• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Sources: Lakers teammates 'isolating' D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

The Los Angeles Lakers, sputtering to the end of Kobe Bryant's farewell season with the worst record in franchise history, face a fresh crisis involving prized rookie point guard D'Angelo Russell, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that some teammates' trust in Russell is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows Russell recording a private conversation between himself and teammate Nick Young. Young does not appear to realize he is being taped.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

While it's unclear how the video became public, sources say that the resulting tension in the Lakers' locker room in recent days is among that factors that contributed to L.A.'s limp showing Monday night in Salt Lake City, when they absorbed a 48-point pounding from the Utah Jazz, which matched the worst Lakers loss in franchise history.

LOL
lakers.gif

It's on ESPN, a video leaked out of Russel filming Nick Young talking about his relationships with other women. Haven't watched the video myself but Russel recorded with Nick not knowing about it. Nobody trusts him now and it's apparently why the got trashed by the Jazz

Maybe D'Angelo is in love with Iggy Azalea and did this to blackball his teammate so he could hit that. It's not like you can blame anyone for being in love with Azalea.

Not cool though.

jbug617

Banned
Bulls rebuild could be on the way
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-bulls-and-the-mess-they-re-in-043747909.html
Chemistry issues continue to plague the Bulls’ locker room, league sources told The Vertical. Grumblings range from Hoiberg’s inability to hold players accountable – a complaint registered publicly by Butler last December and one that lingers in the locker room today, a source said – to Butler’s shoddy shot selection to the disconnect within the team offensively. Take Tuesday, for instance. Chicago will take the win, but the Bulls scored five points in the final nine minutes, a stretch highlighted by possessions with few passes and forced, contested shots.

Speculation that if the Bulls make Butler available Boston and Orlando would make a run at him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tape is already out there online... man its just brutal. Not sure how any teammate can ever trust him again. Violated every single code out there.

damn why would you do that?

From the ESPN article:

Said one team insider: "This was a prank gone wrong and a mistake by [Russell], and he has to be held accountable, but I would hope he isn't overly criticized for it."

"What about Amber Rose?" Russell later says, mentioning another celebrity.

"No, she knows my girl," Young is recorded as saying.

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.

Jarate

Banned
Zach Lowe said the Celtics low balled the Cavs on a Kevin Love offer at the deadline.

Who woldve ever expected Danny ainge to lowball offer another team

this is unheard of

also, if the lakers dont want Russel, We'll take him off your hands. I dont give a shit about this player code shit, dude's 19 and made a mistake.

Jarate

Banned
Just read up on it finally and lol, wtf, how do youet that shit go public? How does this get leaked?

Kind of reminds me of that AD hazing video thats out there, like why is no one taking that camera away from him lol

Jarate

Banned
Hey lakers fans, there's plenty of room on the Sixers bandwagon. At least when our young player has "character issues" it's him beating the shit out of some annoying ass Celtics fan instead of being a little bitch. I was all for giving Russel some type of leeway, but no, what the fuck is wrong with you dude. How the fuck did you let this shit get out in public.

Sandfox

Hey lakers fans, there's plenty of room on the Sixers bandwagon. At least when our young player has "character issues" it's him beating the shit out of some annoying ass Celtics fan instead of being a little bitch. I was all for giving Russel some type of leeway, but no, what the fuck is wrong with you dude. How the fuck did you let this shit get out in public.

Eww. Also, I think your downplaying Okafor almost getting killed.

Yeah D'Angelo fucked up big time, only reason he'd get away with it maybe is if he said he were in love with Iggy and wanted to break them apart and it won't happen again

Plus he's a rookie , so not like he's an established player yet , wait til you get the big contract before fucking up your career

Jarate

Banned
Eww. Also, I think your downplaying Okafor almost getting killed.

The one where he got a gun pulled on him wasn't something he even initiated or was a part of, he was just in the car at the time that that shit was happening. Only thing wrong he's done is not know where safe spots are to get drunk in away cities.

All that character shit was just a stupid ESPN thing to try and further push a stupid narrative that the Sixers are a trainwreck, when Okafor just beat the shit out of a guy literally stalking him, and him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you get an unprovoked person pointing a gun at one of the people in your carts, is it suddenly your fault?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
why the hell was Westbrook so fucking salty he got crossed up?

He sounded like he wanted to put a hit out on Reggie. This is the same man that drives down the lane, tries to break the rim on a dunk, then just pauses as he waits for his imaginary admiration.

Eos

why the hell was Westbrook so fucking salty he got crossed up?

He sounded like he wanted to put a hit out on Reggie. This is the same man that drives down the lane, tries to break the rim on a dunk, then just pauses as he waits for his imaginary admiration.

Cew65ReXIAEmeCB.jpg

They must have left on some really bad terms since durant and westbrook don't have a problem with harden

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They must have left on some really bad terms since durant and westbrook don't have a problem with harden

Reggie carried OKC while Westbrook was building houses. He single handedly beat the Spurs a couple of times. There was a point where Reggie was playing PG while Westbrook was playing SG. Why Westbrook isn't salty to Harden is amazing since Harden was a reason they lost in the Finals.

Reggie carried OKC while Westbrook was building houses. He single handedly beat the Spurs a couple of times. There was a point where Reggie was playing PG while Westbrook was playing SG. Why Westbrook isn't salty to Harden is amazing since Harden was a reason they lost in the Finals.

Harden leaving was more on the ownership than him. OKC's first game against Houston after the trade though you could tell there was a grudge because everyone was going hard on Harden and he got blocked like 8 times in that game.

Jarate

Banned
honestly, why the fuck are these people going out with basketball players, or any other hugely popular human beings and expecting them to not cheat on you. This shit is bonkers too me, like what did you expect?

Ronin Ray

honestly, why the fuck are these people going out with basketball players, or any other hugely popular human beings and expecting them to not cheat on you. This shit is bonkers too me, like what did you expect?

Shitty people cheat it's not exclusive to famous people or basketball players.

Top Bottom