• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Magic number to breaking the Bulls record is 7 for the Warriors. Steph is at 350 3 pointers right now. He needs 50 in the next 9 games to get 400 (probably not likely)...

Very unlikely, but he should beat the single-season record by over 80, or one additional 3-pointer for every single game. If he can get to 269, he'll have dropped 100 more than the next person on the single-season record list not named Steph Curry (Ray Allen's 269 in 05-06). Absolutely unreal shooting this season.

Silkworm

Damn, Clippers are shooting close to 60% through the 1st half. Come on Celtic D! Also I hope Pierce's knee is okay.

edit: And the C's lose by 24 to the Clippers. Ah well. :-\

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hahaha oh Lowry, tricking teams into trying to tank to play us in the first round with his elbow injury...

Haha I wonder which team will fall for it...

Fuck!

The Cleveland deadline - Zach Lowe

If they lose again, I'd bet big on Love being elsewhere -- a split that might end up the best thing for everyone. Cleveland and Boston had trade talks for Love at the deadline, though they died with Boston offering a low-ball package the Cavs wouldn't consider, according to several league sources. Even if Boston's interest has faded, someone will call Cleveland about Love around the draft. Wiggins has more trade value than Love now, but that deal was the right move at the time.

Shocking.

pretty sure love for wiggins was the wrong move at the time..

I disagree, getting someone as good as Love to team up with LeBron and Kyrie was an opportunity that the Cavs couldn't have given up especially given how old LeBron is. It may look bad in hindsight but what if Wiggins turned out to be the next Anthony Bennett?

phanphare

Banned
I disagree, getting someone as good as Love to team up with LeBron and Kyrie was an opportunity that the Cavs couldn't have given up especially given how old LeBron is. It may look bad in hindsight but what if Wiggins turned out to be the next Anthony Bennett?

that's what I'm saying though, I thought the trade looked bad as it was developing. hindsight only justified that. I always felt it was silly to trade wiggins away for love when A) wiggins hadn't played a single game in the NBA and B) love wasn't proven on a team that could compete. he looked good, yes, but that was on a sub-.500 team iirc. also his poor defense was known about but I guess people were hoping that he'd get better once he got to a better team. either way I thought they should have kept wiggins when that news was breaking and for me it was the first of many signs that lebron has too much power for his own good in cleveland.

I read that Lowe article earlier. Maybe the simple fact is that Cleveland will never have enough balls.

But who do you give up on? Kyrie? Love? Both? Father time is on their side -- Kyrie's, especially.

I agree with this. Sure there were some red flags at the time and Love can't defend for shit, but it could have worked out better than it did and Love was at the time a legit superstar. Today it looks incredibly stupid, but Wiggins wasn't such a sure thing and if you can make a trade to bring your team closer to a championship, you have to.

Besides, there are bigger issues on the Cleveland Lebrons than Kevin Love, that is for sure.

spyder_ur

Both. I would give up on both players.

And do what, exactly?

I can honestly say I was against that trade at the time, but almost strictly because I was way lower on Kevin Love than others. If I thought that Kevin Love was a top-5 or top-10 player like many were suggesting, I'd have had no problem with it.

Speaking of Wiggins, aren't the Wolves too talented to suck this much? Honest question since I don't watch a lot of their games, but shouldn't they be better? What is wrong there?

all those 20-20 huge rebound games Love had came against shitty teams if I remember

how does a GM not see that when looking at a trade, of course he would struggle against beast teams.

Ainge should offer a bigger low ball now , don't offer the top 5 pick dummy

spyder_ur

Speaking of Wiggins, aren't the Wolves too talented to suck this much? Honest question since I don't watch a lot of their games, but shouldn't they be better? What is wrong there?

Nothing is wrong, they're just young. Their best 3 players are 20, 21, and 21.

all those 20-20 huge rebound games Love had came against shitty teams if I remember

how does a GM not see that when looking at a trade, of course he would struggle against beast teams.

I'm sure that's not true. But yes, the Nets 2016 pick should be off the table.

If the pick falls outside the top 3 I don't think I'd mind trading it for Love.

Nothing is wrong, they're just young. Their best 3 players are 20, 21, and 21.

Yeah, but they won 25 games. They have the 5th worst record in the league. I know this isn't the best comp in the world, but the 09-10 Thunder won 50 games and Harden, Durant and Westbrook were 20, 21 and 21.

Yeah, but they won 25 games. They have the 5th worst record in the league. I know this isn't the best comp in the world, but the 09-10 Thunder won 50 games and Harden, Durant and Westbrook were 20, 21 and 21.

You're right. It isn't a good comparison. Timberwolves also lost their head coach before the season even started and Sam Mitchell is probably the last coach you'd want to have developing players.

Bread

Banned
If the pick falls outside the top 3 I don't think I'd mind trading it for Love.
hopefully the celtics are top 4, that's all i care about.

getting one of Ingram, Simmons, Murray, or Hield would be huge for the team. Then draft and stash a euro with the mavs pick.

hopefully the celtics are top 4, that's all i care about.

getting one of Ingram, Simmons, Murray, or Hield would be huge for the team. Then draft and stash a euro with the mavs pick.

Murray or Hield over Bender? Also I think I'd take a chance on Love still being good over drafting Hield.

You're right. It isn't a good comparison. Timberwolves also lost their head coach before the season even started and Sam Mitchell is probably the last coach you'd want to have developing players.

Oh shit, for whatever reason I thought Flip had passed earlier, I forgot it was right before the season. I didn't mean to sound insensitive, this is in fact something that would fuck a team year.

Jarate

Banned

That Thunder team was more of an anomaly though then anything.

Also, Wiggins has mostly dissapointed compared to his projections, KAT is still a rookie and doesnt get that many minutes, Ricky Rubio still can't shoot, the rest of their team is kind of bleh, and their Head Coach died in the offseason. KAT is the best PF/C prospect to play since AD (unless Embiid plays, even then, I'd probably take KAT)

Murray or Hield over Bender? Also I think I'd take a chance on Love still being good over drafting Hield.

Murray and Hield aren't even projected as 4&5

It's basically at this stage

1/2 Simmons
2/1 Ingram
3 Bender
4. Kris Dunn
5. Jaylen brown
6/7/8. Hield
7/8/6: Murray
8/6/7: Poetl

Although, Hield may get overdrafted by the Celtics who might fall in love with the notion of "win now", but they also have a shit ton of starting guards on their team. Celtics might even be targeting Poetl since it fills an obvious role (I personally hate Poetl, but he'll be a solid defensive big man, which has grown in value with the current era)

Top Bottom