• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
It's a 2 man draft. I'd be absolutely ecstatic to get the 2nd pick, and wouldn't care who got 1st. But fuck the Celtics anyway.

3 man now, Dragan Bender apparently has an opt out clause in his contract allowing him to play in America immediately. He's a really, really good prospect.

I really want Whiteside....but that's probably not going to happen...LOL.

He'll cost Max money and has a little too much Bynum in him, in terms of not giving a fuck, for my liking. I'd pass. We should try and get a vet on the fairly cheap. If we can get someone like Joakim on a Rondo type deal for a season I think that will work. It's not like we're trying to compete for a title overnight. I'd pump the brakes on any max contracts unless it's Durant or something.

He'll cost Max money and has a little too much Bynum in him, in terms of not giving a fuck, for my liking. I'd pass. We should try and get a vet on the fairly cheap. If we can get someone like Joakim on a Rondo type deal for a season I think that will work. It's not like we're trying to compete for a title overnight. I'd pump the brakes on any max contracts unless it's Durant or something.

In that case, Noah sounds like a good choice. Most other veteran big mans are slow as hell.

Tom Penny

Whiteside has knees I think..

Jarate

Banned
Never trust a Euro.

Then you'll pass up on players like Porzingis

He's 7'1", 225 lbs, can play all 3 frontcourt positions well, is a good passer and is just as athletic as Porzingis. He's also a year younger then him. Porzingis though was a much better prospect coming out, as his KP's offensive and defensive abilities are much better then bender's right now. Bender still has the ability to make a jumpshot (he's streaky) and his defensive deficiencies might be due to the fact that he's 18.

Euroleague players are generally better basketball players then the NCAA at this stage. There's been a ludicrous amount of good development of the game. Plus for every Darko Milicic, there's a Michael Beasely too.

Considering how you probably dont need another guard, Jaylen Brown might be your best option, or Jakob Poetl?

There's an absolute huge difference gulf between Dunn/Brown and Bender

Unathletic Euros is the way to go for sure...

Same athletic measurables as KP, just a bit shorter and not as well developed BBIQ wise (he's a year younger). This will be much more of a "building" pick then KP was (he never deserved that moniker, his weight is not an issue is he most plays on the perimeter)

Then you'll pass up on players like Porzingis

He's 7'1", 225 lbs, can play all 3 frontcourt positions well, is a good passer and is just as athletic as Porzingis. He's also a year younger then him. Porzingis though was a much better prospect coming out, as his KP's offensive and defensive abilities are much better then bender's right now. Bender still has the ability to make a jumpshot (he's streaky) and his defensive deficiencies might be due to the fact that he's 18.

Euroleague players are generally better basketball players then the NCAA at this stage. There's been a ludicrous amount of good development of the game. Plus for every Darko Milicic, there's a Michael Beasely too.

Considering how you probably dont need another guard, Jaylen Brown might be your best option, or Jakob Poetl?

There's an absolute huge difference gulf between Dunn/Brown and Bender

no thanks on Poetl. I like Brown because he seems like will be able to play/guard multiple perimeter positions, which is super valuable these days. Dunn and Hield just seem like they have limited ceilings to me. People compare Buddy to Wade, but I see more of Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams type of comp for him.

Still not as bad as the Lakers beating the Warriors a few weeks back (However the fuck that happened). LeBron kinda overreacted in that vine though, they basically have the 1 seed locked up and should still make it to the finals.

Jarate

Banned
no thanks on Poetl. I like Brown because he seems like will be able to play/guard multiple perimeter positions, which is super valuable these days. Dunn and Hield just seem like they have limited ceilings to me. People compare Buddy to Wade, but I see more of Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams type of comp for him.

Jamal Crawford is a better comp for Hield, and I dont like the Wade/williams comparisons as much cause neither of those players are as good of a shooter as Hield can be. Especially Lou Will

Prime Jamal Crawford still got you ~18-20 PPG. Buddy just needs to be able to play defense and he can start in our SG starved league

Tom Penny

Dunn is more Wade. Buddy can immediately just flat out shoot but I don't know his ceiling.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm out till playoffs for the most part..... I hope my bulls don't even make it.

If they do it will probably be Toronto at number one to get knocked off by the bulls lol..... Toronto can't beat the bulls for some odd reason.

But omg do the bulls suck! Stinks too with Rose playing the best offensively he has since 2011.

Fjordson

Jaylen Brown is intriguing at that point, if we can't trade the pick for DMC or something. No thanks on Dunn or Buddy Heild.

BTW I pickd up Jonathan Abrams "Boys Among Men" about the HS to NBA phenomenen and it's so far a pretty great read. Some great behind the scenes stories about the high school kids who went pro. They talk about how Jerry Krause had an offer on the table in 1997 of Scottie Pippen to the Celtics for one or both of their lottery picks, which Krause would have used on TMac who he had a hard on for. Supposedly Jordan threatened to retire and killed the deal, but imagine TMac playing with old man Jordan? It would have either made him even better or completely destroyed him. Krause also says that he was super close to drafting Shawn Kemp in 1989 but took Stacy King instead because he was afraid of Kemp being so young and playing so close to his home. Imagine Kemp/Jordan/Pippen all in their primes?!?
That's good to hear, was thinking of picking that up. Shea Serrano kept talking up the book on Twitter (another former Grantlander) and piqued my interest.

pretty obvious Cavs/LeBron threw that game against the nets

Celtics will be super strong with a top 2 pick and will sign Hortford, thus making KD come and LeBron got shook and told them to throw the game

Now Celtics will end up with #4 if the nets keep winning x suns keep losing

NBA is now the MCU

I haven't seen a player show this much frustration to his team since Kobe like in 06-07. But Lebron doing it on all phases on the court, practice, on social media, and to the media.

I'm too lazy to listen to it but apparently on this podcast Marc Spears said that Durant will give a meeting to the Celtics this summer.

number 1 or 2 pick will make KD come here if Al signs here or they get Boogie the god
then Pierce comes back, dumbass Ray comes back and Perkins comes back

It's amazing to see how LeBron can't deal with not being #1.

pretty much lol, what a fucking drama queen, hes just SHOOK since steph is younger and that core will be intact for a bit , Harrison is replaceable

Top Bottom