• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

matt carroll and mcgirk would usually combined for like 80% of my points! carroll was bullshit from 3 off the screen plays
FMT, this season we are striving to keep away from fantasy trades...sorry to inform you.

DCX

FrenchMovieTheme said:

matt carroll and mcgirk would usually combined for like 80% of my points! carroll was bullshit from 3 off the screen plays

that was my first playoff series...that was some bull...i remember that play, i would disregard Dirk to stop carroll haha

DCX said:
FMT, this season we are striving to keep away from fantasy trades...sorry to inform you.

DCX

and you know what, if i had a trade rejected once and i was told that, it would be the end of it. no complaining, no whining. i would say you know what, i get it, i'll win with the team i have end of story!

charsace

Yes I remember that play in 2k9 FMT. Matt Carroll was goat in that game his release was just quick lol. I not going to say the exact play because you might want to use it against the new guys.

Smokey

charsace said:
Yes I remember that play in 2k9 FMT. Matt Carroll was goat in that game his release was just quick lol. I not going to say the exact play because you might want to use it against the new guys.

You guys talkin about that bullshit screen in the corner for Carroll?

Yeah i wanted to punch the screen

Smokey said:

lol come on i have no stick skills like you guys. i had 3 plays that worked for me: carroll screen in the corner, mcgirk rising and firing (gus johnson style), and the crosser to stackhouse (but he missed it half the time)

charsace

Smokey said:

:(

The thing with that play is that you could see it happening and FMT would still get it. What I hated the most was the dancing around the screener with Carroll if he couldn't get it lol.

ecnal

that play sets the screen that always puts the defender into that animation where they get stuck on the guy setting the screen.

there are a number of plays that do that, and, in essence, they're unstoppable--at least the screen creating the animation.

the only way to avoid those plays is to, a, know what plays have those screens that always work, and, b, switch to the defender that has to go through the screen well before the screen is set in order to avoid it.

otherwise, good luck.

ecnal said:
that play sets the screen that always puts the defender into that animation where they get stuck on the guy setting the screen.

there are a number of plays that do that, and, in essence, they're unstoppable--at least the screen creating the animation.

the only way to avoid those plays is to, a, know what plays have those screens that always work, and, b, switch to the defender that has to go through the screen well before the screen is set in order to avoid it.

otherwise, good luck.

people were shutting it down with a 3-2 zone pretty easily, but then if i saw that i would get it to mcgirk in good position for a jumper.

i can't remember who i was playing but i think i scored like 58 points with mcgirk, and i would say 80% of the points were off longer range jumpers. he could not be stopped. he wouldn't even be open and still was hitting the j's!

parasight

SlickVic said:
Man those commentators didn't seem too excited after that game winner. I can just imagine Kevin Harlan shouting if that happened in a real game. :lol

That's one of the things 2K never seems to get right. Game winners, or game winning stops on defense get far less attention than they deserve.

DiddyBop

2K is really going balls out this year. Either they knew that 2K10 was a piece of crap and that they were about to lose a bunch of followers or mike Wang really wanted to stick it to EA after whatever happened between them last year. Either way I don't think I've seen such a huge jump in quality in a yearly franchise.

Lack of an online insight is kinda disturbing but I'm sure they aware that a large percentage of buyers play the game online and that the online servers are fixed. Cant remember the last time 2k's online worked on day one

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
2K is really going balls out this year. Either they knew that 2K10 was a piece of crap and that they were about to lose a bunch of followers or mike Wang really wanted to stick it to EA after whatever happened between them last year. Either way I don't think I've seen such a huge jump in quality in a yearly franchise.

Lack of an online insight is kinda disturbing but I'm sure they aware that a large percentage of buyers play the game online and that the online servers are fixed. Cant remember the last time 2k's online worked on day one

ya, i feel the same way. after 2k10, i was swearing up and down that i wasn't going to get 2k11 day one, and now the 5th can't come soon enough.

gj wang and co, 2k11 is looking to be incredible--especially if the online works *crosses fingers*

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Matt "Hammer" Carroll is the only 3pt shooter on my team man :lol

I'm about to get shut down completely by the zone (so realistic!)

Smokey

ph33nix said:

Sorry no.

you know what, fuck this. why would i trade away the robin to wade's batman

Because you're pheeniks.

I'll be putting up the online thread later today with rules etc.

Birdman02

Nightz said:
I'll be on the market for a SG. Anyone but CP
<
3 is on the block.

I have like 9 guys on my roster that can play SG. Maybe we can work something out that is good for both of us.

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
I have like 9 guys on my roster that can play SG. Maybe we can work something out that is good for both of us.
lets-make-a-deal.jpg

We'll get in touch once the league starts. :D

jergrah

Takuan said:

2K's upload site should borrow from EA and include to the right all of the settings for the game. It would be interesting to know what difficulty this was on and if "Arcade" was turned on or not.

I always find it funny when people post highlights to FIFA, Madden, Live, etc gloating about some AWESOME play -- but when you go to the site you see the difficulty was on Rookie with Arcade settings or something crazy

mbmonk

viakado said:
Small mom and pop shop in orange county ca

I keep hearing "small mom and pop" stores. What kind of stores are they? Small mom and pop video game stores? If they aren't video game stores what kind of goods do they sell? I need to find me some of these, here locations. So I can get me this here game.

Sure you didn't pleasure a crack dealer or something? :lol

mbmonk said:
I keep hearing "small mom and pop" stores. What kind of stores are they? Small mom and pop video game stores? If they aren't video game stores what kind of goods do they sell? I need to find me some of these, here locations. So I can get me this here game.

Sure you didn't pleasure a crack dealer or something? :lol
the place i bought is a videogame store only.
mom and pops shop just means they are not franchised.

- ps3 League thread will go up this weekend.
- ps3 online league will have a tentative start of Oct. 20th, 6PM PST.
- current # of players:16
- currrent pot: $370 US

Nightz

ecnal said:
yes sir. i've had good luck there in the past with other titles.
Yeah I've gone there before. My only problem is that I live down near the border and I work in Mira Mesa, so it's not really convenient to go there. Let me know if you have any luck though and I'll see if I can stop by.

rinse82

viakado said:
the place i bought is a videogame store only.
mom and pops shop just means they are not franchised.

- ps3 League thread will go up this weekend.
- ps3 online league will have a tentative start of Oct. 20th, 6PM PST.
- current # of players:16
- currrent pot: $370 US

!!!

Nice.

So for the challenge game with pistol pete, I guess it'll be mWo vs mWo? :lol

DiddyBop said:
What are you basing this on? Playing the demo? Is it that good? (But the online aspect remains a big question, as you point out.)

rinse82

This game is going to own my soul.

Between this and FIFA 11, my fiancée ain't gonna be happy.

*wishes he was 20 again*

rinse82

2K seems to have it pretty locked down this year with respect to breaking the street date, at least in Toronto.

The usual go-to place told me the 5th, although maybe they're just saying that over the phone. I'll probably drop by on Friday during lunch and see if they have it.

Top Bottom