: Sorry, no clue.
Detroit Pistons: Eminem-The Marshall Mathers LP
Golden State Warriors: Souls of Mischief-'93 'Till Infinity
Houston Rockets: Scarface-The Diary
Indiana Pacers: Freddie Gibbs and Madlib-Pinata
Los Angeles Clippers: The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II
Los Angeles Lakers: Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly
Memphis Grizzlies: Three Six Mafia-Most Known Unknown
Miami Heat: See Orlando Magic.
Milwaukee Bucks: Brother Ali-The Undisputed Truth. This one was sort of hard for me, he's from Wisconsin but based in Minny.
Minnesota Timberwolves: Eyedea and Abilties- First Born
New Orleans Pelicans: Juvenile-Tha G-Code
New York Knicks: Oh come on. That's unfair. I love Aesop Rock, for starters. One of the greatest lyricists in rap.
Orlando Magic: Man, I feel bad, Florida. Sorry, not a Pitbull fan.
Philadelphia 76ers: The Roots-Things Fall Apart
Phoenix Suns: ?
Portland Trailblazers: ?
Sacramento Kings: Death Grips-The Money Store
San Antonio Spurs: ?
Toronto Raptors: Main Source-Breaking Atoms (Sorry, Drake fans)
Utah Jazz: ? *Washington Wizards: Sorry, no clue. Can I pick a Sage Francis album?

Brooklyn - ready to die..

I'm disappointed

Top Bottom