• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

They need to have some kind of reward (like home court advantage in the Finals) for the winning team in order for this game to mean something. Every year it turns into more of a snoozefest. And that sucked that they wouldn't let PG13 break the record.

This is the worst fucking idea. You should be banned for even considering it.

AcridMeat

Banned
If that happened with Barnes gone, I guarantee someone goes down with a big injury and they barely play together and we actually suck in the long run.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
They need to have some kind of reward (like home court advantage in the Finals) for the winning team in order for this game to mean something. Every year it turns into more of a snoozefest. And that sucked that they wouldn't let PG13 break the record.
Just to echo sentiments: Fuck no

Gothos

The slum dunk contest was INSANE. All Star Game though - I mean what's even the point? Without defense it's just silly shooting contest.

Exactly my point. Nothing to play for. They might as well get a week off and that's it.

The all-star game is meaningless. The solution isn't to make the regular season meaningless, too.

If you want the players to get serious in the game, make it worth their while with a gigantic pile of money to the winning team. Maybe that's too much for the general public to stomach, rich athletes and all, but I don't care. It's far better than tying home court advantage to the outcome of some stupid exhibition game. Or we could just leave well enough alone, because nobody makes you watch the game as it is (I rarely do, and this year was no exception).

I think people main problem is that it was too many threes

I'm a huge westbrook fan and even I got mad the threes he took, atleast he tried to do the tMac dunk

All Star game should be filled with alley oops and dunks and one on one battles between players

Emwitus

The all-star game is meaningless. The solution isn't to make the regular season meaningless, too.

If you want the players to get serious in the game, make it worth their while with a gigantic pile of money to the winning team. Maybe that's too much for the general public to stomach, rich athletes and all, but I don't care. It's far better than tying home court advantage to the outcome of some stupid exhibition game. Or we could just leave well enough alone, because nobody makes you watch the game as it is (I rarely do, and this year was no exception).

Winning team gets a jackpot that is donated to a charity.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
There's no way Toronto doesn't makes any moves

tumblr_mz6yjtjMwt1rnjfjfo1_r1_500.gif

The charity is an excellent idea. Just make the game mean something more than a slam dunk, alley oops or 3 point shooting exhibition.

Why would a donation to charity make any of the athletes compete harder? Win or lose that money is going to charity anyways.

Looks like ESPN is coming up with the stupidest trades possible.

CbRAhBCUEAAsw14.png

The only way I see the Heat trading for Howard is if the Rockets agree to take a bunch of bad contracts from the Heat. I don't see it happening.

It's a tough trade to put together. The Rockets would have to take a bunch of guys back just to make salaries match up and in the end they'd have the same problem Miami already has with Whiteside in that they wouldn't have his bird rights so he could easily leave in a few months.

Let the record show:

It is February 15, 2016; and after a nice weekend showing by the two young Lakers guards, One of which had to be told to bite his tongue, Byron Scott is still the coach.

Los Angeles has fallen
Starring:

Jeanie Buss
Jim Buss
Mitch Kupchak

With a never ending cameo by Byron Scott.

A we don't give a f*ck productions.

Into

Broussard on ESPN: "The Clippers called the Nuggets and offered Blake Griffin & Lance Stephenson for Jokic, Will Barton, Gallanari & Faried"

tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_500.jpg

I think Raptors will make a move.

I think Scola will be gone and either PPat or James Johnson.

Yup they will try to acquire a star for picks and these serviceable throw ins. Lowry and DD in their prime + better defence this year, but they can no way compete with the cavs, Warriors, Spurs etc.

A third star is the ONLY way they even have a chance at moving beyond the second round (even the first round if history is any indication)

The players aren't stupid. YOu aren't going to get them to take the game more seriously by offering money to charity. They know it's an exhibition. It's never not going to be an exhibition. Knowing this, they are never going to go 100% all out and try and kill each other out there. For what? To injure themselves in a meaningless game? Would that make you happy as a fan of a particular player or team. The all star game is what it is. Sometimes it's going to be funner and more competitive than other years, but I hate this attitude that whenever there is a less than stellar all star game or slam dunk contest everyone wants to overhaul it. Just let it be. Baseball tried this and it's led to the garbage ass home field advantage rule they have now.

Jarate

Banned
Would have been an awful trade for Denver, glad it got shot down.

why you trade four easily replaceable players for someone who has the chance to be a top 10 player who can also recruit? And he's out for a while so it allows you to tank for the rest of this year?

IDK where all this anti blake sentiment comes from, he's literally what you should be going for. It's basic economics, you sell high and buy l;ow. Blake griffins value is at it's lowest it will be for a few years.

why you trade four easily replaceable players for someone who has the chance to be a top 10 player who can also recruit? And he's out for a while so it allows you to tank for the rest of this year?

IDK where all this anti blake sentiment comes from, he's literally what you should be going for. It's basic economics, you sell high and buy l;ow. Blake griffins value is at it's lowest it will be for a few years.

I don't think Blake's value is all that low around the league. People still know he's the 25/10 guy that he's shown signs of being. I think the idea behind trading Blake is that the Clippers have peaked as far as this Big 3 is concerned, their cap and asset situation is abysmal so they really have no way of improving the talent around the big 3, so their best means of improving in the short term would be to sell one of the big 3 off for more pieces/depth. Blake has the most value of the 3.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think Blake's value is all that low around the league. People still know he's the 25/10 guy that he's shown signs of being. I think the idea behind trading Blake is that the Clippers have peaked as far as this Big 3 is concerned, their cap and asset situation is abysmal so they really have no way of improving the talent around the big 3, so their best means of improving in the short term would be to sell one of the big 3 off for more pieces/depth. Blake has the most value of the 3.

It's only low because the clippers are actively trying to sell him right now. A desperate team lowers the value of their players immensely. Also, a team won't try to get him for the rest of this season due to the hand injury and the questions surrounding it along with his apparent "issues"

This has all lowered his value to a degree in which the clippers apparently offered him for 4 mediocre Nugget players (They dont even get Mudiay whose probably their best prospect)

Top Bottom