• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

This game didn't even go through any testing before release at all. I think we are the ones actually doing the testing and we paid $60 to be Beta testers. I'm still itching my head how game reviewers didn't point out a lot of these flaws with the game. My casual brother in law spotted out so many of the bugs and glitches with the game.

Thank You, this game sucks. It has way too many warts and game killing bugs, on top of not being able to save rosters or sliders and a host of other shit. Makes me so mad I got rid of my PS3 version for this D-league basketball game.

turned on the game today and my character got reset to 25 overall. WTF, I had to sit through all those cut scene and scripted moments just to get to 79 overall now its all gone. They got rid of create a player to force this bs glitch filled, scripted mycareer crap just so they could make money from selling vc points.

weevles

Sigh, my MyPlayer sob story for the day: So I finally had a game where I was ready to break out. Down by 14, I got into a hot streak and was close to meeting the "Take Over" goal by scoring 8/10 in a row. Then fucking Rondo gets called for a foul and now I have to do this scripted shit where I have to either take the foul or let Rondo stew. I knew at that point I was going to get shafted either way. Sure enough, I let Rondo take the blame (it was his fucking foul, not mine) and my teammates iced me out of the next play, killing my hot streak. Our team defense sucked, but I had gotten us to within two and could of won the game, but I was so pissed I couldn't even play anymore and we lost. MyPlayer is a total penis in the ass of consumers who just want to have a little fun. And while I'm still a little reluctant to say they are flat out money grabbing MyPlayer by making it overly annoying to get VC, I have to demand that the scripted shit get tossed next year. It's stupid, badly written, overly linear. and goddamn it, it is simply not fun.

Hasney

Ugh, reading through this thread makes me want to play it now, but Amazon sent me a PS3 code instead of PS4, so got to wait for that to be sorted first.

Jesus, they couldn't have improved the crowds a bit more? A bunch of repetitive low poly models all wearing the same thing?They are definitely better than before but it's the little things...

Nyx

Jesus, they couldn't have improved the crowds a bit more? A bunch of repetitive low poly models all wearing the same thing?They are definitely better than before but it's the little things...

The weird thing about the crowd imo is that they all look straight forward.
Meaning the people who are in the corners of the stadium are not looking at the game at all.

Anyway I'm slowly learning the game, I feel it's very enjoyable.
MyCareer has been laughable though, those cutscenes hahaha.

First basketball game ( except for NBA Street ) and damn...I'm stunned how awesome this looks. Suck at playing, but nevertheless awesome.

Nintyb

Banned
Just tried to play my first game and it crashed to dashboard. Wonderful.

Anyone else had it crash on Xbone? I've now had two launch games CTD where I never once saw it happen on 360.

Fairly certain the patch will do dick. I just read on one of their social media twitters that they couldn't implement a lot of customization because of "new technology"

FFS

Pachimari

Ugh, reading through this thread makes me want to play it now, but Amazon sent me a PS3 code instead of PS4, so got to wait for that to be sorted first.

This thread does the total opposite to me.

I'm strongly contemplating trading my unsealed copy in for Fifa 14 tomorrow instead, and then waiting for next years NBA 2K.

Fairly certain the patch will do dick. I just read on one of their social media twitters that they couldn't implement a lot of customization because of "new technology"

FFS
Seems you're right.
from a NBA2k dev on OperationSports:

"Patch 3 is the big one folks. Lots in there, so it's requiring some solid development time. This patch just resolves a few key issues to get some people playing and to ensure a few key services are functioning correctly. The lead time on patches (from when we're done to release) for XB1/PS4 is upwards of 2 weeks depending on first party load."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't understand why they don't update rosters more quickly. That seems like the one thing that would be easy to do. Just stick an intern on it.

Dylx

Does the game fix the pass glitch, where you and the guy you passing to is open but the pass sails out of bounds? This game is actually full of glitches....

Lexxism

Do you guys experienced this?

Whenever I play myplayer, it seems like your team is keep on trading their players until you almost got a new set of players on your time. I even experienced this one with 2k13.

This thread does the total opposite to me.

I'm strongly contemplating trading my unsealed copy in for Fifa 14 tomorrow instead, and then waiting for next years NBA 2K.
I think that's a good plan, they really have a lot of things to iron out.

Does the game fix the pass glitch, where you and the guy you passing to is open but the pass sails out of bounds? This game is actually full of glitches....
This shit is so ridiculous...it's like half a letter grade reduction too, all because I passed to an open teammate.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Is this a glitch or just gameplay? This happens a fair amount but assumed it was gameplay. I play regular though not MyPlayer.

Is this a glitch or just gameplay? This happens a fair amount but assumed it was gameplay. I play regular though not MyPlayer.

It's happens based off of the passer's pass rating and tends to happen more often when nonskilled passers try to make long passes while moving.

It's way exaggerated though. You wouldn't expect an NBA player to throw the ball five feet over someone's head ever, no matter how bad they are.

It's happens based off of the passer's pass rating and tends to happen more often when nonskilled passers try to make long passes while moving.

It's way exaggerated though. You wouldn't expect an NBA player to throw the ball five feet over someone's head ever, no matter how bad they are.

I've noticed this quite a bit too seems to happen more often when passing to a player on the sidelines.

diehard

Fleer

this is from last night, i made it just for you

asdasd.gif

Klocker

omg I suck but this game plays so well (with a few tweeks)

graphics are sick and game play is tits... had to turn off commentary though as Kerr is boring as hell

ron_bato

I don't understand why they don't update rosters more quickly. That seems like the one thing that would be easy to do. Just stick an intern on it.

You would think so. I've been playing with an online connection since 2k11 and based on that period, rosters have been a problem for them. Missing players, taking too long to adjust ratings, wrong accessories etc. 2k14 on current gen got better though, from what I understand, the updated rosters will drop when the xbox one patch gets through, some time this week.

hitme

*gets drafted by the Kings as a PG*
I already got drafted to the Kings once before I restarted, so getting picked by the Kings again pissed me off.

*FINALLY gets traded; to the Bucks*
*meh, demands another trade*
*gets traded to the Raptors*
notbad.gif
*teammates blows, demands a trade again*
*gets traded back to the Kings*

Kill me.

BadAss2961

Seems you're right.
from a NBA2k dev on OperationSports:

"Patch 3 is the big one folks. Lots in there, so it's requiring some solid development time. This patch just resolves a few key issues to get some people playing and to ensure a few key services are functioning correctly. The lead time on patches (from when we're done to release) for XB1/PS4 is upwards of 2 weeks depending on first party load."
All I need fixed is the postgame highlights. It literally hasn't worked for me not even once.

Doubt it will happen in this year's game though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Have a random observation. I think the presentation of highlights and everything is pretty shitty in this game, and has been since it got good again a few years ago. Does anyone remember the Dreamcast one or something where they had a studio show and bounced around showing the best plays of the half? That was fantastic.

Derrick01

Banned
Something I've noticed after playing 10 games in GM mode is that it's almost impossible to get a 3 point play. The ball never goes in when you're fouled even if it was an easy layup. What I do see quite frequently, about once every other game, is a foul will happen on a shot and someone else will goal tend it so they'll give the basket and 1 free throw. I've never seen that happen in real life though, so this is pretty backwards.

http://www.operationsports.com/inte...ps4-later-xbox-one-post-your-impressions.html

Operation Sports doesn't seem too pleased either

someone posted if a player found a way to exploit getting easy/free VC, you sure as hell bet a patch would be out the next week

and that is damn true

Rockstar proved how true that was. They ruthlessly cracked down on any money exploits within a day or two of them being discovered while actual improvements to the game took....actually I don't think they ever did improve GTA Online in the first month it was out.

F2P shit needs to be out of all these "normal" console games. Period.

edit: Also is every patch going to be 2.3gb? You're killing me 2k.

Mandatory 2 gig patch and it doesn't do shit. I think I'm just going to delete the whole fucking install. Close to 50 gigs for a basketball game. smh.

alba

Little is the new Big
Well... I wish I could try and see if mycareer still crashes or not.... but waiting on a box to get my new ps4 since the current one died, I really hope it fixes the crash otherwise I'll just have to give up on the career mode, put way too much time into it :(

Smokey

this is from last night, i made it just for you

asdasd.gif

i see you. crossing the streams bro

also

is it a guarantee that you make it to the nba finals in your first season as myGM? I made it and it is Rockets v Pistons (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

Lexxism

is it a guarantee that you make it to the nba finals in your first season as myGM? I made it and it is Rockets v Pistons (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

Yes? I'm currently 20-1 right now with Warriors. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win the Finals with this team.

weevles

I requested a trade, but the team that picked me up was not in my top 3 and wasn't even high on the list of teams that wanted me.

MyCareer just doesn't make any kind of sense, except the moneyhatting, buy our VC sense.

NoTacos

*gets drafted by the Kings as a PG*
I already got drafted to the Kings once before I restarted, so getting picked by the Kings again pissed me off.

*FINALLY gets traded; to the Bucks*
*meh, demands another trade*
*gets traded to the Raptors*
notbad.gif
*teammates blows, demands a trade again*
*gets traded back to the Kings*

Kill me.
I was thinking about asking for a trade, but I didn't want BS like this to happen lol

I got 1st rd 7th pick to the trailblazers. Just got a starting position on the rotation. Definitely a rough start but once they gave me minutes we started winning, went from last to 6th in the west conf. Mid season.

You should try and give your new teams a chance. Once you figure out how the AI plays you can just put yourself in a position to make a difference on the court.

WTF this update didnt fix shit. 2k is the new EA. 60 dollars down the drain. I don't want to go to the damn park, i don't want to buy vc, I don't want to be a gm. All i want is to create my own player and play through seasons without have to go through this scripted crap called my career..

Double D

Anyone know if there's a listing of personality badges and their description either in the game or online somewhere?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
does the new patch fix the stuttering sound through optical cable glitch?

It hasn't fixed the stuttering sound through HDMI glitch, so no?

also cool NEW glitch, i got to hear NBA Today through the first quarter of an online game just now. Well bits and pieces of it through the stuttering sound and all.

It hasn't fixed the stuttering sound through HDMI glitch, so no?

also cool NEW glitch, i got to hear NBA Today through the first quarter of an online game just now. Well bits and pieces of it through the stuttering sound and all.

yeah I had that problem in my league game

just fucking fabulous

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hmm I just got approached by another sports agent behind my current agent's back.....

If I've learned anything from this wonky My Career scripting is every decision is take to the EXTREME. For instance if you decide to go out with the fella's after the game you
end up with dick pics all over town and suspended a game

If you talk to this guy your agent is going to stab you in the neck...

Top Bottom