• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Phil says he gave Kurt a directive to make a playoff push. "That hasn't happened." Says team still wants to win. "We wanna have momentum..."

... and we don't want Toronto to have a good draft pick."

Fuck you Phil. Nothing stops your tank train.

Jarate

Banned
I swear we have the worst luck with big men :/ I've read its not a huge deal in the long term, but man.

Also. We lost like another 3 players in this game in a nasty fall. Covington looks real bad and Grant looks OK.

God, the worst thing on earth is if we don't get the #1 pick or #2 pick, then I'll consider that our basketball team was cursed from the basketball gods for tanking.

At least we finally got a win! Although the nets are a trainwreck.

Jarate

Banned
Hoiberg is a goner after this season. I mean injuries and all but the Bulls are garbagio

Remember when they had an actual good coach but fired him because Derick Rose had exploding knees?

And then Butler complained because Hoiberg wasn't working them hard enough in practice, which is why they hired him

Bulls FO is a mess

2015 draft class is great.

Heat beating up bums but I like that we can make more than 2 3s a night now.

If we can get Bosh back
vOb6SpH.png

Jarate

Banned
2016 draft class is pretty weak outside the top 2

Hell, no one even knows who the 3rd pick will be. Dragan Bender, Jamal Murray, hell I even like Buddy Hield

Kickz

RUBIOOOOOOOOOO with the game winner

Man does OKC suck....

These guys will not pass 2nd round with their horrendous defense

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Why do the dubs always give away a tactical advantage by substituting Curry at the exact same time every game? Especially if he is hot...let it ride a few minutes and make up the time later.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why do the dubs always give away a tactical advantage by substituting Curry at the exact same time every game? Especially if he is hot...let it ride a few minutes and make up the time later.

???

Almost every team does this with their rotations.

Jarate

Banned

2015 class is really good

I dont think people realize how good KAT has been.

23.1 PER (14th in NBA)

Michael Jordan* ▪ CHI 25.8
David Robinson* ▪ SAS 24.9
Karl-Anthony Towns ▪ MIN 23.1
Shaquille O'Neal ▪ ORL 22.9
Terry Cummings ▪ SDC 22.8
Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 22.6
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* ▪ MIL 22.5
Nikola Jokic ▪ DEN 22.2
Walter Davis ▪ PHO 22.1
Chris Paul ▪ NOK 22.1
Blake Griffin ▪ LAC 21.9
Chris Webber ▪ GSW 21.7
Elton Brand ▪ CHI 20.6
Larry Bird* ▪ BOS 20.5

These are stacked up against some of the best rookie seasons ever post 70's. And he's only 19

15 is considered an average score for PER in the NBA

Okafor sits at 17.4, Porzingis 18.1, Myles Turner is at 15.7, Cauley-Stein is at 15.7, Richaun Holmes is at 16.5 (Check this dude out, he's gonna be nasty).

7 NBA rookies who are having a season that's better then average. When I tell you how insane that is, Im telling you it's absolutely bonkers.

PBR doesnt let me search for just rookie seasons so I might be missing some random guys out there, but this rookie class can easily be GOAT. These stats ignore D'Angelo Russel, who might finish above 15 PER (14.8) and TJ McConnel (14.5)

I dont necessarily think PER is a good stat to judge only, but it's a really good stat to use as a "combined" stat that weighs a lot of factors (kind of like QB rating). Jokic also is seemingly weird here as he doesnt get a lot of press, but that advanced stats love this guy.

Overall, this is everything that people wanted in the 2014 draft, except not nearly as disspointing. KAT is honestly one of the best rookies to ever play in the NBA, and he's only 19

Jarate

Banned
Nah the Warriors are much more religious about it. If you are predictable, good teams will take advantage (and it has been noticeable the last month or so).

NBA regular season is literally useless at this stage, in fact, they might be doing this to switch it up in the playoffs to throw teams off

Like, these last 20 games are pretty useless for the most part. Teams already have an identity and we already know who the good teams are.

Tom Penny

2015 class is really good

I dont think people realize how good KAT has been.

23.1 PER (14th in NBA)

Michael Jordan* ▪ CHI 25.8
David Robinson* ▪ SAS 24.9
Karl-Anthony Towns ▪ MIN 23.1
Shaquille O'Neal ▪ ORL 22.9
Terry Cummings ▪ SDC 22.8
Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 22.6
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* ▪ MIL 22.5
Nikola Jokic ▪ DEN 22.2
Walter Davis ▪ PHO 22.1
Chris Paul ▪ NOK 22.1
Blake Griffin ▪ LAC 21.9
Chris Webber ▪ GSW 21.7
Elton Brand ▪ CHI 20.6
Larry Bird* ▪ BOS 20.5

These are stacked up against some of the best rookie seasons ever post 70's. And he's only 19

15 is considered an average score for PER in the NBA

Okafor sits at 17.4, Porzingis 18.1, Myles Turner is at 15.7, Cauley-Stein is at 15.7, Richaun Holmes is at 16.5 (Check this dude out, he's gonna be nasty).

7 NBA rookies who are having a season that's better then average. When I tell you how insane that is, Im telling you it's absolutely bonkers.

PBR doesnt let me search for just rookie seasons so I might be missing some random guys out there, but this rookie class can easily be GOAT. These stats ignore D'Angelo Russel, who might finish above 15 PER (14.8) and TJ McConnel (14.5)

I dont necessarily think PER is a good stat to judge only, but it's a really good stat to use as a "combined" stat that weighs a lot of factors (kind of like QB rating). Jokic also is seemingly weird here as he doesnt get a lot of press, but that advanced stats love this guy.

Overall, this is everything that people wanted in the 2014 draft, except not nearly as disspointing. KAT is honestly one of the best rookies to ever play in the NBA, and he's only 19

Congrats on Okafor being dead last in real plus minus in the entire league at his position and the entire league as a whole. Great PER Though !!!

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
NBA regular season is literally useless at this stage, in fact, they might be doing this to switch it up in the playoffs to throw teams off

Like, these last 20 games are pretty useless for the most part. Teams already have an identity and we already know who the good teams are.

I agree for the most part and it wouldn't matter except the Spurs are within striking distance and you really don't want to lose homecourt to them (or play the Thunder in the second round).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I agree for the most part and it wouldn't matter except the Spurs are within striking distance and you really don't want to lose homecourt to them (or play the Thunder in the second round).

You're overthinking this.

Their rotations are no different than any other team.

Notice Dame Lilliard didn't start the second quarter as well as example.

This is what happens in the regular season, once playoffs start rotations get tighter and rest fewer.

Piecake

I just checked Rubio's FG% for the last 10 games and it actually is at a not terribly bad 42%. Slight improvement that might be a total mirage! I'll take it!

Jarate

Banned
Congrats on Okafor being dead last in real plus minus in the entire league at his position. Great PER Though !!!

Most advanced stats either hate or love Okafor.

There's a few things that the advanced stats don't comprehend that affect them so much

-He sucks at rebounding as a big man
-He sucks at defense, absolutely dreadful
-He hasn't passed well this season

Defense and Rebounding can get foxed once he gets into better shape. He still has a bit of baby fat on him and doesn't look like an adult.

But, inhibiting him is,

-He's on one of the worst teams ever
-the team he's on is probably the worst half court offense I've ever seen
-he doesn't like to pass because his teammates can't shoot. (The amount of wide open 3s misses this year is absurd)
-he hardly ever gets assists because his team sucks so much at half court sets.
-he's incredibly high iseage despite being a rookie.

Okafor has a few things going for him
-His true shooting is insane for a guy that doesn't shoot outside shots and has to create his own shot more then half the time
-He has by far the best offensive reptoire out of all the rookies in this draft.
-He's literally double teamed practically every game and still puts up those stats which all of the rookies get to afford not having to deal with.

Jarate

Banned
JumAvqw.gif

Thanks for the birthday dagger, Ricky!

KAT, though.

Towns is the better shooter by far which makes him a better offensive player. Okafor is much better right now at being a ball dominant player imo. Towns can be efficient in that offense in Minnesota without nearly as much work or effort then Okafor. The Sixers best offensive player outside of Okafor is Ish Smith, a guy who shoots like absolute garbage.

Also, since we're talking about RPM (real plus minus) I'd thought i'd shed light into how kind of stupid the stat is

According to RPM
-Damian Lillard is the 11th best PG in the league
-Khlay Thompson is worse then Khris Middleton and Manu Ginobli
-Giannis Antetokounmpo is the 22nd best SF in the game aparently
-Kevin Garnett is the 9th ranked PF
-KAT is the 33rd best Center, Andrew Bogut is apparently the 11th best center
-Victor Oladipo, a guy who has a hard time starting is the 6th best SG

I think the main issues is that the stat overvalues defense a ludicrous amount.

Jarate

Banned
Kyrie Irving is also the 30th ranked RPM pg right now.

I betcha teams are clamoring for MCW because he's apparently better then Kyrie Irving

Top Bottom