• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

NBA released a Vince Carter mixtape. His athleticism was a cheat code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5fN6XVq-4

1999-2001 in Toronto (hockey town) he was the biggest celebrity by far. Universal love.

Raptors franchise stayed (and now thrives) in Toronto thanks to his legacy.

Here we are 10 years after the trade, and it's fascinating to hear interviews with former raptors like Tracy McGrady, obviously Vince, and others. It's like we watched them grow into professionals. Everyone is different in their early career.

Such a contrast to the negative narrative that was painted at the time Toronto lost its stars over the years. It was truly more complicated than the "grrrr he forcing a trade!!! Grrrr"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It was a joke about leaving early. Against the Spurs. Like 2 years ago in the finals.

Wasn't something serious. ;)

To be honest, I can't see the appeal of attending games in person in the first place. The couch at home is far more convenient.

Honestly the atmosphere at games can be so worth it.

Regular season games I can think of off the top of my head that were amazing to be there in person were:

1. About 2 years ago the Raps and OKC went into overtime and the crowd was into the game from the opening tip. KD absolutely torched us and won on a deep three in OT.

2. Valentine's day game Knicks vs. Raps where Jeremy Lin hit the game winner. Crowd started off a bit tame but then got upset with the amount of people who just came to the game to cheer Lin, so they started booing him every time he touched the ball to flush out the cheers.

Other then that the playoffs 2 seasons ago was so crazy, I remember one game it being so loud I couldn't even hear the ref blow his whistle.

Bill Simmons trade

Ca3nVLrVIAAGUOH.jpg

Knicks also get 2016 Brooklyn pick, Clips also get 2016 picks from Boston/Dallas.

Who says no

Why would the Knicks do this

to put themselves in position to be able to spend big when the season ends and the new salary ceiling comes into play. they're a lottery team as is and if they've lost belief that a team built around Melo can contest, selling him off for cheap players and expiring contracts is reasonable.

If Dwight would have made at least a few more free throws...
If the Rockets wouldn't have run dry at the end of the 3rd...
If Harrison Barnes wouldn't have suddenly come alive...

Almost, guys. Almost...

What do you guys think of the teams in the standings before the trade deadline?

Western teams I have thoughts about:

Grizzlies: They can still outplay most of the bottom teams without Gasol but do they concede that they don't have a chance against the top teams and put themselves in the lottery?

Rockets: They have to sell assets off and shake up the team at this point. This line-up isn't going anywhere and they are miserable to watch. They're just not playing as a team and it shows even if they put up a solid effort as individuals it won't be enough this year.

Kings: This team is going nowhere either for multiple reasons. They just seem to be so poorly managed even with a tremendous talent in Boogie. Do they finally trade him off?

Blazers: Doing better than anticipated due to bench contributions and a strong back court. They really need a solid piece in the front court but it will cost a lot.

Eastern teams:

Raptors: Awesome team but can they win a 7 game series against the Cavs or do they need something?

Hawks: I seen on Reddit that Teague deleted all the pics referencing the Hawks. There's no doubt somethings brewing. Also they might want to trade Horford before his contract expires.

I dunno, I don't know enough about the Eastern teams tbh.

spyder_ur

I've been meaning to make a joke about the Western Conference being a sham and that it should be contracted since there was a team under .500 in the playoffs. I think I missed my chance.

Seriously though, the conferences are way more balanced than in the recent past. The west certainly has the top 2 (if not 3 - not a full believer in OKCs playoff D), but after that it flattens out considerably. 4-8 in the west are not nearly as stacked as they have been in the past.

spyder_ur

Haven't watched a Clippers game in a bit. Has Pierce been starting? Going to the game tonight and want to make sure to see Pierces intro if so.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jesus christ. Thanks a lot Elf. Having some horrific Courtney Lee flashbacks right now after that missed layup. Such a great pass by Fournier too.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Poor Monty Williams. I had a chance to interact with him a number of times when he was here in Portland. I hope he is able to find peace and comfort. A true class act.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I know getting nutted hurts.. but fuck man, not that damn bad.

I got a great dane, I know what getting whipped in the nuts feels like.. hurts like a mutherfucker.. might put you down, but you get up and go on.

Russell acted like he got killed.

I know getting nutted hurts.. but fuck man, not that damn bad.

I got a great dane, I know what getting whipped in the nuts feels like.. hurts like a mutherfucker.. might put you down, but you get up and go on.

Russell acted like he got killed.
I don't think you've really gotten hit in the nuts that hard then. That shit immobilizes you if it's fast and hard enough.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I don't think you've really gotten hit in the nuts that hard then. That shit immobilizes you if it's fast and hard enough.

I played shortstop without a cup (though that shit was uncomfortable).. and yes been hit fast and hard right on the money. Shit hurts, ain't gonna lie.. by I didn't lie down dead.

Top Bottom