• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Warriors getting complacent and a bit predictable. They lose this by a ton if Curry isn't Curry.

A few concerning things:

They never fight over or through pick and rolls anymore...they switch it every single time. Mix it up or other teams will continue to take advantage. Don't be so predictable.

How about varying Curry's rest-time? You are giving away a tactical advantage by basically telling every team, "HEY WE AREN'T PLAYING CURRY AND GREEN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE 2ND and 4TH QUARTERS!!!!". Teams can and do take advantage of this...I mean...who wouldn't?

Yes, of course...turnovers...keep it simple guys. If you don't worry about being spectacular you'll keep the ball more and these close games will be blowouts.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lmao @ Dwight getting clowned hard by his own teammates. And a rookie no less.

http://deadspin.com/if-you-like-making-fun-of-dwight-howard-youll-like-thi-1763558180

1YwLyVl.gif

phanphare

Banned
kemba walker may have the dirtiest crossover in the game

damn

edit: vine

https://vine.co/v/iXEz3jwzbqV

Zach Lowe agrees!

from his 2015/16 Marc Gasol All-Stars article

Zach Lowe said:
Walker might have the league's nastiest crossover, a low-to-the-ground left-to-right job that leaves saps lurching the wrong way on broken ankles. He'll fake toward a pick, coax his man that direction, and then zoom the other way into open water. Trap him on the pick-and-roll, and he'll scrunch down like a sprinter at the starting block before jetting through the crevice in between defenders.

Walker manages three direction changes in the time it takes most dudes to pull one, but when he sees a clear lane to pay dirt, he can hit the turbo button for a straight ahead bum-rush. The threat of that drive spooks defenders into backpedaling, and Walker exploits that with a deadly step-back jumper that covers so much ground that it's really more of a lunge-back shot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14924135/a-guide-most-watchable-players-nba

To be clear, those tweets were before last night's game.

Neither LeBron nor Kyrie has tweeted anything since. More as it develops. Now time for weather on the 4s.

yeah I missed that

I'd be willing to trade that for the core playing very well.

Core is good, not great. Losing the draft pick would really hurt them. Not advocating a Sixers thing here, but by all accounts the Lakers should be losing.

You should be happy with the progress though. The backcourt looks much, much better.

Lakers have 2 legit players in Clarkson and D'Angelo, one potentially legit guy in Randle and one good young rookie role player in Nance. Another top 3 player would be icing on the cake. Come get some of this, KD.

Sandfox

Core is good, not great. Losing the draft pick would really hurt them. Not advocating a Sixers thing here, but by all accounts the Lakers should be losing.

You should be happy with the progress though. The backcourt looks much, much better.

I would like to keep the draft pick, but I care more about how the players we have now are playing for multiple reasons. it's all going to come down to the lottery anyways.

That would be a bad trade.
Not really because we have something to build around and show other players around the league. Also, this upcoming draft sucks and next year's is supposed to be pretty deep.

Not really because we have something to build around and show other players around the league. Also, this upcoming draft sucks and next year's is supposed to be pretty deep.

Do you really think a handful of wins is going to be the difference between these guys developing properly or turning into busts? As for your second point, what the hell do the Lakers need to show other players around the league? Is the team still based in LA? That's probably enough for most players.

The ideal is for the young guys to play well and play a lot and for the team to lose, which is certainly possible. Wins don't mean shit at this point. D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle aren't going to be better players next year because the team won 20 games instead of 15.

Guh. Keeping the pick this year means there's a good shot the Lakers come away with Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram. Add a quality free agent and you've got the makings of something.

Losing the pick may or may not impact your ability to get a free agent*, but with an improving roster, the Lakers won't be at the very top of the draft next year, and with a free agent, they might be fairly deep in the lottery. If the Lakers were my team, I'd like a shot this year at Simmons or Ingram, thank you very much. (And if the Lakers are at the top of next year's draft, that's another year of moribund basketball, and imagine how insufferable many Lakers fans would be under that scenario.)

That said, keep winning and lose the pick, because I'm not a Lakers fan.

------
*Because it's LA and there won't be a Kobe problem. Though come to think of it, the Lakers' brass would be wise not to overplay the "LA" angle at the expense of basketball, as happened with Aldridge.

Sandfox

Guh. Keeping the pick this year means there's a good shot the Lakers come away with Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram. Add a quality free agent and you've got the makings of something.

Losing the pick may or may not impact your ability to get a free agent*, but with an improving roster, the Lakers won't be at the very top of the draft next year, and with a free agent, they might be fairly deep in the lottery. If the Lakers were my team, I'd like a shot this year at Simmons or Ingram, thank you very much.

That said, keep winning, because I'm not a Lakers fan.

------
*Because it's LA and there won't be a Kobe problem. Though come to think of it, the Lakers' brass would be wise not to overplay the "LA" angle at the expense of basketball, as happened with Aldridge.
I said I would want to keep the pick, but its going to come down to a coin flip so I don't focus on it. I'm expecting the team to finish with the second worst record even with the wins the team has been seeing.

Also, I would rather have a later pick in next year's draft than the third pick in this upcoming draft.

Lillard is a fucking boss. Nobody is taking that thing from Steph but if anyone should it's him.

On that note, the Mavericks are 7th in the West just one win behind Portland. Carlisle should get COTY considerations, that roster absolutely sucks.

Jarate

Banned
tbh I might honestly rather have the 10th pick next year then the 4th pick this year cause the draft is so bad outside of the top 2

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Current Tank Watch standings:

OgU8vX3.png

Lakers still have a decent shot at falling to 4th or even 5th if they keep winning.

Jarate

Banned
those 12 losses have honestly been some of the worst losses I can remember during the tank. People on philly boards are getting super unrestless now like ive never seen before in the tank era.

We gave Noel and Okafor a couple of days off, because they seemed to have lost a lot of energy while playing (especially Nerlens Noel whose only useful as a high energy player)

but yead, our tank strategy is in full force and I doubt we win 6 more games this season if theoretically the Lakers shit their pants and lose every game

It is crazy just how badly trading for Steve Nash hurt the Lakers. I mean holy cow. If the Lakers lose out on the #4 pick this year, it could be historically bad.

Top Bottom