• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Because he's a free agent at the end of the year and the Heat don't have his bird rights.

Yup this. He could kill their salary cap situation and they don't really know how good he will be. He has shown some great potential but is said to have many big weaknesses

Splash Bros are honestly too strong. How do you defend against that?

Also, Towns is going to be incredible in like 2-3 years. That kid is going to be special.

Fjordson

I thought the Heat played a nicely disciplined game. Why is Whiteside rumored to be on the trading block again? Dude is impressive.
These criticisms are from the Dan LeBatard show, I haven't watched the Heat much this year:

-total black hole on offense. Comically low # of assists last two years
-prone to a ton of turnovers, especially from double teams
-blocks mask how he falls asleep on D off the ball and his bad PNR coverage

Again, that's all according to LeBatard and co. I haven't watched him much this year.

ViciousDS

Banned
very impressed with my bulls playing recently. Bench has been steeping up, E'twaun seems to be shooting really good, McDermott finally getting a rhythm. Maybe the bench playing is what we need before Butler and Mirotic come back. Confidence goes a long way in consistent play.

"Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations, ESPN has learned" - @ESPNSteinLine

Finally. Although this may make them better.

spyder_ur

"Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations, ESPN has learned" - @ESPNSteinLine

Finally. Although this may make them better.

Ehh I don't think so, unless you are a big fan of seeing alot of Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin.

Cavs make the most sense, right? Maybe Thunder?

Big Nets-Suns game tonight. I'm not even being sarcastic. I'm concerned the Suns might not win another game the rest of the year. What a freaking disaster.

Would be nice if the Heat could get him, but I have a feeling he is going to the Cavs.

the heat wont add anyone till march to avoid the repeater tax. Even then, it'll likely be 1 day contracts or super cheap stuff because, again, they're trying to avoid getting taxed.
The Heat is down to 10 healthy players on its roster and is barely under the league’s luxury tax threshold. It’s unlikely the Heat will sign another player until after the first week of March so that it can remain under that tax threshold and have more flexibility in the free agent market this summer.

If Bosh retires, he still would be paid what’s left of his five-year, $118 million contract. Per the league’s collective bargaining agreement, though, the Heat would not be able to receive financial relief against the salary cap until the one-year anniversary of Bosh’s last game. He last played Feb. 9 against the Spurs. So, the Heat would carry his $23.7 million salary for next season against its cap and wouldn’t be free of it until the summer of 2017.
So naw, it wont happen

ARmSfQj.jpg

I know I've said this before...but I would love to see someone make a site collecting opposing fan reactions to Steph Curry daggering their team

I bet he was more shocked about Green hugging Deng.

giphy.gif

Can't disagree with that no call...but let's face it, that game was poorly officiated on both sides. Wade got gifted so many free throws last night (the most egregious coming from a Klay foul in which Klay not only was avoiding contact from Wade but didn't even touch him) and Josh Richardson spent the whole night mauling Steph and pulling his jersey off the ball. Hardly a one sided affair.

Can't disagree with that...but let's face it, that game was poorly officiated on both sides. Wade got gifted so many free throws last night (the most egregious coming from a Klay foul in which Klay not only was avoiding contact from Wade but didn't even touch him). Hardly a one sided affair.

Yeah I agree the officials were bad on both ends. I even posted how the refs were bailing Wade out. And to be fair, they were consistent in not calling moving screens on both teams the entire game, as Whiteside got away with plenty.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt but I have very little interest. Let Smart, Turner, Bradley, Crowder continue to play. He's not a better player than any of them.

He would be nice to have at the end of games sometimes though. He's legit there.

I wouldn't want him taking serious minutes away from any of those guys but I'll take all the scorers we can get.

If he's going anywhere, he's going to the Cavs.

let's not play ourselves.

that man wants a ring, wanted it back when KG and PP was there and he still wants it now.

spyder_ur

Please don't come to Cleveland. I want to see Kevin Martin in wine and gold
sad.gif

FUCK I trust Joe Johnson as far as I can throw him. Mr. "Disappears In The Playoffs" himself. I can already picture him going 2/8 in every game in the Finals.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Take it for what it's worth, but there was an article recently on HoopsHype about how Joe Johnson is one of the most clutch players in the NBA over the past decade or so. I'd certainly rather have him taking big shots than Shumpert or JR.

The fact that you'd seem to prefer Kevin Martin of all players for playoff performance is a little bizarre to me.

"Sources: Former Net Joe Johnson is heavily considering joining the Cavaliers, Heat and Hawks. Celtics and Thunder are close behind for now." - @MikeAScotto

Please don't come to Cleveland. I want to see Kevin Martin in wine and gold
sad.gif

FUCK I trust Joe Johnson as far as I can throw him. Mr. "Disappears In The Playoffs" himself. I can already picture him going 2/8 in every game in the Finals.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

If you're expecting big things from Joe Johnson you're probably going to be disappointed but I think he'll be more than fine as a bench player.

Tom Penny

"Sources: Former Net Joe Johnson is heavily considering joining the Cavaliers, Heat and Hawks. Celtics and Thunder are close behind for now." - @MikeAScotto

If you're expecting big things from Joe Johnson you're probably going to be disappointed but I think he'll be more than fine as a bench player.

I'm expecting the Nets get worse solidifying a top 5 pick.

Top Bottom