• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

hyp3rlink

Even when the Warriors were bad I thought the season was too long.

I mean look at tomorrow's big prime time game. Looks a lot worse now that the Spurs are resting Aldridge, Ginobli, Duncan, Parker and Kawhi. Just no need for this many games imo.

He is going Full Pop!

Bulls are the biggest joke in the East.

I couldn't help but laugh at all the analyst saying the Bulls would be a top 3/4 team in the East before the season started. Sure, Jimmy Butler is a rising star and Mirotic can be pretty good but Rose is awful and coaching change wouldn't make them a better team. Thibs made the Bulls a great defensive team and a new coach was supposed to keep that defensive identity? Lol.

nillah

Banned
Great team effort by the Cavs and welcoming back Mo...

The Knicks just don't have the pieces to run the triangle. As the 4th Q approached they completely abandoned the triangle and resorted chucking from down town...

Jarate

Banned
Can't believe the Suns are gonna be awarded Buddy Hield for fucking up their team. Hope Lakers pick Murray for their 2nd pick.

They're gonna get the 4th pick and convey it too the Sixer's

Sixer's next year

PG: Simmons
SG: Murray/Hield
SF: Saric
PF: Embiid
C: Okafor

Edit: Why would the suns draft Yield when they already have Booker at SG? Theoretically if you guys had the 3rd pick, you'd probably pick Dragan Bender, 4th is Dunn
Bench: Noel, Covington, Stauskas, Mcconel, Holmes, Grant + 2 more 1st rounder

That actually wouldn't be a bad team

The Hawks Stranded Jeff Teague At The Detroit Arena Last Night

xljoqdyl06ahjsswktlc.jpg

I respect the Hawks for doing this, look at how he's holding that pizza!

Jarate

Banned
It's safe to say that you have to be in shape to play basketball.....wow was I bad today.

I couldnt even imagine myself playing pickup ball right now, havent shot hoops in like a good 3 years and im super put of shape

I was always a good defender though, and im a decent post player. But man, my putside shot is probably shit right now.

I couldnt even imagine myself playing pickup ball right now, havent shot hoops in like a good 3 years and im super put of shape

I was always a good defender though, and im a decent post player. But man, my putside shot is probably shit right now.

Yeah, I've been slacking. last week I was raining threes, that was satisfying.

spyder_ur

Really enjoying the Mavs slide. I always thought that they couldn't keep up their pace and if they were hit with a couple injuries could easily slide into the lottery. Hopefully the Bulls and Wizards can sneak by them too.

It's safe to say that you have to be in shape to play basketball.....wow was I bad today.

Yeah I typically play 2-3 times a week but anytime I haven't played in a couple weeks it's pretty rough. It's not just a matter of being in shape - you body has to be used to the quick, sharp lateral movements and quick cuts.

Getting older sucks - my ankles are like paper mache.

hbkdx12

Got damn it, it's happening again isn't it?

Sixers are gonna make this a tightly contested game again aren't they?

Trash team + Early start time = Bad game for the dubs

At this rate the only chance dubs have at winning this is the fact that their at oracle.

Fjordson

Warriors are so annoying playing bad teams. They go up 20 and then say "eh fuck it". Start throwing the ball away, traveling, offensive fouls. Curry and the starters shouldn't even have to play past half time, but this will probably be close in the fourth quarter.

Fjordson

It's just such an annoying routine that shows up like clockwork against weak teams. They go up big and let go of the rope.

They've been mostly sharp against the top teams thankfully, but doing this shit in the playoffs can cost you a game.

Edit: 19 point lead down to 11 in what feels like 30 seconds lol.

hbkdx12

It's just such an annoying routine that shows up like clockwork against weak teams. They go up big and let go of the rope.

They've been mostly sharp against the top teams thankfully, but doing this shit in the playoffs can cost you a game.

Edit: 19 point lead down to 11 in what feels like 30 seconds lol.
yeah I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they've managed to keep a pretty steady double digit lead.

Fjordson

yeah I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they've managed to keep a pretty steady double digit lead.
Yeah, picked it up a bit in the fourth. And I forgot Livingston sat tonight so that made it tougher for the bench to be fair with Iggy and Ezeli already gone.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this lakers game is lol

We Want Kobe chants down 26...not seeing that the Lakers are playing better when hes on the bench

Booing players that turn the ball over

spyder_ur

Warriors are so annoying playing bad teams. They go up 20 and then say "eh fuck it". Start throwing the ball away, traveling, offensive fouls. Curry and the starters shouldn't even have to play past half time, but this will probably be close in the fourth quarter.

Seriously? I get nitpicking your team even if they're elite, but you probably should've stopped at "They go up 20" and thought it over.

Fjordson

Seriously? I get nitpicking your team even if they're elite, but you probably should've stopped at "They go up 20" and thought it over.
Against the Sixers? At home??

At least it was an improvement over the last Sixers game where they needed a buzzer beater by Barnes to win. That was ugly.

You don't mean that.

At this rate there's a chance the Celtics might not get the Mavs 1st rounder this year either.

Looking at the schedule the Mavs could easily lose their last nine games. At best I see them maybe going 2-7 but even then that's being extremely generous.

But it's a two fold situation, either your gonna get a top 10 pick possibly. Or not get the Mavs 1st round pick at all this year.

At this rate there's a chance the Celtics might not get the Mavs 1st rounder this year either.

Looking at the schedule the Mavs could easily lose their last nine games. At best I see them maybe going 2-7 but even then that's being extremely generous.

But it's a two fold situation, either your gonna get a top 10 pick possibly. Or not get the Mavs 1st round pick at all this year.

Getting that pick in the 2017 draft may not be the worst thing that could happen.

It's funny you mention this...Historically this franchise has pretty much always played like this...Run TMC Warriors were guilty of this was well.

spyder_ur

If they lost out they'd still have 35 wins. Not enough teams with games remaining to pass them to put them amongst the 7 worst teams. Therefore they'd have to move up in the lottery into the top 3 for the Celts not to get their pick. Possible of course, but not likely.

It really couldn't have worked out much better for the Celts.

Klay after the All-Star break:

21 games. 26 ppg, 33.8mpg, 50.2% on 2s, 46.2% on 3s, 61.8 ts%, 29 usg%. Whew.

God damn those are some numbers. Lost in all the noise about Steph being the greatest shooter ever is the fact that Klay is one of the 10 best. It's why talk about duplicating the Warriors is a bit silly - it works as long as you have a transformative player and 2 of the best 10 shooters ever.

beat

God damn those are some numbers. Lost in all the noise about Steph being the greatest shooter ever is the fact that Klay is one of the 10 best. It's why talk about duplicating the Warriors is a bit silly - it works as long as you have a transformative player and 2 of the best 10 shooters ever.

That ridiculous flub where Steph passed back to Klay who was busy early celebrating a Steph three could really only happen because both are so good.

76ers gonna sweep

That would be very bad.

6 of Charlotte's last 9 are on the road, including trips to Cleveland, Toronto, and Boston, and even Washington, who is still battling for a playoff spot. Charlotte is a game and a half back of Atlanta for the 3 seed, and Boston and Miami are also competing for that spot. Lose one of these Philly games, and they can probably forget about having home court for a series.

Magic number to breaking the Bulls record is 7 for the Warriors. Steph is at 350 3 pointers right now. He needs 50 in the next 9 games to get 400 (probably not likely)...

Top Bottom