• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah like, heres what makes no sense

"We designed the mode to have 5 minute quarters!"

compared to

"Go for a triple double!"

Like, are you fucking kidding me?

I got a triple double in a D-League game with 10 min quarters, and it was fucking ridiculous with the amount of what I would call cheesing I had to with my PG (leaving my assignment for rebounds, pick & roll lead passes etc). I couldn't imagine it in 5 mins.

yeah, you'll need to have Draft combine in order to alter minutes.
basically before you import your player (before starting a new myplayer mode), change your gameplay minutes to your desire. save the settings and import your draft combine player.
that should do it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Glad to hear about all the things being fixed in Association. I'm on too year 5 right now (chose to sim for most of it) and I'll be glad when all this shit is tuned up. Scouting may need an overhaul though.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
We are actually still putting the finishing touches on the 360 version of the patch, so I don't have the full details of that patch just yet. I'll pass along that information to Ronnie once it is ready (which should be in the next couple of days).

Anyone else getting the feeling that this means that the 360 version is getting the shaft and will not have all of the fixes that SimBaller detailed for the PS3 patch?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
anachronous_one said:
Anyone else getting the feeling that this means that the 360 version is getting the shaft and will not have all of the fixes that SimBaller detailed for the PS3 patch?
Well the quote says that they're taking their time to address the 360 issues... its not like they said "we'll get the 360 issues on the next go-round".

rjcc

anachronous_one said:

uh, no. I think what it means is the systems for patching are different and they're still working on it.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
rjcc said:
uh, no. I think what it means is the systems for patching are different and they're still working on it.
Actually, patches (or "title updates" as MS prefers to call them) are limited to 4MB. AFAIK, Sony imposes no such size restriction on patches.

So when he says:
so I don't have the full details of that patch just yet.
it makes me wonder if they are having to pick and choose what they can address on the 360 patch, rather than hit everything he lists in the PS3 patch details.

rjcc

anachronous_one said:
Actually, patches (or "title updates" as MS prefers to call them) are limited to 4MB. AFAIK, Sony imposes no such size restriction on patches.

So when he says:

it makes me wonder if they are having to pick and choose what they can address on the 360 patch, rather than hit everything he lists in the PS3 patch details.

which is a dumb thing to suddenly wonder since most patches are the same for most games, all of which operate under the same restrictions.

aznpxdd

:lol

A couple of cheating fucks with 99 overall ratings raped them with no lube. Lucky I dropped out just before the game started, phew.

rjcc

Emmanuel Rancati is dead. I turned off my 360 without exiting my player mode first and the save was corrupted. I didn't turn it off mid save, but there we are. i'm creating a billups-ish point guard instead.

SlickVic

Does anyone know how to play perimeter D in this game? As some suggested I turned down help defense and still my players go for bizarre double-teams inside or just don't bother guarding their man. I've tried man-to-man, 2-3, 3-2 zones and I honestly can't see any difference. I feel cheap for doing this but I had to turn down the CPU's 3pt slider since it was just getting ridiculous how many open 3's they were getting.

I'd be enjoying this game so much more if I could figure out how to play better D.

Kado there are going to keep being losses until you accept the fact that I'm the undisputed MVP of GAF Thuggery. Had it not been for HEY LOW not being able to man up on his man allowing 57 points to be dropped on him we would have taken that game!!!

I'll be up for matches tonight guys.

Barrett2

This is bullshit. In My Player mode, I was in training camp with the Bucks, got an A / A- in my first 3 games, then without any warning I could see, I go to start my next game and im' in the NBDL all the sudden? I was practically averaging a double-double for Christ's sake! Why would my dude get cut?

glaurung

If I were to buy the PS3 version as a first basketball game over 12 years for somebody not totally at home with the sport, but interested in quality entertainment, what should I know beforehand?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
Rated 44

damn shame you can't get experience playing online. im not touching myplayer career until the patch is released.
After Draft Combine, mine is rated 43. Same here about not touching/importing to 2K10 My Player until after the patch.

pilonv1 said:
viakado, can you add me? let me know if you need anything else

Carlos ZeDwarf, 6'11 C

gamertag: pilonv1
i'll add you when i get home. i also added you on 2ksports.com
why is it that your myplayer is not being detected by 2ksports website?
you're in australia? this whole time i thought you resided in japan.:lol
Dark FaZe said:
Kado there are going to keep being losses until you accept the fact that I'm the undisputed MVP of GAF Thuggery. Had it not been for HEY LOW not being able to man up on his man allowing 57 points to be dropped on him we would have taken that game!!!

keep talking loser. a win is a win.
me and fivering is like bread and butter. stockton and malone.
im down for some crew games tonight as well.

glaurung said:
If I were to buy the PS3 version as a first basketball game over 12 years for somebody not totally at home with the sport, but interested in quality entertainment, what should I know beforehand?
well for one, getting the ps3 version is like masturbation. you're not getting the full experience until you bang a chick. its much more enjoyable when you play with others.

Dark FaZe said:

WTF, how was i supposed to stop a 7'6 player who dunks everything and gets lead passes tha are onstoppable, u saw that as soon as i switched to lamar, we started our comeback....

im the best team player out there, i wasnt even supossed to be gaurding the guy who dropped 57, cuz i was the PF not the C.

let me know when u guys are down for another crew game, just message me on XBL

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont care about her gender, she should hear it for the shit game they put out.

pics

pilonv1

viakado said:
i'll add you when i get home. i also added you on 2ksports.com
why is it that your myplayer is not being detected by 2ksports website?
you're in australia? this whole time i thought you resided in japan.:lol

:lol It's basically the same time zone.

Could be that My Player hasn't played a pick-up game yet? Or that I have one (PG from the DC and the C I made to play around with). I'll check when I get home.

More patch news

Just got word that there will be a lot of defensive fixes in this patch:

-Pick and roll will now be covered by help defenders
-The broken double teams where your teammate goes behind you will be fixed
-Updated Help Routines

Just to name a few.

Awesome.

pilonv1 said:
:lol It's basically the same time zone.

Could be that My Player hasn't played a pick-up game yet? Or that I have one (PG from the DC and the C I made to play around with). I'll check when I get home.

More patch news

Awesome.
invitation sent.
1-6 now.
thx spaniard and DCX!

benjipwns

Banned
For anyone who's on PC, I got confirmation from Ronnie that the PC will get the same fixes (maybe a few PC specific ones) and patch will come around the same time.

SlickVic

Man I'm getting pretty frustrated with the defense in this game. All the CPU needs to do is hot potato the ball and sure enough one of my off-ball guys will completely sag off some guy behind the perimeter to give them a wide open 3. I have no clue how you fix this. I maxed out the slider for defensive awareness, tuned down help defense, and even went as far to turn off double teaming on all players, playing man-to-man but these guys just love lazy defense.

I still win games pretty easily on Pro (with some slider tweaks) but I get kind of bored when it just turns into a shootout with CPU missing open shots and some random steals/blocks sealing my win.

Edit: Well if we have a patch inbound soon I think I'll wait for that and see if there are any improvements. Still not sure if I just suck too much on D or this is just unavoidable.

aznpxdd

We just had an epic team up game, mostly due to Kado's incompetence. We had the ball, and the game was tied with 12 seconds left. Kado took his sweet time and got the 5 second call on the inbound pass. The other team gets a lay up, and I (Gasol) saved our ass with a last second shot sending it into overtime.

Aaaaaaand, GAF Thuggery just got our 2nd win! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom