• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

charsace said:
Now 2k has released another roster update that has tweaked the game again. Seems like they put the passing inbetween what it was at launch and what it was when they messed it up. Off the ball movement has been improved too.
who was added?
the ps3 league hasn't started yet and participants are still signing in. Does this mean i have to restart the league to get the latest roster update?

Reave

charsace said:
Now 2k has released another roster update that has tweaked the game again. Seems like they put the passing inbetween what it was at launch and what it was when they messed it up. Off the ball movement has been improved too.

Hmm, I didn't notice they did all of that. Is there an official announcement anywhere concerning those tweaks you talked about?

viakado said:
who was added?
the ps3 league hasn't started yet and participants are still signing in. Does this mean i have to restart the league to get the latest roster update?

I think you may have to. Notice that when you're at the team select screen, it shows you the rosters for every team. Don't think it would've been like that if the rosters weren't concrete.

ecnal

just a poster on OS.

there may have been changes that have occurred, but some of the stuff he's claiming that has changed seems highly unlikely from a roster update.

plus there's no confirmation--yet--from 2K that there actually have been gameplay changes.

ecnal said:
just a poster on OS.

there may have been changes that have occurred, but some of the stuff he's claiming that has changed seems highly unlikely from a roster update.

plus there's no confirmation--yet--from 2K that there actually have been gameplay changes.
i always thought patches altered gameplay, not roster udpates.

mbmonk

viakado said:
i always thought patches altered gameplay, not roster udpates.

I guess if they lowered or raised every players skill in a specific area across the board it would seem like a gameplay change.

Personally I played against the Bulls after the roster update ( yesterday-ish? ). They were picking off everything I threw almost. Something about the Bulls D that just stifles my offense ( I am speaking of online play not against the CPU ).

Everything is so new to me ( first time playing nba 2k since like 06 ) it would be hard for me to notice subtle changes like that. I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the big stuff.

ecnal

that's always been my understanding.

however, roster updates could theoretically alter gameplay.

for example, if off-ball movement is better--hunter/OS-dude are saying there's more off-ball movement--2K could have universally raised all player off-ball tendencies. that could easily be implemented through a roster update.

stuff like 3PT shooting or passing though... that seems far fetched IMO--unless they can actually alter gameplay with a roster update without adjusting tendencies/ratings.

edit: second thought too, has anyone even checked to see if they simply altered the default game sliders?

charsace

Omiee said:
in my player mode i asked to be traded to the miami heat and the lakers as second option just to see if it could work.
under the tab that shows you what team is interested in you, it shows me for 4 games now that the heat are interested in me, why am i not being traded than..?
Team will do what's best for them. For example I had the bobcats interested in me and the celtics, but I put the magic as my first team and the bobcats as my second, but got traded to the Hornets to backup both guard spots. The game asks you who the team should go for so I am guessing they also ask the cpu controlled players too. Durant got what he wanted. :(

Omiee

charsace said:
Team will do what's best for them. For example I had the bobcats interested in me and the celtics, but I put the magic as my first team and the bobcats as my second, but got traded to the Hornets to backup both guard spots. The game asks you who the team should go for so I am guessing they also ask the cpu controlled players too. Durant got what he wanted. :(

o i guess if your averaging 45 points per game they wont let you go..?
what about the end of the season will you have the option to opt out of the contract..?

charsace

Omiee said:
o i guess if your averaging 45 points per game they wont let you go..?
what about the end of the season will you have the option to opt out of the contract..?
Haven't reached that far yet. In last year's team up I think you could go to a different team even though it wasn't supposed to be possible.

smik

viakado said:
yeah. i think i will.
a response about the roster update and tweaks.
Rebuttal: 2K11's Simulation mode was a fraud (until they updated the rosters)

oh god the guys a sook, all his complaints are his wrong doings. the game is fine the way it is, bending the game to the way you would like to play shouldn't be the "right" way of playing, i actually like how you get punished for silly passes and forced 3pt shots.

Im getting alot of fastbreaks now as it is why would they change it, i need official update notes so i dont jump the gun.

mbmonk

smik said:
oh god the guys a sook, all his complaints are his wrong doings. the game is fine the way it is, bending the game to the way you would like to play shouldn't be the "right" way of playing, i actually like how you get punished for silly passes and forced 3pt shots.

Im getting alot of fastbreaks now as it is why would they change it, i need official update notes so i dont jump the gun.

Pretty much. I have seen a lot of speculation that the game was changed w/o any proof to back it up. I am not saying it's all a lie, but the authority that some of these people speak with made me assume there was an official tweet or something backing them up. I haven't found anything like that yet. To be fair, I quit looking a couple of days ago. I am just playing what is out there. I am not informed or educated enough to speak on balance and gameplay or address other comments made on that subject.

smik

mbmonk said:
Pretty much. I have seen a lot of speculation that the game was changed w/o any proof to back it up. I am not saying it's all a lie, but the authority that some of these people speak with made me assume there was an official tweet or something backing them up. I haven't found anything like that yet. To be fair, I quit looking a couple of days ago. I am just playing what is out there. I am not informed or educated enough to speak on balance and gameplay or address other comments made on that subject.

yeh until i see some patch notes coming from 2k im not going to worry to much.

Okay NBA2kGAF anyone feel that the soundtrack to NBA2k11 is just a "little" lacking compared to 2k10?
well i have a great custom made NEOGAF OST for my friends here at the NBA2k11 thread.

I PROMISE YOU!

you will love it. it has a great mix and vibe with some of the same artist used from 2k10, ill put my beloved Jordan avatar on the line if y'all don't like it
(on feedback). anyone interested? im uploading it as we speak, may need someone here to make a nice mock-up NeoGAF 2k11 ost custom Cover

smik

heres the link to Gaf edition soundtrack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E17H1G3

01- DJ Felli Fel ft. Ice Cube, Ray J, Chino XL, Roscoe Umali, Lil Rob & New Boyz - Lakers Anthem 2010
02- Time to Pretend Oracular Spectacular MGMT
03- Ratatat-Kennedy
04- iglu_and_hartly-violent_and_young
05- 40 Cal - Warm It Up
06- Speaking In Tungs
07- M.I.A. Ft. Jay-Z - XXXO (Remix)
08- Kids Oracular Spectacular MGMT
09- Metric-gold_guns_and_girls
10- Ace-hood-ft-akon-t-pain-overtime
11- Big Boi - Lookin For Ya (feat Andre 3000 & Sleepy Brown)
12- Game Ft. T.I. & Robin Thicke - Pushin' It
13- Ratatat-drugs
14- Iglu and hartly-whatever_we_like
15- Ratatat-lex
16- Overtime (Feat. Akon & T-Pain)
17- Crooked I ft. K-Young - U Shoulda Made A Phone Call
18- Ratatat- Neckbrace
19- Ace Hood - Cash Flow (ft. DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, T-Pain)
20- Sean Kingston- I can feel it
21- iglu_and_hartly-believe
22- Ratatat-grape juice city
23- 40 Glocc feat. E-40, Snoop Dogg & Too Short - Welcome to Cali (Remix)
24- Ace Hood - Champion (ft Rick Ross & Jazmine Sullivan)
25- Lloyd Banks Ft. Lloyd - Any Girl
26- Ratatat-sunblocks

give it a try

smik

charsace said:
I think I'm one of the few that loves the 2k11 soundtrack.

its not bad by any means its just not great like 2k10 was, theres nothing too hardcore in there its all pretty melo has mixture of everything.

i should put up a track-listing up

ecnal

mbmonk said:

agreed.

i'm not noticing any of the things that guy blogged about. dude probably figured out how to adjust coaching sliders on his own and thinks the roster update did it.

absolutely for sure not changed: passing, 3PT, and being able to just waltz by a defender.

it would also make no sense for 2K to make significant changes to gameplay through a roster update because it will ensure that there will be multiple version of 2K out--people playing with the shipped rosters, the second update, the third, etc. gameplay changes will be through a patch.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ecnal said:

Was there a game patch released at the same time? If not, I highly doubt there was any gameplay changes. MS and Sony are really strict about game updates.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Does NBA Today still work for you guys? Ever since I installed the game to play off the 360 hdd, It's been stuck on August 1st.

I got to rant a bit about the CPU play. How the fuck are center in this game faster than a player like Tony Parker? Every time I'm on a fast break the center is always a head of me with no way to blow by them. If the CPU is on a break, none of my players can catch up with the ball handler. And the stupid animations...ugh the CPU can do some long animation for a layup or dunk and it's no way to block it yet all my 1 on 1 layup attempts are blocked. This is starting to piss me off.

RDreamer

Agh! Why do they not allow you to just save, rather than saving and quitting for the Jordan Challenges. I was almost done with Bad Boys and wanted to make sure I had a save at that point (2 minutes left, 41 points, 5 assists). So I saved and exited and then reloaded. PS3 wouldn't load, so I had to turn it off. Restarted and tried to reload. Won't load again. Fucking A, there goes that challenge....

SamuraiX-

RDreamer said:
Agh! Why do they not allow you to just save, rather than saving and quitting for the Jordan Challenges. I was almost done with Bad Boys and wanted to make sure I had a save at that point (2 minutes left, 41 points, 5 assists). So I saved and exited and then reloaded. PS3 wouldn't load, so I had to turn it off. Restarted and tried to reload. Won't load again. Fucking A, there goes that challenge....

I missed "The Arrival" challenge by one basket. 61 points, 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 63% shooting. Couldn't make a single shot/layup in like the last two minutes. :lol

Good God, was I ever pissed. :mad:

RDreamer

SamuraiX- said:
I missed "The Arrival" challenge by one basket. 61 points, 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 63% shooting. Couldn't make a single shot/layup in like the last two minutes. :lol

Good God, was I ever pissed. :mad:

I'd be less pissed if I had a legit chance to actually finish it. I tried to make a save and was fucked over by the save being corrupted. I could have gone through and finished it if there was an option to just save rather than save and quit, however, and that's where I'm pretty angry. It'll probably be a while before I trust the challenge stuff enough to even attempt it again.

wow :/ fuck playing with randoms.
why can't i get a W on my record if they quit?
It should be if you let them quit, not only do they get the L but the person who was winning gets the W.

for example, i was the spurs, he was the hawks, about 2 minutes left, he was up 5, i came back and was about to win by 3 points, then he quit. fsfkfkfdjfdfd

Then i was the Celtics and crushed the thunder by 20 in the third quarter, then he quit :/

i don't even know how i was winning those games, i play so sloppy :lol random turnovers all the time.

i'm gonna put my gamertag in the other thread, anyone playing now?

see5harp

charsace said:
I think I'm one of the few that loves the 2k11 soundtrack.

I like it for the most part. Hearing Delorean start playing during a drill was pretty cool. At least there's a little diversity in there. Play a NHL game and it's like 90% shitty hard rock and nu metal.

charsace

Bread said:
how do I request trades for teammates in my player mode? the guy mentioned that my team would want my input but I don't know how to do it. I want ray ray on the kings :D

edit: actually i might have just misread something i cant find anything about this.

also: my player shits on KD, westbrook and aldrich :lol
The team will come to you when they feel you are important enough to ask. I'm being serious.

And I might post a vid or two later to show you some real man shit.

Bread

Banned
charsace said:
The team will come to you when they feel you are important enough to ask. I'm being serious.

And I might post a vid or two later to show you some real man shit.
Ok so I wasn't just making shit up, that's good to hear. I was a 41 overall when I had that replay, so I know it's not that impressive :lol

But my guys a beast and his shoes are fresh

SamuraiX- said:
So if we upload videos to 2KSports.com from the game, how do we find them? :lol
you'll have to create a 2ksports.com account and link your psn to that same account. there on your profile page, you'll be able to view your uploads.
or
someone correct me if im wrong, but you can sign in to our league. and from the 2ksports.com league page you can view your uploads without creating an account. just click on team stats tab and then click on the team you signed up on. And finally click on your PSN that will lead you to your profile page.
in this case, it will be the queens. 2k servers auto creates a profile page for league participants that links to your psn.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are there some extra defensive controls that I'm missing? I'm having trouble with the defend pass drill. It used to be a breeze last year...

charsace

DY_nasty said:
Are there some extra defensive controls that I'm missing? I'm having trouble with the defend pass drill. It used to be a breeze last year...
Save yourself the trouble and only do the shooting drill in my player.

i was player of the game in team up with.......Roy Hibbert :lol :lol , even though we lost.

team up was pretty fun even with regulars, not everyone quits in that.

smh at both team up games with Kings as a team.

JWong

Banned
So yeah... this game controls terrible on PC with keyboard.

Just confirming the obvious when testing it at a friends place.

DrMungo

Will this game have regular roster updates throughout the season? I hate buying sports games every year. Also I have a feeling 2k12 won't be as big as a leap.

SamuraiX-

m2864819.jpg

Jordan all over Daugherty's face.

I was so happy to be able to complete this challenge on my first try. :D

Has anyone here ever felt shameful about dashboarding during association? I had a delicious game with wall (40 points, 10 assists, 8 boards) against the Hawks after losing to the Magic to start 0-1 on the season and the game came down to the last second. Joe Johnson nailed a contested jumper over Nick Young after I made a great comeback and I went straight to dash....

SamuraiX-

ssolitare said:
Dude, when the rosters updated my created team and players were deleted. The fuck, that didn't happen in 2k10. Grr.

You need to save whatever created team or created players you have on a separate file name from "Roster" because 2K just keeps using that name whenever they make updates.

Top Bottom