• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

"The Atlanta Hawks are trading guard Shelvin Mack to the Utah Jazz for a second round draft pick, league sources tell @TheVertical." - Woj

Doc is such a horrible GM.

I assume you're talking about this:

"Another interesting tidbit I heard: had the Clippers dealt Lance Stephenson, they'd still try and re-sign him this offseason." - @DanWoikeSports

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that David Griffin doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

as long as we're talking about 2 out of 3 trades and absolutely no contract negotiations

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 2m2 minutes ago
Erik Spoelstra says that Stokes trade was about flexibility. Says he is "not anticipating" another trade.

69915069.gif

spyder_ur

Celtics trying to buy out David Lee...

Is there any reason they have to get that done today?

He's actually doing a great job setting Orlando up for a ridiculous free agent haul with that $45 million in cap space they now have.

(They're going to miss the dunk like they're Iman Shumpert.)

That's what I don't really understand about teams trying to clear space. Everyone is going to have cap space this summer. I'd much rather have mid-term, cost-controlled guys than talk myself into paying this summer's version of Demarre Carroll because I have extra cap space. It's part of what I love about the Celtics situation - they have guys controlled for the next couple years at what is becoming obscenely low prices.

Tom Penny

He's actually doing a great job setting Orlando up for a ridiculous free agent haul with that $45 million in cap space they now have.

(They're going to miss the dunk like they're Iman Shumpert.)
Almost the entire league has money to pay the best free agents. Whats ends up happening is teams whiff then overpay for the leftovers.

Almost the entire league has money to pay the best free agents. Whats ends up happening is teams whiff then overpay for the leftovers.

I mean, yeah? But even with the cap expanding, $45M is still fairly high for a team that isn't a Tank Eternal.

(Though yeah, Orlando's gonna whiff and overpay at least one guy. The fun part's going to be predicting who!)

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I mean, yeah? But even with the cap expanding, $45M is still fairly high for a team that isn't a Tank Eternal.

(Though yeah, Orlando's gonna whiff and overpay at least one guy. The fun part's going to be predicting who!)

Making some basic assumptions

1) Durant & LeBron do the one year + player option extension (to cash in next year)
2) Drummond gets a max offer from Pistons

Overpay targets would be Howard, DeRozan, Horford, Gasol, Batum, Wade, Whiteside, Conley, Barnes, Ryan Anderson, Noah, Big Al, and Parsons

Out of that list I expect Howard, DeRozan, Horford, Batum, Wade, Whiteside, Conley, and Barnes to end up with max or near max contracts (Barnes because he's RFA, and you have to overpay). Anderson, Big Al, and Parsons get near max contracts.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
assuming none of the GMs who are talking publicly are lying - not sure what bombs are left? maybe Howard at most?

jmizzal

again, the bombs didn't drop till like the very last minute last year. We could still get some major moves

or not.

but they could still drop.

Surprised Houston turned down the Hornets deal for Howard, I think they just want him to leave this summer and get the cap room, thats about the best deal they were gonna get.

Howard is the most like big deal to happen

So they have a little more than an hours worth of wheeling and dealing? I honestly can't imagine any team ponying up for Dwight, Blake, Teague, or Horford. I don't think any of these moves really put anyone over the top.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Think Pistons gave up too much to get Montejunas - should have at least been lottery protected pick. Same with Cleveland and Frye - better be top 20+ protections on that pick for Frye.

Bowser

Think Pistons gave up too much to get Montejunas - should have at least been lottery protected pick. Same with Cleveland and Frye - better be top 20+ protections on that pick for Frye.

Cavs pick is Top 10 protected for 18 and 19 then unprotected:

Brian Windhorst said:
2018 1st round pick Cavs are trading to Portland is top 10 protected for 2 years. Cavs also created new trade exception of $9.6M

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Cavs pick is Top 10 protected for 18 and 19 then unprotected.

They better hope LeBron sticks around / doesn't get injured / doesn't slow down. That pick should be top 20+ protected easily, unless the NBA decides to change up the lottery in the next CBA (which they may).

Bowser

They better hope LeBron sticks around / doesn't get injured / doesn't slow down. That pick should be top 20+ protected easily, unless the NBA decides to change up the lottery in the next CBA (which they may).

If the Cavs can squeeze out one title over the next 2-3 years I think they're happy to give it up.

Remains to be seen if they can do that though.

ViciousDS

Banned
come on Gar....Shabazz isn't your great fucking idea.

Kings want Pau.....give them Pau and grab Mclemore and Koufos.....send snell there way while your at it.

Top Bottom