• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What is happening to GSW? This game is actually close? Lol

They've actually scored like 10 more points this quarter to boot to make it close.

C'mon Phoenix, break that home streak so the Spurs are the only undefeated at home team. :p

hbkdx12

What is happening to GSW? This game is actually close? Lol
It's been like this pretty much all season. Teams that really should offer them no competition are the ones that go the distance

I fully expect the Knicks next week to run away with their lunch money pretty much up until the 4th quarter

I dunno...tonight just seems more like Phoenix catching fire rather than the Warriors dropping the ball.

Mo Buckets went into Speights Jam mode...

CZyLWbRVIAAwFlq.jpg

Also another no look Curry 3..
https://streamable.com/88n6

Fjordson

I'm just gonna hope these performances are boredom in the dog days of the season. They're so incredibly bad.

Also, Mo Speights is so much better since Kerr came back. I don't fully understand it, but I ain't complaining.

Im enjoying this big slide by the thunder tbh

Kind of nice to see the poor decisions made by management over the years manifest in an incredibly inconsistent team. Doesnt matter how hard KD and YNB ball, this team's ceiling is the conference semis.

ampere

The way the warriors are playing this season I'd be willing to bet http://i.imgur.com/ET2bnzp.jpg[mg] would SWEEP [img]http://i.imgur.com/KD2l9cp.jpg[img] in a best of seven series by 30 to 40 points each game. I mean Lillard got beaten down by absolute Gods tonight. :([/QUOTE]

Is this a real post? You know some of those guys could score like Curry and get DPOY right

KazenY2J

The way the warriors are playing this season I'd be willing to bet
ET2bnzp.jpg
would SWEEP
KD2l9cp.jpg
in a best of seven series by 30 to 40 points each game. I mean Lillard got beaten down by absolute Gods tonight. :(
If they're all in their prime there ain't no way.
Especially Jordan, Shaq, and Magic.

Cheebo

Banned
ET2bnzp.jpg
would SWEEP
KD2l9cp.jpg
in a best of seven series by 30 to 40 points each game. I mean Lillard got beaten down by absolute Gods tonight. :(

Wow. There is no way you can't be serious unless you have never seen a single NBA game prior to 2015.

hbkdx12

After watching the clippers a few times this season I can't help but wonder what keeps them in the conversation amongst elite teams in the nba.

This game was just horrible. They just chucked up bricked threes pretty much the whole game

When has Kobe ever played the 3? Why would you need Kobe when you have Jordan?

Kobe's played the 3 at various points in his career.

Miami Bron was a 40% 3 pt shooter.

the rest of 'em?

RIP.

mike was decent for that era though.

Mike would've risen to the challenge (Remember the shrug game? 6 3 pointers in response to people saying he couldn't shoot 3's). Also, this is the same guy that bought a ping pong table and learned how to play ping pong in the offseason because he lost to his teammates at it.

rambis

Banned
Kobe's played the 3 at various points in his career.

Mike would've risen to the challenge (Remember the shrug game? 6 3 pointers in response to people saying he couldn't shoot 3's). Also, this is the same guy that bought a ping pong table and learned how to play ping pong in the offseason because he lost to his teammates at it.
Obviously there will be different lineups especially in the triangle but he's never been a 3 in any practical terms. Kobes a gunner always has been and is going out like that.

nillah

Banned
Jackson's right about teams not needing a point guard to win a championship (funny coming from someone who coached two premier SG's lolol)

But I personally want to reiterate that every player should know how every position is played. That's at least what they use to teach...

ET2bnzp.jpg
would SWEEP
KD2l9cp.jpg
lol

Replace Lebron with Scottie Pippen and GS don't have a chance

The Vertical kind of goes in on Ben Simmons and his hype.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-be...prospect-in-the-2016-nba-draft-190023711.html

Long before some of the loudest but most uninformed voices anointed Ben Simmons the next LeBron James or Magic Johnson, there was already a significant debate within NBA front offices about whether Simmons was even the consensus No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft. As the flaws in Simmons’ game became more apparent for LSU this season, the question has never changed: Who’s No. 1 in June?

For several reasons, Simmons’ candidacy as the No. 1 overall prospect is in peril.

Simmons’ box scores have grown increasingly hollow. One NBA executive described him as a “taller Rajon Rondo, a more athletic Evan Turner, or a skinnier Royce White.” Simmons has displayed a penchant for stat-mongering like few players in recent memory, seeming to pad his numbers in blowouts. At times, it appears he only passes when guaranteed an assist and chases home-run plays at inopportune times in search of a highlight. Simmons seems to value those things over winning.

The uncertainty surrounding Simmons has cleared the way for Duke forward Brandon Ingram to be considered the No. 1 overall prospect.

Ingram is 14 months younger than Simmons, has a longer wingspan by four inches and a standing reach six and a half inches higher. Ingram is a better shooter – which is perhaps the most important skill in today’s NBA – and has shown a much better trajectory throughout the college season. The intel on Ingram as a teammate and competitor has been much stronger than Simmons’. Yes, Ingram has a much more frail frame now, but it’s easy to envision him filling out as he ages and matures.

Much more behind the link.

I just read the article. I haven't been following college hoops but it's surprising to see LSU not in the NCAA tourney. When was the last time a top prospect's team didn't make the tourney (not counting HS or overseas prospects of course)?

The good new in regards to Simmons' lack of drive is that the same criticism was levied at Wiggins as well. The stat hunting however doesn't sound good.

Not that it matters because he's still the number 1 prospect going away, but it'll be a shame that we won't get to see Ben Simmons even play one tourney game. No idea why the fuck he picked LSU, but I guess it doesn't matter since he rightly has had his sights set on the NBA from the jump.

I just read the article. I haven't been following college hoops but it's surprising to see LSU not in the NCAA tourney. When was the last time a top prospect's team didn't make the tourney (not counting HS or overseas prospects of course)?

The good new in regards to Simmons' lack of drive is that the same criticism was levied at Wiggins as well. The stat hunting however doesn't sound good.

Olawakandi was the last time a no. 1 overall pick came from a team that didn't make the tourney. I think Simmons does have a little of that same attitude that Wiggins has, that might prevent him from being at that super high top tier, but he's still an insane talent. Him not making the tourney is more about the team he picked to join than his own individual talent.

Kandi man being the last prospect doesn't bode well....I feel like it's a bit of a cause for concern since you don't see this happening often. I get the impression that top prospects typically carry their teams to tourney births regardless of their team's talent levels. But that's just a very superficial impression that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong about.

Kandi man being the last prospect doesn't bode well....I feel like it's a bit of a cause for concern since you don't see this happening often. I get the impression that top prospects typically carry their teams to tourney births regardless of their team's talent levels. But that's just a very superficial impression that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong about.

You don't see it often because the absolute number 1 top high school prospects rarely agree to go to a team/school as shitty as LSU is right now as a favor to their dad's buddy. Not sure how much it mattered to Ben though. He probably treated this season as a training camp for the NBA.

Fjordson

LSU's associate head coach is his godfather, that's what I've always seen media guys say is the main reason he went there.

I definitely think Simmons was overhyped coming into the season. He pouts with the worst of them, has no jumper and no right hand. I said this in the college thread, but I would be tempted to take Ingram first over Simmons. Measures out better physically and can actually shoot.

Ingram has his flaws too. He's a pretty poor rebounder for his size in college, which is not a great sign if he projects out to a stretch 4 in the pros. I think both are fantastic prospects but I'd give Simmons the slight edge because I think his skills give him a higher floor (and ceiling). For a guy his size, his tremendous handle, passing and ability to attack the basket is going to play and make him an impact player, even if he doesn't turn out to be a franchise guy.

Simmons’ box scores have grown increasingly hollow. One NBA executive described him as a “taller Rajon Rondo, a more athletic Evan Turner, or a skinnier Royce White.” Simmons has displayed a penchant for stat-mongering like few players in recent memory, seeming to pad his numbers in blowouts. At times, it appears he only passes when guaranteed an assist and chases home-run plays at inopportune times in search of a highlight. Simmons seems to value those things over winning.

Burn

Fjordson

Ingram has his flaws too. He's a pretty poor rebounder for his size in college, which is not a great sign if he projects out to a stretch 4 in the pros. I think both are fantastic prospects but I'd give Simmons the slight edge because I think his skills give him a higher floor (and ceiling). For a guy his size, his tremendous handle, passing and ability to attack the basket is going to play and make him an impact player, even if he doesn't turn out to be a franchise guy.
Simmons is probably the safer bet but man was he unimpressive watching him against Kentucky. Easy to attack on offense and on defense we just sagged off him and sat on his left hand.

Part of it is the media hype which is maybe unfair to him, but I hadn't see him much before the first Kentucky game and after it all I could feel was confusion over the idea of this guy being the next Lebron.

Jarate

Banned
Simmons is probably the safer bet but man was he unimpressive watching him against Kentucky. Easy to attack on offense and on defense we just sagged off him and sat on his left hand.

Part of it is the media hype which is maybe unfair to him, but I hadn't see him much before the first Kentucky game and after it all I could feel was confusion over the idea of this guy being the next Lebron.

It's 1 game that you watched him. He's an elite passer, and is able to play PG on offense, and is also able to play every position. Even with his deficiencies in shooting, all he needs to do is be a great distributor and a great driver, which it looks like he can do

This draft is really bad though.

Top Bottom