• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Fjordson

This Clippers game can't come soon enough, Dubs love the sight of Doc and friends.
Lmao. Seriously maybe that will be the antidote.

Turnovers tonight were fucking ridiculous. Multiple times stepping on the sideline, Curry traveling, Draymond traveling. They desperately need to clean that up. And Bogut needs to get healthy ASAP. McAdoo ain't ready.

phanphare

Banned
pretty funny that the hornets scored 7 points in the first quarter and jeremy lin was the one to go off. can't believe I didn't put that together sooner lol

Spurs lost to Hornets? What?

Spurs and Warriors legs must be shot. Stupid run for the record is going to wear on the Dubs.

Doesn't help that Dre and Ezeli are out.

Spurs lost to Hornets? What?

Charlotte is 16-4 over the last 20. What you saw tonight was an NBA Finals preview.

June parade on Tryon St. Believe.

3.gif

We'll spruce the place up a bit before everyone gets here.

Lebron to Spurs and Durant and Horford to Toronto :D

But seriously would Lebron leave Cleveland again....???

Durant to TO would be insane, not happening but would be insane. Horford would look good in TO, perfect piece. Pops isn't gonna want Lebron, the price is not worth it for the Spurs system. I mean, Lebron doesn't have much time left in him. Any place he goes and that wants him needs to be in win now mode. Spurs have been in win always mode forever lol.

Spurs and Warriors legs must be shot. Stupid run for the record is going to wear on the Dubs.
Regardless of the record, the Spurs are still on their heels. So Dubs still need to protect top seed. Home court is huge. If the Spurs were behind by more games, then both teams could be taking nights off, since neither are within reach of the third seed. But yeah, injuries ain't helping.

Thinking about what the Warriors would have to give up to get KD, Barnes is easy to let go. Iggy is the one I'm torn over. Dude is old and has to take nights off, but he is a major difference maker on this team. I haven't looked at all the games he's missed but from memory Warriors seemed to have struggled in the majority of the games he's missed. Like Kerr said, Iggy is a calming force on the team and has super high ball IQ. The team runs better on both sides of the ball when he's on the court, especially the defensive end. I don't know why he hasn't had serious consideration for 6MOY.

Fjordson

Tonight was actually pretty big as far as the conference race. A 4 game cushion now with 12 games left is not totally safe, but it's getting there.

Warriors don't look good right now, though, so who knows.

KingBroly

Banned
pretty funny that the hornets scored 7 points in the first quarter and jeremy lin was the one to go off. can't believe I didn't put that together sooner lol

Hornets Strategy for the rest of the year: Score 7 in the first, put Lin in for the rest of the game. Because his number is 7, you see.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What I get is that Bogut and Iggy are important as fuck to the Warriors offense. That and Curry has in general just looked like shit. But hey, 82 games, he's allowed to have a few bad nights.

LolSpurs. If they lose another game before facing the Warriors again, I think Pop will concede the first seed to the Warriors.

Beat the Warriors, lose to the Hornets.

So very Spurs-like this season. :/

The hornets are legit good though. They've been playing damn well since the all star break and are likely to pull off an upset in the playoffs.

As a heat fan, i'd much rather see the Cavs than the Hornets in the playoffs just to give you an idea

Misterhbk

The Warriors just finished up a stretch where they played something like 10 games in 15 nights or so. They are gassed, clearly. Add in being down their two best rim protectors and their best perimeter defender, and their best PG. Man they must be ready to go home. Glad they got through that stretch, and now get 4 in a row at home. As those guys slowly come back from injury, I think Bogut is day to day and Iggy will probably be back for the last two games of this home stand, they'll get their legs back and be fine. They literally just blew teams out all last week, but it's clearly worn on them. Add in that McAdoo is legit fucking terrible. Dude looks so clueless on the court.

What I get is that Bogut and Iggy are important as fuck to the Warriors offense. That and Curry has in general just looked like shit. But hey, 82 games, he's allowed to have a few bad nights.

LolSpurs. If they lose another game before facing the Warriors again, I think Pop will concede the first seed to the Warriors.

Jeremy Lin's a Warriors fan still... He had to do his part for dubnation.

Some thoughts last night- I only caught the second half.

-Curry definitely looks fatigued. It's probably too late to do this but it might be time to put a harder cap on his minutes. Also, it was funny seeing that incredulous look on his face when he made those two heaves that didn't count (foul before the shot).
-Not valuing possessions- So many unforced errors in the second half. The defense was solid but until the stretch run in the 4th quarter, the timber pups had like 10 shots more than the dubs
-Klay Thompson FG stat line- 5-5 from 3 point land....0-8 everywhere else. If you're a shooter, how would you feel about having a shooting night like that?
-Mo Buckets was NO Buckets last night - I dunno what Ron Adams and Steve Kerr have been doing but all of a sudden Speights is showing some rim protecting prowess. He had 3 blocks but also quite a few shot alters at the rim (it's not just last night but also these last games starting with the homestand). I love how he's stepped up his game on the defensive end. No longer just drawing charges but properly contesting shots. He isn't really out jumping guys but his timing has all of a sudden been on point (It's like Bogut defending the rim. Bogut isn't an amazingly explosive leaper nor is he quick. His shot blocking comes from his anticipation and timing.)
-Game was won by the bench mob led by Livingston. Those early minutes in the 4th to me were what set up the win. Livingston, Speights, and Barbosa just set the tone for the starters to finish.

Fjordson

The Warriors just finished up a stretch where they played something like 10 games in 15 nights or so. They are gassed, clearly. Add in being down their two best rim protectors and their best perimeter defender, and their best PG. Man they must be ready to go home. Glad they got through that stretch, and now get 4 in a row at home. As those guys slowly come back from injury, I think Bogut is day to day and Iggy will probably be back for the last two games of this home stand, they'll get their legs back and be fine. They literally just blew teams out all last week, but it's clearly worn on them. Add in that McAdoo is legit fucking terrible. Dude looks so clueless on the court.
McAdoo lmao. He definitely ain't ready, despite the occasional display of nice athleticism.

Jeremy Lin's a Warriors fan still... He had to do his part for dubnation.

Some thoughts last night- I only caught the second half.

-Curry definitely looks fatigued. It's probably too late to do this but it might be time to put a harder cap on his minutes. Also, it was funny seeing that incredulous look on his face when he made those two heaves that didn't count (foul before the shot).
-Not valuing possessions- So many unforced errors in the second half. The defense was solid but until the stretch run in the 4th quarter, the timber pups had like 10 shots more than the dubs
-Klay Thompson FG stat line- 5-5 from 3 point land....0-8 everywhere else. If you're a shooter, how would you feel about having a shooting night like that?
-Mo Buckets was NO Buckets last night - I dunno what Ron Adams and Steve Kerr have been doing but all of a sudden Speights is showing some rim protecting prowess. He had 3 blocks but also quite a few shot alters at the rim (it's not just last night but also these last games starting with the homestand). I love how he's stepped up his game on the defensive end. No longer just drawing charges but properly contesting shots. He isn't really out jumping guys but his timing has all of a sudden been on point (It's like Bogut defending the rim. Bogut isn't an amazingly explosive leaper nor is he quick. His shot blocking comes from his anticipation and timing.)
-Game was won by the bench mob led by Livingston. Those early minutes in the 4th to me were what set up the win. Livingston, Speights, and Barbosa just set the tone for the starters to finish.
Mo has been so good lately. Total 180 from early in the season.

And yeah, the bench was damn good. The broadcast had a stat near halftime that said Minnesota's starters had to that point outscored GS's starters like 46-31, yet we were only down 1.

What do you think of Barnes? He looks awful these days. I wonder if he still isn't 100% back from the ankle injury. Not with the ankle specifically, but just like confidence in it holding up and his conditioning. He doesn't look explosive at all (and he's also not knocking down open 3's created by Curry and Klay lately).

I can't speak for Barnes but as a person with ankle problems and actually got over them....that shit takes forever to recover from and while you're playing on it, it really affects your shot. However, I don't quite get why he's all of a sudden terrible at finishing near the rim (I mean he's never been great, but he's been blowing all sorts of layups lately).

jbug617

Banned
Media Twitter is hinting some big Kevin Johnson news is going to be on HBO Real Sports tonight about multiple sexual misconduct

Top Bottom