• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

spyder_ur

hopefully the celtics are top 4, that's all i care about.

getting one of Ingram, Simmons, Murray, or Hield would be huge for the team. Then draft and stash a euro with the mavs pick.

Murray or Hield over Bender? Also I think I'd take a chance on Love still being good over drafting Hield.

I'm in love with Hield. I just think he has it, and he can make pro shots right now.

Obviously I value him below Ingram and Simmons, but I'd be more than happy to have him at 3 or 4.

Murray and Hield aren't even projected as 4&5

It's basically at this stage

1/2 Simmons
2/1 Ingram
3 Bender
4. Kris Dunn
5. Jaylen brown
6/7/8. Hield
7/8/6: Murray
8/6/7: Poetl

Although, Hield may get overdrafted by the Celtics who might fall in love with the notion of "win now", but they also have a shit ton of starting guards on their team. Celtics might even be targeting Poetl since it fills an obvious role (I personally hate Poetl, but he'll be a solid defensive big man, which has grown in value with the current era)

This process is still really early and there's not much of a point forecasting until the lottery. Also, Brown had basically a disastrous end of the season.

Sabonis is the guy I'm watching. I think his stock might really rise - tailor-made for the new NBA. Can shoot, pass, rebound, and defend.

I'm in love with Hield. I just think he has it, and he can make pro shots right now.

Obviously I value him below Ingram and Simmons, but I'd be more than happy to have him at 3 or 4.

I think Hield will do great in the NBA as well, I already talked a bit where I think he might possibly be drafted in the march madness thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199319318&postcount=2257

I think Minnesota or New Orleans (if they let Eric Gordon walk) are most likely to draft him. I can see him possibly falling a bit in the draft because so many of the other lottery teams already have young shooting guards they are probably going to stick with.

Is it me or did Buddy Hield come out of nowhere? Even looking at his stats, the difference between this year and his previous 3 years is ridiculous. And just watching him play, that release of his is lightning quick + he drives to the hoop with some power...

edit- I could see NO drafting him....Gentry wants to replicate the 7 seconds or less offense..

Jarate

Banned
Is it me or did Buddy Hield come out of nowhere? Even looking at his stats, the difference between this year and his previous 3 years is ridiculous. And just watching him play, that release of his is lightning quick + he drives to the hoop with some power...

Yeah, this raises some red flags with him tbh, as we don't know if this was him becoming an incredible shooter/player or if this was him taking advantage of the fact that this was a terrible year talent wise for the NCAA

I don't like the Curry comparisons (I was personally a big Curry fan and wanted to pick him) because Curry was always a damn good player who decided to stay in college for a year because his dad is loaded. Curry also carried a shit Davidson team to two deep runs. Oklahoma actually has a fairly nice team.

I like Hield a lot actually. I would love the Sixer's to take him if we got the Lakers pick. But people putting him above Bender are silly. Bender is Kristaps 2.0 and plays in a much better league then Hield (Euroleague is much better then NCAA)

Euro players aren't Darko Milicic anymore. The euro game is a lot stronger then it has ever been, which means better prospects coming from Europe.

I like Hield a lot actually. I would love the Sixer's to take him if we got the Lakers pick. But people putting him above Bender are silly. Bender is Kristaps 2.0 and plays in a much better league then Hield (Euroleague is much better then NCAA)

Euro players aren't Darko Milicic anymore. The euro game is a lot stronger then it has ever been, which means better prospects coming from Europe.

The problem I have with Bender is that, as far as I can tell, he really isn't doing that much in the Israeli league. http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Dragan-Bender/Summary/41582

There's also the fact that after Kristaps we're due for a European big man that shoots threes to come to the NBA and become a gigantic bust. What are the chances two of them are good in back to back drafts?

The problem I have with Bender is that, as far as I can tell, he really isn't doing that much in the Israeli league. http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Dragan-Bender/Summary/41582

There's also the fact that after Kristaps we're due for a European big man that shoots threes to come to the NBA and become a gigantic bust. What are the chances two of them are good in back to back drafts?

I dunno what to make of Euro prospects to be honest. Their stats are never out of this world and really it's one of those things that unless you intensely scout them, it's hard to figure out what you're going to get. Here's an exercise...who were the players drafted from Europe in the last 5 years?

Tiago Splitter's old home in San Antonio is 250K less than the median housing price in SF...

Some pictures..
http://www.mysanantonio.com/real-estate/slideshow/Former-San-Antonio-Spurs-forward-Tiago-Splitter-s-125773.php

Meanwhile in SF...

429983_0.0.jpg

1.21 Millions dollars...Yeah I know location location location...but I guess I'm never moving back to the Bay Area anytime soon.

Fjordson

Tiago Splitter's old home in San Antonio is 250K less than the median housing price in SF...

Some pictures..
http://www.mysanantonio.com/real-estate/slideshow/Former-San-Antonio-Spurs-forward-Tiago-Splitter-s-125773.php

Meanwhile in SF...

429983_0.0.jpg

1.21 Millions dollars...Yeah I know location location location...but I guess I'm never moving back to the Bay Area anytime soon.
Lmfao!

Only reason I had a house in SF is because I inherited from my parents. Otherwise I'd be in like Austin, Texas or some shit.

Lmfao!

Only reason I had a house in SF is because I inherited from my parents. Otherwise I'd be in like Austin, Texas or some shit.

The only comfort I can take from this is that at least my parents will make out like bandits once they decide to sell their place (200K back in 1983...now it's worth almost 10x that)..

Fjordson

The only comfort I can take from this is that at least my parents will make out like bandits once they decide to sell their place (200K back in 1983...now it's worth almost 10x that)..
Holy shit, 200k? They gonna retire to Costa Rica with what they'll make selling it nowadays.

Austin housing market isnt as hot as SF but its still pretty expensive to buy a home in an attractive area
Oh, damn. Have a good friend from college who moved there a few years ago. He loves it. Also have a cousin who grew up near there and loves living there also.

Tom Penny

edit- I could see NO drafting him....Gentry wants to replicate the 7 seconds or less offense..

That's the problem with Hield. He probably has a high floor but it's very difficult to gauge his ceiling. Guy are coming in 3 years younger.

Jarate

Banned

Euro players generally dont play when they are young for some reason outside of international competitions. Kristaps for instance in his last year only averaged 21 mpg, and only 10 PPG, which he has eclipsed. Maybe it's the organizations trying to tank their value so they don't get drafted? Im not sure. Bender is also a year younger then Porzingis was when he entered the draft. Remember, Bender is 18.

I dunno what to make of Euro prospects to be honest. Their stats are never out of this world and really it's one of those things that unless you intensely scout them, it's hard to figure out what you're going to get. Here's an exercise...who were the players drafted from Europe in the last 5 years?

I mean, there were a lot of euros drafted which were stashed players in the second round. In terms of international prospects.

Mario Hezonja, and Kristaps were the big 2 last year. Porzingis is a walking matchup problem, and Hezonja is a very gifted young scorer, although he hasn't done super well with the logjam of guards that the Magic have. Mudiay was also technically an international player, but he was playing in America for most of his basketball career.

2014 had Saric, who looks to be a fantastic prospect for the Sixers (great shooter and great passer at 6'10"). Dante Exum was doing OK before getting that knee injury last offseason, and Nurkic has been a good pickup by the Bulls

2013 had the Greek Freak who's an absolute stud, and Dennis Schroeder who Im personally a big fan of. Rudy Gobert was also drafted here, and he's an obvious impact player

2012 had Evan Fournier drafted in the 1st round, who's a great value pick for being picked 20th overall

2011 was probably the worst year for International prospects, with Enes Kanter and Van Esely getting high draft picks, but we also have Jonas Valanciunas, and Nikola Mirotic. Hell, im somewhat of a fan of Bojan Bogdanovic who was a 2nd rounder. And hell, Vucevic is basically a Euro who went to an American college.

This also ignoring 2nd round draft picks like Nikola Jokic who looks to be fairly good.

Generally, I'd be weary of a Euro guard, or a heavy scoring Euro player, but they are generally much better defensive players, and generally really good role players.

Bender doesnt have the shooting touch of Kristaps, or the offenisve skillset of him, but he can play really good defense, and he can play the 3 at 7'1" and is a matchup nightmare. He's more of a project then KP was (which I was fucking stupid because KP had the skillset to be an NBA player already, people just wanted to force him to be a "big" because he was 7'3")

You guys need to remember that scouting draft picks is very much a crapshoot and a big part of that is that we have no clue how players will develop. Nobody thought Curry was going to develop into literally the best player in the NBA, nobody thought Kawhi Leonard would become the best player out of his draft, nobody thought Jimmy Butler would be anything special.

I'd generally avoid non super athletic euros as I dont think the player developement over there is nearly as good as it is over here. bender is a super athletic euro though

Jarate

Banned
I think the steph curry comparison might be much but how does his stats line up with Dame Lillard, another 4 year player?

Lillard was another Midmajor player who was basically his teams best player for 3 years not counting his 2010 season in which he was injured. Although, he still put up good stats.

Hield has been an impact player on Oklahoma, although his 3 point shooting went bananas this year. Although, Hields free throw shooting has always been an elite level of talent, which is generally a great indicator over how well he shoots.

Hield also plays SG while Lillard is obviously a PG

I like Hield a lot, and if I was the Sixers, i'd take him over Bender just because we have enough 7 footers on our team and desperately need a shooter.

Jarate

Banned
What about Vasquez and MCW? Lol

I mean, MCW has all the tools to be a really good PG in this league, he's super tall and athletic, and is a pretty good passer and defender

Dude just cant shoot and turns the ball over like it's fun. I think Kidd also wasnt the one who decided to trade for MCW, I think that was more the FO then anything.

Man the Sixers hosed the Bucks in that trade though

Bread

Banned
Ford has Murray and Hield 4th and 5th respectively, I don't think it's crazy to want them over a foreign guy who almost all of us have never seen play a game.

Gigglepoo

I have no idea if I even want the Pacers in the playoffs. There's a chance they could win a game against the Raptors but they'd be run off the floor against the Cavs. Either way, it's a successful season considering they've overhauled the team completely from two years ago.

Jarate

Banned
Ford has Murray and Hield 4th and 5th respectively, I don't think it's crazy to want them over a foreign guy who almost all of us have never seen play a game.

I do think it's crazy though to completely dismiss a player because he's a euro which a lot of people love to do because the Pistons took Darko Milicic like 10 years ago. And btw, also another thing to look at with milicic is that he had larry brown as his head coach, a guy who has always sucked with dealing with young talent.

There's nothing to state that Euro's bust more frequently then other players. You also have teams like the Spurs who love to draft undervalued euros.

Bread

Banned
I do think it's crazy though to completely dismiss a player because he's a euro which a lot of people love to do because the Pistons took Darko Milicic like 10 years ago. And btw, also another thing to look at with milicic is that he had larry brown as his head coach, a guy who has always sucked with dealing with young talent.

There's nothing to state that Euro's bust more frequently then other players. You also have teams like the Spurs who love to draft undervalued euros.
I'm not dismissing anyone, just saying that I want the 2 guards who can shoot over the big that barely plays in a league I can't even watch. If he turns out to be KP then that's great, I trust in the brass to figure it out.

Of course the Nets get blown out by the Magic after beating both the Cavs and Pacers.

2014 had Saric, who looks to be a fantastic prospect for the Sixers (great shooter and great passer at 6'10"). Dante Exum was doing OK before getting that knee injury last offseason, and Nurkic has been a good pickup by the Bulls

Australia isn't in Europe you racist.

shanafan

Phew, Pistons pulled out it at home. Move right into the 7th seed in the East!

Strong win against a good OKC team.. without Durant tonight.

Fuck the Cavs, man. Goddamnit. You were up by over 20! Memphis is too depleted to win many, if any, of our remaining games so all we can do is rely on the teams below us to suck. It was going so well too...

tAcOmxo.png

Stop shooting 3s?

So De'Angelo Russel just broke the ultimate basketball bro code. That pretty much seals his career as far as people wanting to play with him.

An exaggeration but seriously, people are not going to want to play him.

Top Bottom