• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Sources say that the Cavs, though, have been more and more active in recent days in pursuing upgrades to their bench, with center Timofey Mozgov and swingman Iman Shumpert — both in the midst of down seasons after their mid-season arrivals in 2014-15

Shumpert is available

It's only low because the clippers are actively trying to sell him right now. A desperate team lowers the value of their players immensely. Also, a team won't try to get him for the rest of this season due to the hand injury and the questions surrounding it along with his apparent "issues"

This has all lowered his value to a degree in which the clippers apparently offered him for 4 mediocre Nugget players (They dont even get Mudiay whose probably their best prospect)

just because they are trying to sell him now doesn't mean they will take any shit deal. That Nuggets deal is actually not that bad. You almost never get 1:1 compensation in the NBA. That deal allows the Clippers to get deeper and more versatile, which are two of their major issues., and gives them a little more cap flexibility. I'd take that over Blake for Melo.

Word is that the Kings, who are desperate to end a playoff drought spanning nine seasons and counting before moving into a new building next season, prefer immediate help in trade talks more than future picks.

laughing-gif10.gif

Jarate

Banned
just because they are trying to sell him now doesn't mean they will take any shit deal. That Nuggets deal is actually not that bad. You almost never get 1:1 compensation in the NBA. That deal allows the Clippers to get deeper and more versatile, which are two of their major issues., and gives them a little more cap flexibility. I'd take that over Blake for Melo.

Blake for Melo deal would be incredibly silly

Into

What a fresh start it would be for Kangs to just trade Boogie for top pick(s) and some young talent.

Imagine starting that new arena with Ingram or Simmons and a younger team without Rondo and Boogie.

They wont, but probably shouldnt trade Boogie. But look at Wolves, what Wolves fan is depressed that he no longer gets to watch Kevin Love put 20/10 in a losing season?

Jarate

Banned
What a fresh start it would be for Kangs to just trade Boogie for top pick(s) and some young talent.

Imagine starting that new arena with Ingram or Simmons and a younger team without Rondo and Boogie.

They wont, but probably shouldnt trade Boogie. But look at Wolves, what Wolves fan is depressed that he no longer gets to watch Kevin Love put 20/10 in a losing season?

Boogie plays Center which is way more valuable then a PF like Love

Boogie is also very young, and most people think is still in his prime

Boogie is also a very good defender

"I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou."

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This trade needs to happen for my Heat

Howard to ATL. Dudes gonna play for more teams that Chucky Brown LOL, when its all said and done

I want to hear from the Rockets fans here. Did you enjoy the Howard experience? Remember when he chose you, and banners were dancing in your head? (final piece)

The greatest thing this franchise can do is get rid of him, he kills everything in his path.

Line_HTX

So Commissioner Adam Silver finally admits that there needs to be a rule change on hacking. Good for him to wise up that the increase in hacking, somewhere around 5 times more than last year, just kills the game entirely making it absolutely unwatchable. It's no longer about just make your damn free throws. The hacking never makes for a good watch outside of the final two minutes of the 4th EVER. There's no reason to slow the game to a complete crawl making it longer than it should be.

Jarate

Banned
So Commissioner Adam Silver finally admits that there needs to be a rule change on hacking. Good for him to wise up that the increase in hacking, somewhere around 5 times more than last year, just kills the game entirely making it absolutely unwatchable. It's no longer about just make your damn free throws. The hacking never makes for a good watch outside of the final two minutes of the 4th EVER. There's no reason to slow the game to a complete crawl making it longer than it should be.

Where the fuck you been Line, he said this shit like a few weeks ago

but all they need to do is if you foul someone who doesnt have the ball then anyone on the team can shoot free throws

Cheebo

Banned
He said that a few weeks ago too.

They are definitely changing the hacking rule this summer. No doubt about it.

Line_HTX

Where the fuck you been Line, he said this shit like a few weeks ago

but all they need to do is if you foul someone who doesnt have the ball then anyone on the team can shoot free throws

I've been angry to the point of tuning out completely, even when we do it. I refused to give it the time of day because those bitch players and coaches were wasting my time.

My apologies, I only heard about this today.

I dunno man. Frankly I just expect players to make their free throws. It feels like the rule is just a bandaid because its boring to watch. But shouldn't it just be placed on teams to demand better free throw shooting from their players? I get its boring sometimes but its not some wide spread thing that happens all the time every night.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you're a fan of the Rockettes, Clippers, or the Pistons I can see you wanting the rule changed. Watching it every night can't be fun. Make your damn free throws.

Personally I'm against a rule change just because there are 2-3 players who are god awful at the easiest shot in the game. I understand it makes for bad basketball, but it's not a league wide issue. It'd be like changing the rules in the NFL to make field goals easier because a couple of teams have shitty kickers.

why you trade four easily replaceable players for someone who has the chance to be a top 10 player who can also recruit? And he's out for a while so it allows you to tank for the rest of this year?

IDK where all this anti blake sentiment comes from, he's literally what you should be going for. It's basic economics, you sell high and buy l;ow. Blake griffins value is at it's lowest it will be for a few years.

The team is gutted, we would have had to deal with Stephenson and I doubt Denver had a chance in hell of convincing him to stay. The only team in town with that pull has been the Broncos.

hbkdx12

I'll start by saying that in casual scum and don't have any deep seeded investment in any team but I find the "hack a whoever" to be funny and entertaining. Especially when the commentators go off about it happening (van gundy da god)

I find it interesting because I'm always wondering what, if anything, it does to these dudes psychologically. Do they feel bad that their basically getting picked on? Do they feel demoralized? Does it make them angry and fired up? Do they feel like they're a hindrance to their team?

Then to watch cp3 flop just to stop deandre from getting hacked the other night was just amazing lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So realistically how many players get the "Hack a Shaq" treatment?

Dwight Howard
Andre Drummond
Deandre Jordan

Who else?

Vyer

Howard to ATL. Dudes gonna play for more teams that Chucky Brown LOL, when its all said and done

I want to hear from the Rockets fans here. Did you enjoy the Howard experience? Remember when he chose you, and banners were dancing in your head? (final piece)

The greatest thing this franchise can do is get rid of him, he kills everything in his path.

That didn't really happen, at least no more or less than it did for some Lakers fans when he went to LA. All I learned that Dwight is one of those players that cause some people to dip into ridiculous hyperbole no matter what.

Howard's problems are he's not mentally strong enough to stop other players from getting in his head and drawing him into stupid things. And he's not aggressive enough to have any kind of real killer instinct on the court. And offensively he's limited in the post. And he's injury prone.

But all those things were true before he played a game in Houston. And all of them were true before he played a game in LA.

There's plenty of reasons for the shit show in Houston, but Dwight was pretty far down the list. Hell, his first year here while Harden was on a two week long playoff bender he was the only one working his ass off on the court. For the most part he's been a solid player who will often put up big games like any star player on his down swing. He pretty much did what he was brought here to do. He was a piece added that had a few cracks in it already. Main problem was the rest of the foundation went to shit soon after.

So ATL was supposedly asking the world for Teague and Horford individually, but now are going to give both up to rent Dwight Howard for 30 games? Sorry don't see it. Both are free agents to be but Horford alone is more valuable than Dwight.

Top Bottom