• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

I still think its way too tough to run a fastbreak. I hate how if you pass to a running guy they coast for a second and allow their defender to catch up to them.

Red Blaster said:
I still think its way too tough to run a fastbreak. I hate how if you pass to a running guy they coast for a second and allow their defender to catch up to them.
I don't know why that doesn't get more attention. I hate that everyone slows down when catching the ball.

mbmonk said:
EDIT: Sign me up for the GAF crew please. PSN is same as my GAF. :D
Missed this. i'lll add you later tonight.
i do believe crews have a max limit of 15 players.
you'll be 13 on GAF Barons.
hopefully we get enough interests to have more than just one ps3 gaf crew.
intra gaf battles would be amazing.

YagizY

viakado said:
Missed this. i'lll add you later tonight.
i do believe crews have a max limit of 15 players.
you'll be 13 on GAF Barons.
hopefully we get enough interests to have more than just one ps3 gaf crew.
intra gaf battles would be amazing.

Are their any scrubs in this crew? NBA 2K11 is my fist basketball sim game and I'm interested in joining to. The game is still being shipped to me but my PSN name is YagizY. Could you add me too?

YagizY said:
Are their any scrubs in this crew? NBA 2K11 is my fist basketball sim game and I'm interested in joining to. The game is still being shipped to me but my PSN name is YagizY. Could you add me too?
yes to first question.
you're #14

one more spot open.

edit: i forgot i wasn't GM anymore, Rinse82 will have to send out invites.

charsace

Red Blaster said:
Use the passing stick. It really improves the fast break passing.

RDreamer

Red Blaster said:

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that it's unfair really. I see the computer doing fast breaks that I could not ever do. I'll watch and be like "oh well my guy's going to get this one" because I just saw the same thing happen to me, and nope. My team doesn't seem to turn around and grab those with even close to the same frequency that the psychic computer does.

Zeliard

RJNavarrete said:
I echo the sentiments of the last two posters; however, I find it a little quirky that Steve Nash is the leading scorer at 29 ppg in my Association. Other than that, this game has been fantastic.

I had that happen in one of my Associations with 2K10. Nash led the league in scoring and shot some blistering FG%.

charsace

Smokey said:
Noobs and vets should watch this.
This is something I already figured out. People should go into practice mode and fool around a bit. good moves this year are the eurostep layup, running hook and the up and under on the run across the lane.

RDreamer

Christ, just played the Celtics with my Bucks association and Shaq absolutely annihilated me. 15 points, 12 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 assists, and a steal... also he made all of his 6 free throws. What in hell!?

ecnal

charsace said:
This is something I already figured out. People should go into practice mode and fool around a bit. good moves this year are the eurostep layup, running hook and the up and under on the run across the lane.

im curious sensei, since you've already mastered the game, why didn't you sign up for the tournament?

should be easy money for a player of your skill considering you'll blow everyone's brains out with slick step back jumpers, euro step layups, and runners in the lane.

charsace

ecnal said:
im curious sensei, since you've already mastered the game, why didn't you sign up for the tournament?

should be easy money for a player of your skill considering you'll blow everyone's brains out with slick step back jumpers, euro step layups, and runners in the lane.
lol don't put words in my mouth. I am just putting out there what I learned. I'm not the only one on here that went to practice mode and messed around with it.

Some of the things that people think can't be done can be.

One move that needs to be taken out or adjusted is the spin dunk.

Love this game so much.

The Jordan challenges are great. I was worried on Challenge 3 as Wilkins was heating up but I shut him down big time in the forth. Its a challenge I could see going over and over wasting time. Fucking Stocked when I passed it :D

Best NBA game in a long time. EA should just pass and focas on next year. 2K have it down this year.

charsace

I checked the 2k forums and it seems like the online has been changed from sim back to the regular NBA Jam bullshit. The complainers have won. Don't be surprised if a patch comes and makes everything "easy," like it was in 2k10 and 2k9.

smik

charsace said:
I checked the 2k forums and it seems like the online has been changed from sim back to the regular NBA Jam bullshit. The complainers have won. Don't be surprised if a patch comes and makes everything "easy," like it was in 2k10 and 2k9.

you have me worried now the game is perfect the way it is, the passing is just spot on and rewards good team play.
gone is lobbing the ball wherever you want in 2k10 which i didn't realize at the time how cheesy it was until 2k11.

this coming from casual fan who loves Basketball so the hardcore shouldn't have much problems.

i admit i had my problems at the start but after about 3-4 games or so i was up to speed for how 2k11 supposed to be played,
with all the rave reviews why would they listen to such criticism.

**edit**

what i want in a future update for 2k11 is saving of a complete signature highlights option, sometimes theres some amazing plays that happen online i would like a option to save it and watch them again.

yeh just got my 5 win streak achievement

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just went 7-21 with Stephen Jackson and he was never 'cold' once - game is so real!

RDreamer

I just got reamed by the Pacers of all teams. At the end of the first half they were leading me in every stat on the sheet except bench points. They even somehow managed 70+% shooting. I got it within 4 at the last minute and lost by 10, though. I swear I hit a glitch or something a few times in that game though because they'd pass it inside and literally no one moved towards the guy with the ball. No one at all. Oh well, that was only a few of the points.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gerald Wallace can guard anyone.
RDreamer said:
I just got reamed by the Pacers of all teams. At the end of the first half they were leading me in every stat on the sheet except bench points. They even somehow managed 70+% shooting. I got it within 4 at the last minute and lost by 10, though. I swear I hit a glitch or something a few times in that game though because they'd pass it inside and literally no one moved towards the guy with the ball. No one at all. Oh well, that was only a few of the points.
If no one is helping inside, then too many of your defenders are set to play tight OR if you still have it set to auto and the opponent is lighting it up from outside, then they'll probably be playing tight anyways.

mbmonk

Ryu1999 said:
Doesn't that take away the shot-stick though?

No. To right stick pass you have to press the R1 button on the PS3 ( Right Bumper on the 360 I assume) then push the stick the direction you want to pass.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Truelize said:
There was an option to change the length of the simmed games in last years game. I'm sure it's there somewhere.
It is.

My Player Main Menu -> Options -> Game Mode Options -> Sim Quarter Length

charsace

DY_nasty said:
Gerald Wallace can guard anyone.

If no one is helping inside, then too many of your defenders are set to play tight OR if you still have it set to auto and the opponent is lighting it up from outside, then they'll probably be playing tight anyways.
Are you playing sim? with good defense on sim you can limit the dunks to like 5-10 total the whole game for both teams. A lot of the bullshit dunks where people are weaving through the lane and then dunk out of no where don't happen. And contact in the lane is increased.

Duki

Banned
mbmonk said:
No. To right stick pass you have to press the R1 button on the PS3 ( Right Bumper on the 360 I assume) then push the stick the direction you want to pass.
oh wow

this will get rid of so many bullshit passing errors where the reticule moves away from the player i want to pass to a split second before i click the button

many a qq has been had because of this

charsace said:

Welp, looks like online play won't be in my future. What a bummer.

Is there rubberband AI in this? I got extremely pissed when I saw that fucking Eddy Curry was outrebounding Dwight Howard as the Knicks went on a 15-2 run in the 4th quarter and almost stole the game.

WTF is going on...? I'm trying to trade Kevin Durant [I just can't click with him for some reason], yet he's only a one star on the trade meter; therefore, teams won't give anything of value for him. He's up to a 98 overall rating, and his morale is at about 90%, too. :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
RJNavarrete said:
WTF is going on...? I'm trying to trade Kevin Durant [I just can't click with him for some reason], yet he's only a one star on the trade meter; therefore, teams won't give anything of value for him. He's up to a 98 overall rating, and his morale is at about 90%, too. :/

Huge contract though. You will find a suitor for him. But he wont have a bunch of stars because he is locked down for so much money.

outsida

I believe there is a glitch in the game with trade value and running practices in association mode. I saw a thread about it on one of the forums.

mbmonk

Duki said:
oh wow

this will get rid of so many bullshit passing errors where the reticule moves away from the player i want to pass to a split second before i click the button

many a qq has been had because of this

I still have problems with it passing to a different person than I wanted it to. But it does improve your fast breaks and it simplifies the controls because now I only have 1 pass button ( R1 ) instead of two ( R1 & X ). This game has a lot of controls so if I can simplify anything I am going to do it :)

Assemble!

Okay, the trade finder / player finder is awesome.

Also, the subtle changes in control make myplayer playable... and sometimes really fun.

So far, the hype is living up??????

ecnal

mbmonk said:
I still have problems with it passing to a different person than I wanted it to. But it does improve your fast breaks and it simplifies the controls because now I only have 1 pass button ( R1 ) instead of two ( R1 & X ). This game has a lot of controls so if I can simplify anything I am going to do it :)

stick passing doesn't eliminate the need to icon pass.

you can't lead a player with stick passing like you can with icon passing.

Top Bottom